This has probably been asked a bunch before, but the search isn't working right now...

I presently take in extra protein regularly, and L-Glutamine after a gym visit. I'm thinking of adding in BCAA and Creatine, but does creatine actually help improve strength progression or just aid more in adding bulk?

Creatine won't help in terms of bulk, other than water retention (which I have only experienced a small amount if any)

Creatines geared more towards helping you get more power/energy=more reps/more weight.

I notice a difference in recovery more than anything. Use it, if you notice any improvement carry on. If not take it out, just drink plenty of water. I don't bother cycling it either. Not everyone likes/responds to it. 

As for bcaa, just take it man...awesome stuff

Just to add, I buy all my supps in their rawest form so I have complete control over what I take. A usual shake for me is 

X2 25g scoops protein

5g creatine

5g bcaa

5g glutamine

Ill have this mix x2 a day, regardless if its an on/off day (times I take it just alter) if I'm training early I'll take an extra 5g of glutamine/bcaa before hand.

I decided to take Creatine at one point. I started with what I assumed to be a good brand and I noticed no change.

My boyfriend went out shopping and got me this cheap stuff from a supermarket for 1/4 of the price and I noticed a significant "boost"... I started leaving the gym less tired so I put more reps in.

when i started it i felt i was much stronger. could have been placebo. hired a coach who really knows his stuff, he took me off of it so i would lose weight and doesnt take it himself, doesnt believe it actually works. i sitll have a big jar so i may cycle it in again in the winter time when im not so worried about staying small. and the good thing is is that its cheap and vegan friendly, so why not?

Tell you what does nothing for me...energy drinks/pre work out drinks, absolutely no effect on me at all
I drink energy drinks because I love the flavor... that's about it. I can throw one back and go straight to bed. I find that a good pre-workout drink, on the other hand, gives me a better pump which seems to motivate me just that much more. Mostly psychological, but it works for me.

Used creatine monohydrate after my workout for two years, months on and months off. I never noticed a difference whether I was on or off it so I simply gave all of my supply away a month ago. I know friends who swear by its effectiveness and water retention, but I just never noticed any improvements from it.

I'd recommend trying it for a month or two and seeing if you like it. It'd definitely give you a placebo boost, if nothing else.

Creatine is very hit and miss, at least in my experience. I know what it's meant to do but I don't see much different between taking and not taking it.

Protein powder and BCAA's work fine and you'll save money by dropping creatine.

• 2 weeks later...

I do 3 times per week gym (1h) + bike (40min)+ 3 times MA (1h and half). I run maybe 1 or 2 times per week (20-30mins).

I take before every gym 4 pills of "Mega Plus RAM".

Then after W.O. I run @ home by bike (it takes 20mins) and take 8gr of BCAA and 20 gr of soya-protein.

A friend of mine tell me that I should take 30gr of soya and 8 of BCAA post W.O. and then 6 of BCAA everyday. Maybe I could also take 20gr of soya-protein everyday (they give me a lot of energy).

Am I doing something wrong?

I fell more power and sharp, but no real bulking. I went in India and after my weight was increased by 3kg, now I lost them. I'm training in gym since September (I quitted in december, january and march).