Cheapest Protein source/Powder?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

boardn10
Manatee

Re: Cheapest Protein source/Powder?

#16 Postby boardn10 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Never heard of MyProtein company. I go back and forth between vegan and vegetarian.
What do I do when not bodybuilding or working? Spend time with family, play guitar, write music, snowboard, roast coffee, travel, read, fight for those who are less fortunate than myself.

veggiesasquatch
Gorilla

#17 Postby veggiesasquatch » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:43 am

They're a great company & they clearly label everything even before you click on the item http://www.myprotein.com/uk/cats/protein/best-sellers

They do pea, rice proteins to. But I live in the uk :)
"Don't fall for that crap that people are peddling on the message boards, in magazines or on TV. Get your shit in order, and get your training in order. Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn't matter" Jim Wendler

sealionnn
Finch

#18 Postby sealionnn » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:04 am

If you aren't set on powders, Trader Joe's also has a store brand soy milk with no sugar added, which is like 40g protein for a dollar.

boardn10
Manatee

#19 Postby boardn10 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:41 pm

I have stopped protein powders. I believe they are a waste. Just eat enough calories and a varied diet and the protein will handle itself.
What do I do when not bodybuilding or working? Spend time with family, play guitar, write music, snowboard, roast coffee, travel, read, fight for those who are less fortunate than myself.

baxt1412
Finch

#20 Postby baxt1412 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

Grape Nuts wrote:I like mixing my own pea/rice/hemp 40/30/30 or so at http://truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx
But cheapest local to me would definitely be Genisoy with 25g protein and 0 carbs. I don't use soy powder much any more but at around $10 it is a good bang for buck and the numbers are good...

have you had a lot of experience with this website? it seems nearly too good to be true.

Grape Nuts
Rabbit

#21 Postby Grape Nuts » Thu May 10, 2012 3:21 pm

baxt1412 wrote:
Grape Nuts wrote:I like mixing my own pea/rice/hemp 40/30/30 or so at http://truenutrition.com/p-1126-custom-mix.aspx
But cheapest local to me would definitely be Genisoy with 25g protein and 0 carbs. I don't use soy powder much any more but at around $10 it is a good bang for buck and the numbers are good...

have you had a lot of experience with this website? it seems nearly too good to be true.

Yes I am finishing off 5 lbs. and going to order 20 lbs soon. They have a new pea/hemp/rice mix that is cheaper than blending yourself and it has a great profile. Add stevia and some flavors for free.

Grape Nuts
Rabbit

#22 Postby Grape Nuts » Thu May 10, 2012 3:22 pm

boardn10 wrote:I have stopped protein powders. I believe they are a waste. Just eat enough calories and a varied diet and the protein will handle itself.

I wish it were that easy for me to gain muscle and keep a low body fat. What are your stats?

xChrisZx
Manatee

#23 Postby xChrisZx » Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 pm

baxt1412 wrote:

I have been ordering from these guys for the past year or so. Top notch stuff.

sixtwentyeight
Finch

#24 Postby sixtwentyeight » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 am

ive been using this http://truenutrition.com/p-1169-vegan-p ... a-1lb.aspx. i buy the natural chocolate sweetened with stevia. it's reasonably priced and doesnt taste too bad. has about 25 g protein per serving.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”