Hello from Italy :)

mindovermatter

Hello everyone! My name is Edoardo, I'm from Italy (from Sicily, to be accurate), I'm 18, and I'm going to the gym since last Dicember. I've been vegetarian for over than two years and now I'm vegan, for just over than a month. I'm happy to be here and sorry for my english, I hope to also train that : D

I've always thought that the real animalcruelty-free diet is the vegan one. But I still live with my family, so I had to make a compromise with this situation. Then I decided to take a stand, I explained what I really thought and now here I am! I have never liked cheese, eggs and all these things, I ate them only because they're found in cakes, biscuits and things like that. So the change wasn't difficult at all

Wow, that's really cool. I have never been to Italy although its on the top of the list of countries I want to visit. From visiting other countries in Europe I have found that meat and cheese are such an integrated part of the diets that it was at times difficult to eat at restaurants. Are there plenty of vegetarian restaurants in Italy? Or in Sicily specifically or do you have to always do your own cooking?

You're from the little island.

I have not been overseas yet but I'm hoping to visit Italy and Greece within the next couple years. I'll need to do a bit more research on culture and stuff before I go.. I admit I'm naive in that regard.

Welcome and hope you find lots of support and help here to get you on the road to success.

Wow, that's really cool. I have never been to Italy although its on the top of the list of countries I want to visit. From visiting other countries in Europe I have found that meat and cheese are such an integrated part of the diets that it was at times difficult to eat at restaurants. Are there plenty of vegetarian restaurants in Italy? Or in Sicily specifically or do you have to always do your own cooking?

In italy the number of vegetarian is relatively high (10% of the population), but they're located especially in the northern part of Italy. Here, in the south, the number of vegetarian is slighty increasing but the number of veg restaurants is very low, for example, in the nearest "big" city, there are only two veg restaraunts, although there are a lot of indian restaurants and similar. It's true: Italians love cheese, milk and meat! So I make up my own things, buying only sometimes seitan already prepared.

You're from the little island.

I have not been overseas yet but I'm hoping to visit Italy and Greece within the next couple years. I'll need to do a bit more research on culture and stuff before I go.. I admit I'm naive in that regard.

Welcome and hope you find lots of support and help here to get you on the road to success.

Feel free to ask me any advice! I think, having traveled relatively enough to judge, that Italy is one of the best countries of Europe...however, for other sides, there are things that do not go for nothing.

Welcome Edoardo!

Great to have you here. Thanks for joining our community.

All the very best in your health and fitness goals.

Welcome aboard!

-Robert

Thank you! I hope to reach my goals