Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Deep thigh pain while squatting.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:15 pm 
Elephant

If you can't get out a car you gotta stop working it and let it heal man. The worse you make it, the longer it will take to heal and the less muscle you'll build in the long term. In the meantime check out plenty of mobility work/foam rolling for warming up with so this doesn't happen again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 am 
Manatee

chewybaws wrote:
If you can't get out a car you gotta stop working it and let it heal man. The worse you make it, the longer it will take to heal and the less muscle you'll build in the long term. In the meantime check out plenty of mobility work/foam rolling for warming up with so this doesn't happen again.

Yes, but what about active recovery? I have talked to some physical therapists and a friend who is a doctor, plus my chiropractor and all believe in active recovery, meaning some form of work. They said if lunges and step ups do not bother it, I should do those, my body will complain if it is an issue. I took the same approach with my trap injury and it got better. I have had this on and off for over a year though.

The thing that is tough is any time I have an injury and lay off, I tend to pack on the fat! Today is leg day and I have no idea what I am going to do. Cardio such as bike riding really bothers it.

Last edited by boardn10 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 am 
Manatee

Synny667 wrote:
I have no insurance and an in the hole 12k for my 2 er trips with 2 ct scans. Do you have a teaching hospital close by? Even just working out payment arrangements works. Neglecting it can lead to issues later. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do something you can't afford to stay string and healthy

But I don't want to be a string. :( :lachmal:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:54 am 
Elephant

You don't want to damage your leg any further do you???? I didn't want to go to the ER for my visits or get CT scans but you gotta be the grown up and do what needs to be done

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:47 pm 
Manatee

Synny667 wrote:
You don't want to damage your leg any further do you???? I didn't want to go to the ER for my visits or get CT scans but you gotta be the grown up and do what needs to be done

I said string because you mentioned string! LOL

Well, I had a leg workout today. I called my friend who is a nurse practitioner and another who is a Chiropractor. Both said active rehabilitation is fine as long as I feel no pain during the workout. I am avoiding the things that cause pain such as deadlifts and squats.

Today I did leg press. I only went up to 800 lbs for 6 reps and lunges and then some light cardio and abs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:44 am 
Manatee

This is really becoming a problem. I have some serious pain in my thigh. I am taking legs off the rest of the month and spreading my upper body out over the week to make up for the lost gym day and instead will do some cardio in its place. :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:22 am 
Elephant

You really should go see a doctor.....

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:52 pm 
Manatee

I have seen soooooo many doctors over the last 4 years, tons of MRIs. you name it and they always come back fine. I can;t keep spending the money as it is causing a lot of stress in our family so I have to just rest it out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm 
Rabbit

Go to a licensed massage therapist. A real one. I go there before any doc. Always get fixed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 am 
Elephant

boardn10 wrote:
Yes, but what about active recovery?
Not sure what your definition of active recovery is, but to help something heal quicker I do something that involves a lot of reps and very light weight - what I'm getting at is it should be way easier than the workout, it's just to restore some mobility and get some blood through the muscle.

If you have trouble getting out of a car, an 800lbs leg press is not active recovery.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:38 pm 
Manatee

Hi Chewy, I am taking this week off from lifting....only some walking and maybe cardio. Next week I am only doing light, high reps legs, like step ups, lunges, or maybe just more cardio and go from there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm 
Manatee

This is really starting to bother me. It won't heal. Took me 4 months for my trap injury to heal, and now this?! Are you kidding me?!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 am 
Manatee

I have never been more depressed about lifting than right now. :( I tried light squats last night and my hip flexor was KILLING me. :( I had to do stupid leg presses again. It is embarrassing because I a huge believer in squats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm 
Finch

My guess is a torn labrum in your hip. Sounds like what i dealt with. I squatted though it and eventually the pain dissapeared. My mri should a partial tear. I was considering surgery but never went and im glad i didnt. Now once in a blue moon i get that pain. But getting out of the car is what males me think thats what it is.