One of the most muscular actors ever, a vegetarian

robert

I read some posts the other day regarding celebrities and who makes a good ambassador for veganism ( talking about Mike Tyson in the thread).

All I can say is there is no doubt that this guy must be a brilliant ambassador , great actor, great athlete and he comes across as a genuine, caring person.

Thanks for sharing Robert

Yeah, he seems really cool. He has been one of my favorite actors for a long time. Cool to know he's been vegetarian for years. I don't know how close he is to becoming vegan, but it would be cool to watch a future video with him talking about veganism a bit more too.

What a big, strong guy!

How freakin' cool is that? I've had a major crush on this guy's Mac Truck body, sweet demeanor, and laser beam smile for years and I never knew he was a vegetarian. Now, I have even more lusting to do. Thanks so much for posting, Roberto!

Baby Herc

Edited by Baby Hercules

• 3 months later...

The surprising part was that he had a heart attack. In the article you posted it said he went veg to and it reversed serious health conditions so I am curious now if he had some underlying heart condition. Perhaps the transition to vegan could have prolonged his life further or perhaps healed him. Never know now I suppose. Sad.

Well he was vegetarian and still ate huge amounts of dairy and eggs which consist of massive amounts of fat and cholesterol. I am sure this is what led to his heart attack. If he went vegan he would still be alive. I am certain of that.

Unfortunately, that could never be proven - just as we have had vegans who gotten and/or died of various cancers and other ailments over the years, the diet simply does not provide any guarantee of being disease-proof for anyone.

It's easy to speculate that his diet may have been his undoing, but then again, he might have only eaten a few eggs each week and little dairy, perhaps less than the average American, we just don't know, and without proof, it's not really fair to say that it was a guranteed factor in his demise. Lots of people out there who simply will have the bad luck of the draw, and for them, no diet can save them from the day that something will be their undoing, particularly if it's a lifelong congenital defect that went undetected until it was too late.

Well weighing 360 pounds, like he did before all this, is not healthy, no matter how muscular you are. I had read an article somewhere about his diet being mostly carnivorous when he was that size and then his transition to vegetarianism consisted of lots of eggs, dairy, nuts, and vegetables. Its pretty difficult to stay away from heart disease when you were thay big for that long. Cancer is a little different as it's mostly genetic while onna vegan diet. A whole foods plant based vegan diet can help turn off cancer growth, to an extent in some people, but some are predisposed to it through other factors such as line of work, daily habits such as smoking, and even where you live. There is an article by Dr.

Campbell about a study he did with smokers on vegan diets having nearly normal percentages of development of cancer with people on normal american diets who are non-smokers. Obviously the rates grow exponentially if you smoke and eat a SAD.

I don't wish to say anything bad about the man at all, this is not even speculation about him. Yes a large consumption of dairy products can mess you up, also the stuff America puts in it's dairy products and how the cows are treated can also cause health problems.

There is also the possibility of steroids. Not saying that he took them, what I am saying is that they can mess your heart up too. Also other drugs, legal or otherwise can have bad side effects. Also, he may just have had a heart condition that was not diagnosed. Once you have one problem it can mask another.

Well weighing 360 pounds, like he did before all this, is not healthy, no matter how muscular you are. I had read an article somewhere about his diet being mostly carnivorous when he was that size and then his transition to vegetarianism consisted of lots of eggs, dairy, nuts, and vegetables. Its pretty difficult to stay away from heart disease when you were thay big for that long. Cancer is a little different as it's mostly genetic while onna vegan diet. A whole foods plant based vegan diet can help turn off cancer growth, to an extent in some people, but some are predisposed to it through other factors such as line of work, daily habits such as smoking, and even where you live. There is an article by Dr.

Campbell about a study he did with smokers on vegan diets having nearly normal percentages of development of cancer with people on normal american diets who are non-smokers. Obviously the rates grow exponentially if you smoke and eat a SAD.

I'm not saying it isn't possible that his diet had been an issue, but I tend to not want to like to say "He'd definitely have lived longer if he'd been vegan" because it's always an X factor, perhaps it could have helped, perhaps it was destined due to pre-existing conditions that one day, his heart wouldn't be able to keep going and that would be the end. But yes, being as large as he was, his system did have to work considerably harder than that of most people, and it's fairly obvious based on anyone who has seen MCD over the years, he was not "clean", and steriod use can have negative impact on the heart and may have been a contributing factor. Especially if he used consistently over the past few decades, since he's been a really, really big guy since I first saw him with a bit part in Player's Club back in the mid 90s.

I'm just always reluctant to promote veganism (any type, raw or otherwise) as a guarantee of avoiding medical issues or being able to offer a 100% cure to anything since there are no guarantees, and I'm hesitant to claim that MCD could have been "saved" by it considering that other obvious issues may well have been the main contributing factors that may have taken his life regardless if he had been 100% vegan for a while. Of course, there's always a chance, but I prefer not to speculate too much on the death of another person as we simply can't know the whole story.

Regardless, RIP big man - he will be missed