Gaia's Cut

Sprouted tofu cut up in my salad today. Ran out of my vinaigrette dressing, so I made a raw tahini/lemon juice dressing to put on instead. Not too bad. Little 4 oz tofu, but I do have alot of salad! Chewing, chewing, chewing. . .I feel like I am eating a 4 course meal! LOL!

Good Arm workout. Partner came in and did some cardio, while I did my workout on my own. Still considering doing some cardio tonight at the gym.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. I read your post about how you can just eat tofu right out of the carton. And I thought I would try that, being that I can stomach protein powder straight with water now. And you are right! It is not so bad. Usually I burp up soybean, but with this sprouted tofu, I have yet to burp it up. . . so maybe I can digest this tofu better?

excerpt from Flex's Kai Greene's interview:

Thought is the most powerful thing in the universe. You have to think it before you can do it. The mind is what makes it all possible. When you're deep into your prep and things are tough because you're tired and dealing with all the pressures of striving to be your best for that one moment in time, it's your mind that sees you through. Your mind is what gives you the power to do whatever it is you need to do to make it happen.

People think of bodybuilding as an end result, but I see it as an ongoing process. . . It's a journey that lasts because we are always striving to be better, to perfect our craft.

Rings true for me. The mind is the control center. Doesn't mean it is a dictator. It listens to the body, but it thinks about how to proceed with the focus in mind, and comes up with an answer that is rationally thought out.

I will say that when I eat it I do get really gassy hahahaha

Oh my! I hope that doesn't happen to me . Otherwise I will just do what I usually do - turn my music up real loud, tune the world out, and pretend that it wasn't me, but my sneakers/Vibrams?LOL are just making noises!

That would be quite the conversation:

Tummy: I am hungry, eat some food.

Brain: We just ate 2 hours ago, and it is still in the small intestines getting absorbed. Just wait 1 more hour for Meal#whatever.

Tummy: I don't care where the food is in my body, all I know is that it isn't here in the tummy right now, and I want to eat NOW!!!!! EAT NOW!!!! EAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Brain: Now, now. Calm down. How about if we eat just an apple?

Tummy: An apple? I am more hungry than that! I want those cookies over there! Eat COOKIES!

Brain: Let's eat an apple first. Then we will wait and see if you are still wanting the cookies - and it will be just one cookie.

Tummy: What do you mean one cookie? I want at least 4 or 5 cookies. They are so small.

Brain: Apple?

Tummy: NO!!!! COOOKIES! I want COOKIES!!! F*CK THE APPLE!

Brain: Cookies are not good for you. They have refined sugar, transfats or saturated fats, and refined flour . . .

Tummy hears: Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah . . . . .

LOL, is this a familiar scene?

Today was the first time I didn't feel euphoric after taking the Lipo6 (and the ProStack) and going outside to do cardio. Throughout the cardio, I felt normal . . my tolerance to the Lipo6 is starting to build up already. And the last 10 minutes were hard to do mentally (the brain starts thinking thoughts like - I would like to stop and walk now. This is not much fun, and I want to stop already), but I didn't argue with myself long - I just said we are doing what we always do, so suck it! and nothing was hurting on me - it was just an all over fatigue and lack of endorphins.

It was Chest day at the gym, and I went as heavy as I could (as I am on this heavy circuit for all the bodyparts I work out this week). Left delt started to give me trouble. If I put my shoulder blades way on my back flat, and pushed up my chest to my chin, I was able to execute the exercise without any pain. Probably the angle meant that I had taken the delt out of doing any pushing/work, kind of like a decline press (?)

I am icing the delt right now - as I am scheduled for Delts tomorrow and Legs the next day. I might have to switch it around, so with that in my mind, I decided to not do any cardio tonight. The gym's running club (they are training for marathons and long distance races) is meeting tomorrow early too, and they promised that they were only going to do around 5 miles, so I might show up for that (and last time I was able to do Legs heavy even though I did my own morning cardio that morning - can I do a repeat?).

So tired tonight. Sleep welcomed wholeheartedly.

Since I decided to do no cardio this morning, I slept in till 9 AM! Delt still alittle sore. Going to ice it some more - might have to help the inflammation go down with an ibprofen though. Will change schedule to Legs tonight, and Delts tomorrow.

That would be quite the conversation:

Tummy: I am hungry, eat some food.

Brain: We just ate 2 hours ago, and it is still in the small intestines getting absorbed. Just wait 1 more hour for Meal#whatever.

Tummy: I don't care where the food is in my body, all I know is that it isn't here in the tummy right now, and I want to eat NOW!!!!! EAT NOW!!!! EAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Brain: Now, now. Calm down. How about if we eat just an apple?

Tummy: An apple? I am more hungry than that! I want those cookies over there! Eat COOKIES!

Brain: Let's eat an apple first. Then we will wait and see if you are still wanting the cookies - and it will be just one cookie.

Tummy: What do you mean one cookie? I want at least 4 or 5 cookies. They are so small.

Brain: Apple?

Tummy: NO!!!! COOOKIES! I want COOKIES!!! F*CK THE APPLE!

Brain: Cookies are not good for you. They have refined sugar, transfats or saturated fats, and refined flour . . .

Tummy hears: Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah . . . . .

LOL, is this a familiar scene?

hahahaha! awesome! yeah its a constant mental game. some days all i think about is food and my next meal. so ridiculous. Then people I know are say "oh I have not eaten in 8 hours, I just forgot to eat" huh?!? this makes no sense to me. how can you "forget" to eat. i live by the damn clock to eat

I can let a meal slide for an hour or so, but it is not that I am so damn hungry (which is always constant now - except the first 30 minutes of taking the fat burners/Lipo6), it is that I mentally think my muscle mass is going to be used as fuel and all my hard work of the bulking season is going to go down the tubes and be worthless! I will chug a protein shake made with water if I have to miss the meal time (I have the protein powder in little snack ziplock baggies with me at all times - and the gallon jug of water is a given.

Today was the day I started to take the usual recommended dosage of 2 Lipo6 capsules in the morning (right out of bed, bathroom, weigh myself, and take the fat burners and out the door I go for cardio - it is now warm enough in the early morning) and 2 in the afternoon (flying high for the first 30 minutes of my workout today - got up too fast from the Leg Press a couple of times and almost passed out - yay for yoga forward bend to save me from that! blood back to the brain, as it pooled in my Legs today). Leg day was the same as last time - could do the massive weights from bulking season! I am wondering if I could just keep lifting heavy and by doing the cardio/diet combo to lose the bodyfat. . . . that is what I wish would happen. . . maybe tweak my diet around . . but that is alot of cardio on my body. . and the heavy weights . . don't know if I can snap back that fast . . let alone lose weight. I know of guys who have done it that way, but they were juicing - so I can't really rely on that.

Legs were still wobbly at night, so it was just a fast 1 hour trail walk at night for my night time cardio. Just had my protein shake about an hour ago, and it still seems to keeping the hunger at bay as I prepare for bed. Yay for that too!

Just remember to cycle it. 4-6 weeks on it, and then 2-3 weeks off of it. I already know that the 2-3 weeks are going to be hard to do. I can now see why people do coffee/espresso to get a jolt going in the morning - but I am training to get ripped for a competition, not everyday life. On my days off from training, I do not use it, and I sleep all day! Trying to recharge my body without stimulants = sleep. Luckily with the Lipo6, I do not have the usual headache of withdrawl from caffeine like everybody else seems to have, and am able to go off of it for a day with only the side effect of sleeping all day - not conducive to work though.

Just got back from morning cardio - weighed in at 149.2! (and that is after a BM, little water to get the supplements down, and 1 hour of light intensity cardio!). Finally! I broke the 150 lbs barrier! Now it is onto 140 for the end of May! and that is going to be quite the battle for me. Still, I will take this small victory!!!!