NOW Soy Protein Isolate Quality?

I would stay away from soy protein and opt for an alkaline-forming protein rather than an acid-forming protein (like soy, and of course whey, casein, etc.)

If you can get your hands on a hemp, pea, rice, or even spirulina protein, I think those would be best.

Soy is acid-forming and vegans especially tend to eat so much soy anyway for breakfast, snacks, lunch, dinner, desserts, bars, etc. I would opt for something else.

Isolate proteins aren't the healthiest either, so I'd go for a whole protein, sprouted protein, etc.

Some products you might like are:

Vega

Sun Warrior

Healthforce Nutritionals

Plant Fusion

Vegan Proteins

Bodybuilding.com should carry all that stuff, but for a quick collection of a bunch of all-vegan proteins check out www.veganproteins.com too.

Then pick items up anywhere you can, online, in stores, etc.

My all-time favorite is Vega Sport Protein Vanilla Flavor, which also has BCAAs and l-glutamine. It's awesome! Plant Fusion is also really good and a nice low price point. The others mentioned are all pretty good too, both in quality and flavors.

All the best!

Great to have you here.

-Robert

Thanks Robert! I do eat a lot of soy at the moment but the price of the jug is what allured me, haha. I'll take your advice to heart - right now I'm using Sunwarrior Brown Rice protein, but lately it's been hard for me to choke down protein powder from brown rice and I was just looking for an alternative.

I was also looking at the Vega Sport Protein. On your recommendation I'll buy it, thank you again. : )

Anytime.

I've been eating large amounts of soy for 17 years now and I believe there are better alternatives, especially when it comes to powders and supplements. Yeah, some are better than others, for sure, when it comes to taste and quality. Sun Warrior may not work for you, but Vega might. Perhaps Plant Fusion or something else, like a general vegan powder found at Whole Foods or another health food store works.

Keep playing around with it until you find a good fit.

Looking solid in your photos you posted.

All the best as you lean up for beach season.

Robert

strive for BALANCE when looking for Vegan Proteins.

Non-fermented is where most of the studies are showing the health concerns and risks. But fermented soy like non-GMO tofu provide the good microflora to the intestinal tract that can help with digestion and assimilation of nutrients, and boost immunity.

So one meal have some brown rice protein, the next have some seitan, the next have some tofu, etc, the next a Vega shake. Balance is what we should be striving for to be healthy Vegans!

Thanks guys. I eat a lot of seitan for my protein needs, so I always try to have tofu or another soy-based meal on the same day to make up for the lysine deficiency. Are soy products adequate lysine sources?

Non-fermented is where most of the studies are showing the health concerns and risks. But fermented soy like non-GMO tofu provide the good microflora to the intestinal tract that can help with digestion and assimilation of nutrients, and boost immunity.

I heard there is fermented and non-fermented tofu. How do i tell the difference?