bloated!

man, I consume a lot of fiber like most of you all..but I've been consuming Gardein products [it sucks, they taste wonderful and I am addicted], for dinner mostly and I think it's contributing to that swollen belly look.

someone help me decide which protein is better and not so highly processed! :/

I love my tempeh for lunch, its perfect.

Oh yeah that stuff is delicious and for some reason its on sale often where I shop... I'm kinda a sucker for those packaged meatless alternatives too. Really though cooking up some seitan or tofu yourself doesn't take too long. Hemp seeds on salads a really tasty and a good source of protein (I really dump them on, can get pricey though). Mushrooms, like cooking up a portabella burger is a nice change of pace. Quinoa has protein in it. Bean dishes are good there are a million types. Check out the recipe section in the forum or just start googling. "It must have been something I ate" is a good book packed with info on nutrition and recipes, its worth checking out.

-Dylan

thanks dylan!

I use to be completely obsessive over NOT eating processed shite like that, but since i started its hard to stop.

I make my own seitan as well, I just need to stop eating for the taste, ya know?

eat whats BETTER.

time to jump on the healthier side of the bandwagon again!

^_^

Yeah its all about what I have around. If its not there then I can't eat it. If its there, I'm probably going to end up eating it. I downed a half pint of ice cream yesterday that my neighbor brought over for us and it was in my freezer....calling my name....couldn't resist. haha.

-Dylan

Yeah its all about what I have around. If its not there then I can't eat it. If its there, I'm probably going to end up eating it. I downed a half pint of ice cream yesterday that my neighbor brought over for us and it was in my freezer....calling my name....couldn't resist. haha.

-Dylan

it's good that you did cause becoming a slave to your diet is very UNHEATLHY in my opinion.

I agree. That is one reason why I am not and have no interest in being 100% strict vegan. I think its the healthiest way to eat, and I have a lot of respect for vegans that are strict. I also however think that most things in moderation are perfectly okay. I mean like candy, deserts, and beer/alcohol. Obviously those things aren't healthy, even if they are vegan. But I'm not going to keep myself from ever enjoying them. I am just going to not eat them super often or in huge quantities.

Animal cruelty and the environment are two other topics completely, and important ones. I am just touching base on health specific issues.

-Dylan