Inversion machines, at chain gyms? General info?

Hey all I don't know if any of you have info on inversion tables/ machines. Or experience with them? I have used them in the past and really like how they stretch out my back.

Does anyone know if any of the chain gyms like ballys or 24hr has them? Im in NY so there isn't any room for me to have one in my apt...

You'd be pretty hard-pressed to find an inversion machine at a commercial gym. I've been to dozens over the years, never seen an inversion table at one of them no matter what gym it was. Most likely, the notion that someone could fail to strap in correctly and end up being dumped on their head when inverting is the probable culprit in why you don't see them anywhere. Any time there's a fair chance for human error that could lead to a lawsuit, it usually means that the piece of equipment in question will not be available. Much like how you no longer see the old neck machines in gyms, all it took were a few dimwits who ended up hurting themselves to ensure that something of use would vanish completely over time!