NBA Playoffs 2012

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that operation. I seem to think I heard about it briefly before, but had forgotten, or perhaps never knew, so it was pretty much news to me too!

I wonder if it is something to do with blood and how the body pumps it, etc. Maybe something to do with oxygen levels in blood like cyclists do.

Very interesting.

With a stomach full of Nuggets, Kobe and the Lakers are losing in Denver tonight.

Other games are total toss-ups, but Boston will likely close it out, is my guess.

Check out the biceps on Iggy!

I've long been a fan of the physiques of Lebron James and Dwight Howard, and of course the forum player David Robinson, and a handful of other really build NBA players.

I never watch the 76'ers play, but the few times I've seen a shot of Iggy in the All-star game or highlight reels, I've been a fan of his physique.

Check it out:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2012/images/05/10/sixers-526-051012.jpg

Iggy played like an all-star last night. Oh man and the Nuggets.... ha, its funny how all the talk is about how Kobe was ill, he put up 31 points, its not like he would have put up 49 if he was feeling better....that's how many he would have needed last night to win...

I can't wait for game 7. I hope the Nuggets can bring that same energy to LA! What's up Lakers fans? Are they going to pull out of this rut or is 2012 donezo for LA?

Big day in the NBA last night! 2 teams got sent home and Denver absolutely dominated, up 26 in the 4th and coasted for an easy win.

Artest is back for game 7, but I'm hoping that doesn't help LA but messes up their flow and Denver takes care of business.

Lawson was on, but McGee was quiet as a mouse after going for like 22 and 14 the game before. So even if Lawson is quiet, or Galanari gets shut down, I'm hoping McGee, Miller and some of the reserves step up in a big way! And the young kid with the dreads. He's great!

Nuggets!

Clippers and Grizz is an interested match up. Tons of talent on both teams! Spurs and OKC are just taking a nap, pretty much off season for them to recover and rest up, hang out with their families, go on vacation, as they wait for the other teams to catch up

Ha, love the Kobe eating ass pic. I watched the Heat vs Indiana game 1 today. Good game. Pacers actually had the lead for most of the game. Bosh got hurt but I don't think it was too serious. Indiana has some young and fast talented players. Their free throw shooting was horrible and that really hurt them. Really though Dwade and Lebron and learning how to close out games. Even games that they don't play their best. Some of the officiating really sucks. I still think it ruins the game that players like Lebron get to the foul line when no one touches them, and also how they can get away with traveling and offensive fouls more than other players. That being said the Pacers played very tough for playing away vs the best team in the league and after watching today I don't think that Heat are as much as a shoe-in for the title this year as most seem to think.

I can't wait for LA vs OKC!

29 point OKC blowout and I'm not talking about OK Cupid.... I am predicting 5 games for this one. I think the Lakes will win one of their home games.

Tight one in Boston as Iggy takes them down by 1 point.

The NBA playoffs are so good right now I am not paying attention to how the Rangers are kicking ass (the won the first game of their conference finals last night 3-0). I'm also not paying attention to how badly my Portland Timbers are playing....They play tonight vs Houston. They have the talent in the line-up maybe they just needed the first 3rd of the season to warm up and learn to play together with all their new players.

The NBA Playoffs are insanely good this year! Even with some first round 4-0 sweeps, the match-ups the amazing number of 1-point games (probably a record already), and the little markets and little teams making statement is so fun to watch!

OKC in 4. They're just too good. Even Denver, with no stars, beat LA in LA.

Lakers won one in overtime from OKC and in that game they were down something like 24 at one point, it was just a fluke comeback by Kobe combined with a rare and strange collapse by OKC. This time, it is a clean sweep. No doubt about it.

Kobe even said himself, when asked, "can you guard them?" replying honestly, "no."

Thunder in 4.

I'm calling out an OKC sweep over LA right now!

Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA!

Thought it would have been funny if both LA teams got bumped out by smaller market teams. So close! So close!

That's awesome! You sound like a Celtics fan. Speaking of which, good to see them & the 76ers against each other in the playoffs again. Both teams have been not so good for so long. Go Celtics!

It is nice to see this rivalry back up and battling it out right now!

Big match-up tonight with Boston and Philly and of course the one I'm interested in, the Thunder vs. Lakers.

I predict Thunder win by 22.

Wow the playoffs are turning out much better than I anticipated. The Pacers took a game away from the Heat in Miami! That OKC vs Lakers game was a nail biter. I am really excited about watching the Pacers make a serious play at knocking out the Miami all-stars. I didn't think it was possible before last night.

Yeah, this is the best playoffs in a while and they have been good the past couple of years. Really enjoying!

OKC came from behind and did what LA did to the great teams Portland, Sacramento and Phoenix had. A last second comeback from LA booted the Blazers and kept them out of the finals, took the C-Webb all-star Kings from the #1 seed to packing home with no title hope, and did the same thing to the Suns 2 years ago. Of course Robert Horry was a big part of that, Derek Fisher and no doubt Kobe orchestrated it all. LA, of course, did this to many other teams too, bounced them out at the last minute, in a way, including Denver from last series who was up in the 4th briefly, and a win would have sent the Lakers home. And of course that 2nd half comeback in the finals against the Celtics a few years ago, giving Kobe his 5th championship, while denying the 4-leafed clover in Boston from snagging another one.

Nice to see LA on the receiving end. I do not believe they will be able to bounce back from this deficit and I remain strong with my prediction that this will be a series sweep.

On the east coast, I have to admit, I believe Miami is done. They "might" beat the Pacers, but without Bosh, sorry, they're done. That's how those all-star team works. If one goes down, they don't have the full "team depth" to make up for it. Just the risk you take. If you're healthy, good chance you'll be in the finals, if you get hurt, goodbye. Happened to the Spurs last year, though now San Antonio has way more deptth (and youth).

Great playoffs!

Oh don't talk about the Kings massacre, that was a ref decision cheat that will go down in NBA shame history.

I definitely don't think the Heat are done. I think they do have depth. I don't want them to win but I still think their chances are good. Chalmers is really good, Tariaf is solid, Mike Miller can "Heat up" they have a lot of weapons, and I don't think you can count out a team that has 2 of the leagues top 5 best players in their line up... The Pacers are playing awesome team ball though, love it.

I watched that Laker game last night. Crazy one. Good ol Steve "the let down" Blake. Let down the Blazers numerous times and missed a wide open 3 last night that would have one the game for the Lakers.

The Kings were my favorite team for years back in the day. I loved Bobby Jackson, C-Webb, Vlade, and Stojavoic and the others. Great team they had running up that 60-win season and years of success.

When I say the Heat are done I'm referring to, no chance vs. Spurs, little chance vs. Thunder, and I'm not even convinced they can beat the Celtics.

Time will reveal how it all plays out.

You called out league's top 5 players, so who are they?

Give me your top 5, or better yet top 10 and I'll give you my $.02 on your picks

Oh yeah Pacers! Taking the Heat down with ease by 19 and now lead 2-1.

Top 20 NBA players of 2012

1.LBJ

2.Kobe

3.D.Rose

4.Kevin Durant

5.D.Wade

6.CP3

7.Dwight Howard

8.Melo

9.Tony Parker

10. Hibbert

11. Iguodala

12.Dirk Nowitzki

13. Blake Griffin

14. Kevin Love

15. Westbrook

16. Granger

17.Pierce

18. Deng

19.Rudy Gay

20. Rondo

Honorable mention: Josh Smith, Deron Williams, Jeremy Lin, LaMarcus Alderidge, Joe Johnson, Bosh, Marc Gasol, Monte Ellis, John Wall, Andrew Bynum.

FYI this is definitely not personal favorites order. Its best all around player order.

Well, they couldn't put off a sweep. You are dealing with one of the best players of all time, 2 7 footers and hippie with anger management issues that can shoot the j. It won't be a breeze in the park but OKC will win in. Hopefully in 5 and not 7.

Yeah, a very close one, down to the wire like the previous game, just a different outcome.

Indeed OKC is up against 2 7-footers, but don' forget, they are also all-star 7-footers. I don't think it matters thought. OKC just needs to get back into their rythym.

They won 2 of 3 during the regular season against LA and it would have been 3 or 3 but that was the game A-hole elbowed Harden and gave him a concussion and LA won in OT after being down 20+.

OKC will rise up and send LA packing and then LA will make some major personnel changes. After getting swept by Dallas, barely getting by Denver and losing to OKC in 5 or 6, they'll change things up dramatically.

I'd love to see LA not make the playoffs next year

I predict a blow-out tonight.

LA is done and I think they know it. Down 3-1, I think they'll roll over tonight. They'll still play pretty hard, but they just don't really believe they can win the series, so why prolong it?

Thunder will be at home, full of enthusiasm and will jump out to a big lead and never look back.

No sweep, but close enough. 4-1 is pretty dominant.

Go Thunder! Excited to see how this plays out tonight.

Dude, I was only one game off when I predicted a sweep.

So we're both right on par. OKC is really good.

Also, not sure if you've thought about this, but the distance between where I live to San Antonio is about the same as Corvallis to Portland. I'm just a little over an hour away. I'm almost thinking of driving over there on a game night just to feel the buzz around the area, but not sure I will.

I was living in LA during the finals when they were in it a couple of years ago.

Check it out. I had a dream last night that might be a solution for the Lakers (my least favorite team in pro sports).

Ready for this?

Trade Bynum and Gasol for Dwight Howard.

Trade Artest + cash/draft picks or role players for Deron Williams

Acquire Steve Nash for cheap to play back-up to Williams, while adding leadership.

Surround the rest of the team with young guys, trading guys like Blake and Barnes for young, athletic talent.

What you're left with:

Kobe Bryant

Dwight Howard

Deron Williams

Steve Nash

and a bunch of young athletic guys.

Kobe can shoot all day long knowing Howard will get rebounds and can actually score while in the post. Williams be be the first real talented point guard the Lakers have had in a very long time, and Nash can provide that up tempo pace to roll with the young guys in the 2nd unit.

That's what I came up with last night

Nash is one of my favorite players. Even if he ends up on the Lakers, I'll still cheer against them. It's far more likely he'll end up in Dallas though (although those guys added older players like Vince Carter and got ousted by a younger, more athletic team in the Thunder).