Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 pm 
Elephant

Had a tummy issue today and it wasn't from gluten.... Almonds!!! Of all the things to have a sensitivity to it would be almonds!!!! BLAHHHHHHHH! Wolfed down crackers trying to get my tummy to calm down and realized I couldn't have my pecans cause I ate my calories in crackers!!! I am so exhausted today and work was just flat out annoying. Ready for my rest day so I can love on my niece and nephews. Thinking my lowest cal day is placed perfectly because Sundays are my intended rest day where the most I will do is laundry.

Cardio: 50 min yoga, 35 min 3.0 walk, 45 min fat burner lvl 4 step mill

Legs
TKE squats: 2 sets 30 reps supersetted no rest between legs
Box squats: 1 set 65 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 85 lbs 20 reps
Superset
Walking lunges: 1 set 20 lbs bar down room and back, 2 sets 15 lbs DBs down room and back
Sumo squats with kettlebell: 3 sets 35 lbs 30 reps
Superset
Single leg deadlift: 1 set 25 lb kettlebell 15 reps each leg, 2 sets 35 lbs kettlebell 15 reps each leg
Step up: 3 sets 15 reps each leg
Calf raises: 3 sets 10 reps pigeon toed, 3 sets 10 reps toes forward, 3 sets 10 reps toes pointed out

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:43 am 
Elephant

Raw organic almonds? or roasted conventional almonds?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:04 am 
Elephant

Raw organic almonds..... It is the exact same feeling I get with to much gluten or when I eat avocados

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:35 am 
Elephant

176.8 :) going down yay!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:28 am 
Elephant

its gonna melt off!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 am 
Elephant

I am happy it is melting off! Bought some mag citrate to help with a poo baby cause I still haven't had a good one. Supposed to drink the entire bottle but hoping I don't have to. So went to the store to get a papaya for my afternoon snack... HOLY COW those things are huge!!!! Have only eatten them in tropical fruit cocktail never on their own. Super excited to try it out hehehe. It is such a beautiful morning I am enjoying an iced coffee w/a lil soy no syrup on the patio at Starbucks getting some sun. Really achy not really sore today after a nice hard legs day and ready for tomorrow's back session!! Plus it helps that tomorrow I am going out to dinner and a movie with the guy I am seeing. He is willing to try a total vegan restaurant which means I will finally get to try the cashew ice cream!!!! However I will only be able to have half a sandwich and a big salad so that I don't throw my diet off to bad :)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 pm 
Elephant

35 min walk with my dog this morning, 45 min recumb bike, and 50 min boot camp (low intensity). My legs are sore well mostly my hamstrings. There were a couple times I thought I might cry cause they are sore. Hopefully yoga will do a lot of good for my legs tomorrow since it is gentle yoga

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:33 am 
Elephant

3.2 lbs gone! Yay!

I am such a believer of icing nowadays. Ice those hammies before you go to bed tonight! Crushed ice in a big ziplock, placed on the couch, and sit on them till it all melts!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:38 am 
Elephant

love that intense pain and what it signifies! nice job.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:34 am 
Elephant

The scale wasn't very nice to me today. 177.6 but I think I might have overtrained a bit and still haven't had a good bm...... going to be stuck in a basement all day long at work with a cranky old lady who will drive me nuts and I have no escape, no fridge, no way of cooking, nothing!! Why does she torture me like this???? I don't like warm salad :( which will be about all I get for lunch!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 am 
Elephant

do u get access to a computer while there?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:17 am 
Elephant

Nope... I just know that when I get annoyed will run to toy room and do jumping jacks. Stress at work is getting to me also

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:07 pm 
Elephant

I will have to remember that. I like the idea of running to the toy room and doing jumping jacks! to relieve my stress. Very creative of you.

And don't worry about the scale. You are probably just retaining water (as it won't even let you flush out your colon fully). Today mine said 150 again. And I have not had a BM since yesterday morning. . . sometimes it does that when I have too many protein shakes (quick fix for protein instead of making a meal).

I am also inputting my food into MY PLATE on LiveStrong.com now. I need to start getting serious and learn what foods are doing what to my body now - I can see it now on my body. I had a sweet potato after working out (I literally ran into the house and grabbed it out of the oven - it was cooled off from my time at the gym - before I passed out from hunger), and I took a quick peek in the mirror while doing the night time cardio at the gym - my muscles had swelled way up - it looked good! All that sugar from the sweet potato and the glycogen depletion from the working out perhaps is why it did that. So cool. . . .

Also I can not cheat with popcorn anymore. I couldn't figure out why the peak opening of the springtime flocks flowers were making my eyes water and making me cough during my morning cardio jogs. It did it only for those two days in which I had 2 cups of popped popcorn (plain) at night. I knew I am corn sensitive, but this was the first time I noticed it so much!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:43 am 
Elephant

So luckily I wasn't trapped in the basement because she thought better of it and realized by staying upstairs she could watch them to make sure they were doing their job correctly hahaha. I was however limited on calories at work... Literally 1 carrot, 2c salad, 5 oz tofu and a protein shake....

Had my date last night :). He took me to FuD where I had a gluten free reuben, brownie and little dish of cashew ice cream. I was in heaven yesterday! Got to the movies I had brought a little packet of dark chocolate covered savi seed and bottle of water. Trainer said it was ok but we were going to do measurements first thing Monday morning 6:30am.... the scale said 177.2 this morning :D

I did manage to do 45 min step mill fat burner program... 30 min lvl 5, 5 min lvl 6 and 10 min lvl 7 WOW I my legs were jello and this was before going to my trainer lol

Back/biceps
inverted pull ups: 2 sets 15 reps
stability ball crunch: 2 sets 50 reps, 3 sets 30 reps
band rows: 3 sets 20 reps
band lat pulldowns: 3 sets 20
rear delt row with band: 3 sets 20
dumbbell bicep curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps
ball transfer crunch: 3 sets 10 reps
Band bicep curl: 3 sets 15 reps
band oblique twist: 3 sets 15 reps each side
To end this I can't say for certain the weight on it but.....
sled pull: 8 sets across the room: 2 sets 100ish lbs, 2 sets 145ish lbs, 2 sets 200ish lbs, 2 sets 160ish lbs...... basically i could see 2 45 lbs and there was maybe 2 small plates I couldn't see. trainer added 45 lb dumbbell when I pulled it to fast across the room. then for giggles he had my workout partner's son (50ish lbs) sit on the sled to weight it down more. Not once did I give up or stop. I can say I rocked my workout last night! BTW I LOVED Battleship!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 am 
Elephant

Ok wanted to wear my favorite jeans cause they are still on the tight/fitting side... I think my thighs grew!!! They seriously didn't want to go over my thighs lol. Have I started reaching the thunder thighs that I have been wanting????? When I say thunder thighs I mean large muscular thighs not the typical fat thighs that jiggle and wave lol. Once I sat down and let them stretch a bit they are fine but still hugging them hehe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 99  Next