What are your opinions on the Sea Shepherds?

C.O.

I'm a huge fan - but I'm a biased New Zealander. I do find it weird that people chow down on tuna sandwiches but then are like "save the dolphins and whales and marine life that we prefer"... At least being vegan I don't have to have any guilt about any of that!

If your friend isn't afraid of tough, risky work; I'm sure it'd be really rewarding.

He's definitely not afraid of tough work, the risky part is what is unclear. Like how risky? Like are you risking your life out there? I read about how one of the sea shephard boats not made for the ice got stuck up in ice/glacier waters. Also read how its not ab-normal for them to be shot at with water cannons... crazy stuff. I think they sound like an amazing and important organization. I just hope they take their own safety of their crew into high consideration.

-Dylan

He's definitely not afraid of tough work, the risky part is what is unclear. Like how risky? Like are you risking your life out there? I read about how one of the sea shephard boats not made for the ice got stuck up in ice/glacier waters. Also read how its not ab-normal for them to be shot at with water cannons... crazy stuff. I think they sound like an amazing and important organization. I just hope they take their own safety of their crew into high consideration.

-Dylan

you need to be willing to sacrifice and risk everything to be on that ship. they want dedicated animal rights people, they have tens of thousands of people wanting to get on board.

What they do is very radical but within the law, however I have heard of someone serving 5 years in an a japanese jail who was on board a sea shepherd vessel (not too certain what it is they actually did wrong), I'm volunteering for them this summer but at a local festival raising awareness, I don't have sea legs

• 2 weeks later...