Synny's training journal

I am happy it is melting off! Bought some mag citrate to help with a poo baby cause I still haven't had a good one. Supposed to drink the entire bottle but hoping I don't have to. So went to the store to get a papaya for my afternoon snack... HOLY COW those things are huge!!!! Have only eatten them in tropical fruit cocktail never on their own. Super excited to try it out hehehe. It is such a beautiful morning I am enjoying an iced coffee w/a lil soy no syrup on the patio at Starbucks getting some sun. Really achy not really sore today after a nice hard legs day and ready for tomorrow's back session!! Plus it helps that tomorrow I am going out to dinner and a movie with the guy I am seeing. He is willing to try a total vegan restaurant which means I will finally get to try the cashew ice cream!!!! However I will only be able to have half a sandwich and a big salad so that I don't throw my diet off to bad

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 min walk with my dog this morning, 45 min recumb bike, and 50 min boot camp (low intensity). My legs are sore well mostly my hamstrings. There were a couple times I thought I might cry cause they are sore. Hopefully yoga will do a lot of good for my legs tomorrow since it is gentle yoga

3.2 lbs gone! Yay!

I am such a believer of icing nowadays. Ice those hammies before you go to bed tonight! Crushed ice in a big ziplock, placed on the couch, and sit on them till it all melts!

The scale wasn't very nice to me today. 177.6 but I think I might have overtrained a bit and still haven't had a good bm...... going to be stuck in a basement all day long at work with a cranky old lady who will drive me nuts and I have no escape, no fridge, no way of cooking, nothing!! Why does she torture me like this???? I don't like warm salad which will be about all I get for lunch!!

I will have to remember that. I like the idea of running to the toy room and doing jumping jacks! to relieve my stress. Very creative of you.

And don't worry about the scale. You are probably just retaining water (as it won't even let you flush out your colon fully). Today mine said 150 again. And I have not had a BM since yesterday morning. . . sometimes it does that when I have too many protein shakes (quick fix for protein instead of making a meal).

I am also inputting my food into MY PLATE on LiveStrong.com now. I need to start getting serious and learn what foods are doing what to my body now - I can see it now on my body. I had a sweet potato after working out (I literally ran into the house and grabbed it out of the oven - it was cooled off from my time at the gym - before I passed out from hunger), and I took a quick peek in the mirror while doing the night time cardio at the gym - my muscles had swelled way up - it looked good! All that sugar from the sweet potato and the glycogen depletion from the working out perhaps is why it did that. So cool. . . .

Also I can not cheat with popcorn anymore. I couldn't figure out why the peak opening of the springtime flocks flowers were making my eyes water and making me cough during my morning cardio jogs. It did it only for those two days in which I had 2 cups of popped popcorn (plain) at night. I knew I am corn sensitive, but this was the first time I noticed it so much!

So luckily I wasn't trapped in the basement because she thought better of it and realized by staying upstairs she could watch them to make sure they were doing their job correctly hahaha. I was however limited on calories at work... Literally 1 carrot, 2c salad, 5 oz tofu and a protein shake....

Had my date last night . He took me to FuD where I had a gluten free reuben, brownie and little dish of cashew ice cream. I was in heaven yesterday! Got to the movies I had brought a little packet of dark chocolate covered savi seed and bottle of water. Trainer said it was ok but we were going to do measurements first thing Monday morning 6:30am.... the scale said 177.2 this morning

I did manage to do 45 min step mill fat burner program... 30 min lvl 5, 5 min lvl 6 and 10 min lvl 7 WOW I my legs were jello and this was before going to my trainer lol

Back/biceps

inverted pull ups: 2 sets 15 reps

stability ball crunch: 2 sets 50 reps, 3 sets 30 reps

band rows: 3 sets 20 reps

band lat pulldowns: 3 sets 20

rear delt row with band: 3 sets 20

dumbbell bicep curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 15 reps

ball transfer crunch: 3 sets 10 reps

Band bicep curl: 3 sets 15 reps

band oblique twist: 3 sets 15 reps each side

To end this I can't say for certain the weight on it but.....

sled pull: 8 sets across the room: 2 sets 100ish lbs, 2 sets 145ish lbs, 2 sets 200ish lbs, 2 sets 160ish lbs...... basically i could see 2 45 lbs and there was maybe 2 small plates I couldn't see. trainer added 45 lb dumbbell when I pulled it to fast across the room. then for giggles he had my workout partner's son (50ish lbs) sit on the sled to weight it down more. Not once did I give up or stop. I can say I rocked my workout last night! BTW I LOVED Battleship!!!!

Ok wanted to wear my favorite jeans cause they are still on the tight/fitting side... I think my thighs grew!!! They seriously didn't want to go over my thighs lol. Have I started reaching the thunder thighs that I have been wanting????? When I say thunder thighs I mean large muscular thighs not the typical fat thighs that jiggle and wave lol. Once I sat down and let them stretch a bit they are fine but still hugging them hehe

Yesterday was a boring day for me. I did manage to do 60 min of step mill lvl 5 fat burner program. Today is my super low cal day which I need cause yesterday I was a lil on the high side cause of a BBQ sammy which is probably nothing but a gluten bloat hahaha. Have a long drive ahead of me today and ready to love on my family!!!

maybe im just weird. maybe being afraid of heights is part of it.i guess the same feeling on the elliptical, and being cautious gets in the way of really pushing, so its treadmill or nothing for me. the bike is ok every so often but id prefer to be pumping my arms and getting somewhat of a full body thing going.

Ok was stuck in the car most of the day driving to and from a graduation and I did really damn good! My mom and sister ate sonic for lunch I had a Vega one, 2 small carrots and a diet cherry limeade Stopped on the turnpike they got a brownie and pop tarts I bought a liter of water. I watched my calories closely due to lack of activity and I calculated 918 calories consumed. I drove down and Livestrong said I burned 642 calories driving??? Ok will take it and I did a lot of standing and walking around while we weren't driving and I would say about an hour of that at 318 calories for an hour. I tend to fidget a lot when I am forced to sit for long periods of time...

Ok the only thing fixed for the week is my oatmeal.... I did baggy up my lunch so that all I have to do is dump the contents into water and let it cook. Will be so much easier just warming breakfast up instead of waiting for the steel cut oats to cook. I am back on a budget diet again which I am not exactly happy about but nothing I can do about it. Thank goodness I love lentils and rice and onions hahaha

I am very proud of you for all the choices you made for that long driving trip (which tire me out so much more than cardio!) and graduation (the one I went to had 4 different kinds of cookies on tables when you walked out of the auditorium afterwards! and about 6 tables! I walked outside and enjoyed the botanical gardens-style landscaping instead) - not so for your Mom and sister! Sonic and a brownie? Really? and I am shuddering at the mere mention of said poptarts (IMO - sugared cardboard!).

I was offered tator tots but said no and sipped on my diet cherry limeade which was ultimately a treat that I didn't need but kept me in line so I didn't attack said tator tots lol. As they at the sugary junk I munched on my dinner which was a Vega Whole Food Vibrancy Bar and drank the liter of water and didn't have an issue the whole trip back home. I realized I didn't eat all of my raw pumpkin seeds so yeah can probably take off some calories but not to worried about it. Hope tomorrow's weight in with the trainer shows good. Also gonna do my measurements for me so will have proper numbers to pass along

That was for 4 hrs of driving for the 642 calories. NO change in weight or measurements but trainer thinks it could be from water retention so said he will weight me again tonight and see how it compares with last evening weight... jumping jacks in the kids toy room and air bike here i come!!!! Will document everything I eat today for him. I realized that the only processed items in my diet today are my protein shakes and peanut butter

Cardio: 45 min step mill (34 min lvl 6, 11 min lvl 5) fat burner program, 30 min air bike at work with moving handle bars

Chest, triceps, shoulders

superset

stability ball dumbbell press: 1 sets 15 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

Pushups: 3 sets 20 reps

giant set

band flyes: 3 sets 20 reps

lat side raise: 1 set 10 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 10 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 8 lbs 20 reps

stability ball crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

giant set

Arnold press: 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps

tricep pressdown with bands: 3 sets 20 reps

leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

giant set: bench dips: 3 sets 20 reps

kickbacks: 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps

oblique side crunch: 3 sets 45 lb kettlebell 15 reps each side

Did pretty darn good today. I did eat some crackers with my lunch cause it turned more into a soup than anything. My trainer really pushed me today. I didn't drink as much water as normal but didn't fill my gallon jug used a liter bottle instead. Much easier to carry around than the jug lol. I did have 4+ liters today so I can't be to mad at myself

Wow on the cardio! Level 6 and 5 on the StepMill! I can't get past level 3 on that thing! And the fat burner program! I tried doing that once - do you have to hang onto the handles and have it keep track of your heart rate and make sure you keep it in that range? I couldn't keep my heart rate up in the range - plus holding onto the handles is so awkward for me as my arms are short and I have to lean forward - works the quads alot more IMO (to me StepMill equals glutes, not quads).