bananas

I try to eat as few bananas as possible. Even if they're organic, the way they are grown, and the horrendous exploitation of the land and workers on banana plantations are worse than many, many other crops. Banana plantation workers often exist in slave-like conditions or worse. Add to that the fact that the bananas have to be transported over hundreds and often thousands of miles using destructive fuels makes them super unappealing to me. Not sustainable in the least. Not worth it to me.

• 3 months later...

Having done a lot more research I have to say I'm going back to bananas.

In my part of USA there are a lot of fresh local fruits available now and for quite a few more months and I've just added bananas to the list.

Looks like I will be starting up the raw fruitarian diet again. Very excited about it!!

One thing that I love about fruit is the "mood enhancing" that was mentioned. That has to be what explains just that when I eat fresh fruits and drink fresh fruit juices. It is a very "light" feeling and everything is "bright" and fatigue and depression are nonexistent. Some people may think I'm bananas (sorry I had to) when I say that but I'm very sensitive to what I put in my mouth so it should make sense to those who are the same.