Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: Synny's training journal
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:10 pm 
Elephant

They were probably still pumped up from last night's workout! Sled pulling? That sounds interesting. Love it when kids get into the workout!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:17 pm 
Elephant

I have to say sled pulling was fun!

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:12 am 
Elephant

Yesterday was a boring day for me. I did manage to do 60 min of step mill lvl 5 fat burner program. Today is my super low cal day which I need cause yesterday I was a lil on the high side cause of a BBQ sammy which is probably nothing but a gluten bloat hahaha. Have a long drive ahead of me today and ready to love on my family!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:16 am 
Elephant

60 minutes on that thing i would go nuts! nice job!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:20 am 
Elephant

I Am going to have to do something different to change things up.....

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 am 
Elephant

maybe im just weird. maybe being afraid of heights is part of it.i guess the same feeling on the elliptical, and being cautious gets in the way of really pushing, so its treadmill or nothing for me. the bike is ok every so often but id prefer to be pumping my arms and getting somewhat of a full body thing going.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:16 am 
Elephant

I like the step mill. The elliptical and bike make my feet numb and the treadmill rubs blisters on my feet and ankles

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:28 pm 
Elephant

Ok was stuck in the car most of the day driving to and from a graduation and I did really damn good! My mom and sister ate sonic for lunch I had a Vega one, 2 small carrots and a diet cherry limeade :) Stopped on the turnpike they got a brownie and pop tarts I bought a liter of water. I watched my calories closely due to lack of activity and I calculated 918 calories consumed. I drove down and Livestrong said I burned 642 calories driving??? Ok will take it and I did a lot of standing and walking around while we weren't driving and I would say about an hour of that at 318 calories for an hour. I tend to fidget a lot when I am forced to sit for long periods of time...

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:31 pm 
Elephant

Ok the only thing fixed for the week is my oatmeal.... I did baggy up my lunch so that all I have to do is dump the contents into water and let it cook. Will be so much easier just warming breakfast up instead of waiting for the steel cut oats to cook. I am back on a budget diet again which I am not exactly happy about but nothing I can do about it. Thank goodness I love lentils and rice and onions hahaha

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:08 pm 
Elephant

I am very proud of you for all the choices you made for that long driving trip (which tire me out so much more than cardio!) and graduation (the one I went to had 4 different kinds of cookies on tables when you walked out of the auditorium afterwards! and about 6 tables! I walked outside and enjoyed the botanical gardens-style landscaping instead) - not so for your Mom and sister! Sonic and a brownie? Really? and I am shuddering at the mere mention of said poptarts (IMO - sugared cardboard!).

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:18 pm 
Elephant

I was offered tator tots but said no and sipped on my diet cherry limeade which was ultimately a treat that I didn't need but kept me in line so I didn't attack said tator tots lol. As they at the sugary junk I munched on my dinner which was a Vega Whole Food Vibrancy Bar and drank the liter of water and didn't have an issue the whole trip back home. I realized I didn't eat all of my raw pumpkin seeds so yeah can probably take off some calories but not to worried about it. Hope tomorrow's weight in with the trainer shows good. Also gonna do my measurements for me so will have proper numbers to pass along

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:43 am 
Elephant

i dont buy the driving calories!!! but nicely done on the choices! car rides drive me crazy...good thing there are less vegan choices mostly anywhere u go!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:00 am 
Elephant

That was for 4 hrs of driving for the 642 calories. NO change in weight or measurements but trainer thinks it could be from water retention so said he will weight me again tonight and see how it compares with last evening weight... jumping jacks in the kids toy room and air bike here i come!!!! Will document everything I eat today for him. I realized that the only processed items in my diet today are my protein shakes and peanut butter :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:05 pm 
Elephant

Cardio: 45 min step mill (34 min lvl 6, 11 min lvl 5) fat burner program, 30 min air bike at work with moving handle bars

Chest, triceps, shoulders
superset
stability ball dumbbell press: 1 sets 15 lbs 20 reps, 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps
Pushups: 3 sets 20 reps
giant set
band flyes: 3 sets 20 reps
lat side raise: 1 set 10 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 10 lbs 15 reps, 1 set 8 lbs 20 reps
stability ball crunch: 3 sets 20 reps
giant set
Arnold press: 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps
tricep pressdown with bands: 3 sets 20 reps
leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps
giant set: bench dips: 3 sets 20 reps
kickbacks: 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps
oblique side crunch: 3 sets 45 lb kettlebell 15 reps each side

Did pretty darn good today. I did eat some crackers with my lunch cause it turned more into a soup than anything. My trainer really pushed me today. I didn't drink as much water as normal but didn't fill my gallon jug used a liter bottle instead. Much easier to carry around than the jug lol. I did have 4+ liters today so I can't be to mad at myself

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:36 pm 
Elephant

Wow on the cardio! Level 6 and 5 on the StepMill! I can't get past level 3 on that thing! And the fat burner program! I tried doing that once - do you have to hang onto the handles and have it keep track of your heart rate and make sure you keep it in that range? I couldn't keep my heart rate up in the range - plus holding onto the handles is so awkward for me as my arms are short and I have to lean forward - works the quads alot more IMO (to me StepMill equals glutes, not quads).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 99  Next