21 Best Muscle Building Foods for Vegetarians Livestrong.com

Came across a slideshow on Livestrong.com:

The 21 Best Muscle Building Foods For Vegetarians

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/556369-the-21-best-muscle-building-foods-for-vegetarians/

It says "for vegetarians" but everything on the list is actually vegan. Pretty cool exposure for vegan weightlifting in any case! The author is a 20 year vegan in socal, anyone know this guy (maybe he posts here?!)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice I've written articles freelance for Livestrong.com and I hadn't even seen this yet. Thanks for posting. I love articles like this, its talking about foods we all know are good and that we should eat more of but its a good reminder. I know for myself I sometimes get stuck in a routine of eating the same things over and over. Variety is best to make sure we get all the good nutrients included into our diets.

-Dylan

• 3 weeks later...
..for example what is quinoa? I never seen quinoa in Italy

I'd never heard of kale, quinoa, amaranth, hemp, nutritional yeast or many other things before going vegan. I was suprised that I could find most of these things in the local grocery store. Guess I'd just never looked for them before.

Quinoa is awsome with black beans and corn http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quinoa-and-black-beans/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=black%20beans%20quinoa&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page)

I'm not sure where you can get it in Italy tho ... maybe try a search on the web or just ask around.

Maybe you can order quinoa online some where and have it mailed to you in Italy? It comes dry in box or bag form most commonly. Its a great source of nutrients, even has some protein. Its a delicious alternative to rice. Its like a grain but its not its a seed.

Get some!

-Dylan