Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA Playoffs 2012
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, a very close one, down to the wire like the previous game, just a different outcome.

Indeed OKC is up against 2 7-footers, but don' forget, they are also all-star 7-footers. I don't think it matters thought. OKC just needs to get back into their rythym.

They won 2 of 3 during the regular season against LA and it would have been 3 or 3 but that was the game A-hole elbowed Harden and gave him a concussion and LA won in OT after being down 20+.

OKC will rise up and send LA packing and then LA will make some major personnel changes. After getting swept by Dallas, barely getting by Denver and losing to OKC in 5 or 6, they'll change things up dramatically.

I'd love to see LA not make the playoffs next year :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:32 am 
Site Admin

Heck, yeah, Thunder!

Nice comeback! This series is all but over.

Bring on Spurs vs. Thunder which will be epic, hopefully going to 7 games (unless Spurs just sweep them) :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

I predict a blow-out tonight.

LA is done and I think they know it. Down 3-1, I think they'll roll over tonight. They'll still play pretty hard, but they just don't really believe they can win the series, so why prolong it?

Thunder will be at home, full of enthusiasm and will jump out to a big lead and never look back.

No sweep, but close enough. 4-1 is pretty dominant.

Go Thunder! Excited to see how this plays out tonight.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:38 pm 
VBB Moderator

Who predicted it would go 5 games?? Oh yeah, this guy. Not sure what's going on in the east, the Heat are very streaky right now. Spurs vs OKC should be grand.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

Dude, I was only one game off when I predicted a sweep.

So we're both right on par. OKC is really good.

Also, not sure if you've thought about this, but the distance between where I live to San Antonio is about the same as Corvallis to Portland. I'm just a little over an hour away. I'm almost thinking of driving over there on a game night just to feel the buzz around the area, but not sure I will.

I was living in LA during the finals when they were in it a couple of years ago.

Check it out. I had a dream last night that might be a solution for the Lakers (my least favorite team in pro sports).

Ready for this?

Trade Bynum and Gasol for Dwight Howard.

Trade Artest + cash/draft picks or role players for Deron Williams

Acquire Steve Nash for cheap to play back-up to Williams, while adding leadership.

Surround the rest of the team with young guys, trading guys like Blake and Barnes for young, athletic talent.

What you're left with:

Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard
Deron Williams
Steve Nash
and a bunch of young athletic guys.

Kobe can shoot all day long knowing Howard will get rebounds and can actually score while in the post. Williams be be the first real talented point guard the Lakers have had in a very long time, and Nash can provide that up tempo pace to roll with the young guys in the 2nd unit.

That's what I came up with last night :)

Nash is one of my favorite players. Even if he ends up on the Lakers, I'll still cheer against them. It's far more likely he'll end up in Dallas though (although those guys added older players like Vince Carter and got ousted by a younger, more athletic team in the Thunder).

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 pm 
VBB Moderator

Nice, I had a dream about a 3 way with 2 super hot ladies....
In other news, I am watching game 5 of heat vs pacers and it feels fixed. Like I'm watching WWE.... They are not using Hibbert at all....WTH wouldn't they use him, when they do its an easy bucket every time the heat can't guard him but they are giving him the ball like once every 15 times or less. Poor coaching or rigged NBA? Now I am starting to think that Granger didn't even hurt his ankle.... Now it looks like the Harlem Globe Trotters are playing the Generals....the Pacers are moving out of the way to let lebron and wade score or they wait to do an obvious foul and then wade spins around and throws it up to try and get a dramatic looking and 1 play....

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

It feels like that sometimes.

I just think the Heat are a lot better, though not nearly good enough to beat OKC or the Spurs, and as I said earlier, likely not good enough to beat the Celtics either.

What do you think about that Lakers team I assembled?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:52 pm 
VBB Moderator

I think its a little dreamy...haha not like "oh he's so dreamy" but like unrealistic. Plus I dislike the Lakers I would hate for them to reform as a super power so quickly. I also like deron and steve and hope they land on good non-laker teams. Steve should go play for the Nets and they should pick up a few other stars with their limitless salary cap.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, believe me, I don't want the Lakers to get more powerful or get better anytime soon. I was just thinking about moves they could make before the analysts starting talking about it. I wanted to get a headstart :)

Interesting Philly win the other day.

Excited for the Spurs vs. OKC match up.

I think the Heat will close it out today. You think we'll see a game 7?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Spurs vs. OKC is going to be an epic series!

Another game tonight.

Clearly the best 2 teams in the NBA. The "real" finals is happening in the West :)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
VBB Moderator

Dang, frustrating game 1 to watch. I turned off half way through the 4th, and didn't miss much. They had such a strong 2nd quarter too.

Spurs....I don't know Spurs may actually be better cut out to beat the Heat than OKC or Boston. Ginobili played his best game all year in game one vs OKC. Its all about who can adapt. They shut down Park and Ginobili stepped up.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think any team out east has a chance at winning more than 2 games vs either west team.

My $0.02

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Miami showed why they are really for real last night in OT. Wow! Nice comeback and finish.

OKC has a moment of truth tonight.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

I predicted the home team would win every game in the Western Conference Finals.

So far I am 3 for 3 :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:43 pm 
VBB Moderator

So OKC is only good at home? See last nights blow out after being down 0-2 in the series? Damn, they walked all over the Spurs. Im interested to see if the Spurs can re-adjust for game 4. Are you still an OKC believer or do you think Spurs are unbeatable at home?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next