Gaia's Cut

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off of Lipo6 today (bottle done, cycle done). Went to GNC and asked the clerk for a thermo that has a veggie capsule/caplet. Gave me the GNC brand's Meta-Ignite, part of their GENETIXHD Physique program. Looked it over. Do not like the artificial colors in it, but will put up with it for a month cycle. It has pepper (Black, Capsimax), caffeine from anhydrous, Guarana, and Black tea, white willow bark and my resveratrol, carnitine, and some questionable source of the amino acids taurine, tyrosine, cysteine, and the sugar glucuronolactone.

Day off, but am still trying the stuff out (1 pill only for the morning, and possibly one in the afternoon). Going to go for a walk instead of jogging this morning. My body needs to be babied today (massage isn't planned till Friday though) as it has some minor aches and pains that I have been nursing thru my workouts (left shoulder, left inner kneecap, and my feet).

Was going to go and get a belly button piercing, but decided not to do it till after the show. I had one in the last time I got my tummy so flat, but I was also taking Aikido at the time, and had to take it out for a belt test, and it sealed up on me that night! and I had it for 4 months already! So I will get it as a prize for after the show this time, as I will have to take it out for the show - at least for prejudging.

Pink seems a more appropriate advertising color for a Hers, even though it was in a 'Black' advertising color.

I noticed that dosing and frequency seems to be associated with the amount of caffeine in the capsules. Like if it has around 200 mgs, then it is a frequent dose (2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon), while higher is a one or two a day dosage. Maybe they changed the anhydrous caffeine amount?

Went for a walk with the Meta-Ignite. Took a casual 1 and 1/2 hour walk, and no sign of hunger for meal #1. Does not have the 'high' like I usually get from taking the Lipo6 - could be a good thing, or it could be no endorphins while walking but when I up it to jogging . . maybe - will see tomorrow. Creeps me out that they are a silvery bluish color caplet though. Who came up with this color from the artificial colors? what does that color signify? now the bright orange red color on the ibprofen is definitely a warning color (even in nature that is what that color means) and I pause before putting it into my body. I think pink would be a nice color to ingest - as a female.

Did an hour long Elliptical night time cardio yesterday, and was able to do 2 5K loops and 1K in those 60 minutes. The thermo was making me fly thru the cardio. I was very sore by the time I got home though.

This morning was the usual. Thermo and ProStack in the morning, and off for an hour long cardio jog outside. Did some chores around the house, so some more exercise there. Then off to the gym for a forced Arms workout - was so fatigued, even with the thermo/ProStack in me. I was able to do all my heavy weights though, so I am maintaining my muscle mass (that is my way of thinking), but it took a grueling 1 and 3/4 hour long session.

Came home and ate the sweet potato (and a protein shake with water) and felt a little better. Took my last thermo/ProSck and headed out the door for nighttime cardio (30 minutes on Elliptical, rested 5-10 minutes, and then another 30 minutes on the StepMill (level 1 only as I was getting physically sick)).

MyPlate said that I took in around 1300 calories, but that I burned 1600 calories, so a deficit of 300 calories. I could've made it 300 less if I did not take those powerballs that I made a couple of days ago (1/2 dates, 1/2 coconut oil, zest and juice of lemon) as a pre-workout/pre-cardio supplement to start me going - trying to get off the pre-workout powder from Vega, and use real food.

Was looking at Paulina Nordin's FighterDiet.com website. Started to read about re-feeds. I always thought cheat meals were to boost your metabolism back up, so you don't go into starvation mode. These re-feeds are more sophisticated, in that they are purposely carbs only (like pasta and bread), and that increases your calories to 3000 calories for the day! Side effects are the bloat and carb coma, but 2 days later you are down in bodyfat. But you have to do an amazing workout the next day, with alittle bit more cardio, and you have to be back on your diet (very strict) - which I guess is really hard to do because your body now wants to eat regularly and it can drive you crazy (which is why re-feeds are not popular). You also have to be in starvation mode, and be so depleted that you actually look flat. Interesting. . . . More complicated eating for a BBer. Sigh. .

Also she is so small! Only 5'2"! and weighs around 115! Here is a photo on one of her Blog's for the Flex photoshoot, where she looks so big and beautiful - she wanted to stress that photos are what they want you to see, not what you really are (blog was about perfection for you, and not the perfection you see outside of yourself - very philosophical)

http://i47.tinypic.com/5mjpu.jpg

I don't know why but I am addicted to my plate! Although it doesn't know my vegan yummies that I get around the KC area soooooo I don't get to document those I did manage (I think) to get super firm sprouted tofu from Nasoya on their site. Was going to make an account to check out fighterdiet close but paying $25/month to check it out is a bit much so will pass

So it was your Nasoya sprouted tofu I put into the MyPlate today! I had the sprouted tofu salad for lunch today.

I just lurk around the fighterdiet website, and see what I can pick up for free of course. Thinking about maybe getting an ebook from her on getting ripped (26$ I think). I already emailed her to see if her food pyramid is vegan/vegetarian friendly, and she replied that there are vegetarian options (which makes me think that it is eggs and cheese). Still, going to look around other websites to check on the re-feed techniques. Some guy said that you can't use fruit to re-feed because fructose won't stimulate the leptins, which are the biochemicals the body utilizes for the hardcore famine dieting that BBers do to get ripped. Has to be bread or pasta. I really don't want to put gluten into my body though. I wonder if pancakes would cut it! Yum!!!! Gluten-free ones of course.

Up early for a Saturday, and was able to do the morning cardio - this time I took the route that takes the trail to the hill that goes up to the High School, and I did not stop on that hill! At one point the hill is a good 45 degree angle up!

Did Chest at the gym, and it felt weird to be in the gym as the air conditioning was on and making it super cool in there. It was a hot 80 degrees out today (this morning's cardio was a warm 70 by the time I got back home). Did the heavy weight set (maintaining my muscle mass), and then 4 sets of 25 reps of a light weight (sometimes lighter than my warmup weight to begin with) just to thrash the pecs. Tried to do dumbbell flyes, but my bicep hurt too much from yesterday's workout, so I went back to the Machine Flyes and the pain was minimal. Left delt is still acting up. Going to have to ice it again. Luckilyl it is Leg day tomorrow, and then a Rest day on Monday (delts are not till Tuesday). I wonder if all cardio on the Elliptical is fatiguing the delts out, so that they are already stressed when I use them as secondary stabilizers for the other body parts that I am working out on?

Today's new thing is a metallic taste in my mouth. That is not as annoying as the ammonia smelling sweat (which hasn't returned since I have upped my water intake). I do not know if it is from the new thermos, or if I am in a keto state now? Though I don't see how I could be, as I had a pie chart of 40%carbs, 40%protein, and 20%fat today - and only 977 calories (100g carbs, 100g protein, 22g fat) eaten and 1475 calories burned (little more deficit than yesterday's: around 500 calories! Yay! I had better be in the 140's tomorrow - it was 149.2 this morning). I shall have the thermos tomorrow, but not on my day off - and then I will see if it is them that is causing this taste in my mouth.

Today was the third day of below the maintenance caloric intake - and I still weighed in at 150 this morning! My losing fat seems to have come to a complete halt this whole week! So. . . for tomorrow, I have decided to try a re-feed on my own. I did some calculations as to how many grams of carbs I should take in for this: little over 500 grams of carbs (5 times the amount I have been taking in these past 3 days!), 135 grams of protein, and minimal amount of fat (no EB buttery spread for me). Just need to up my protein alittle bit more (100 to 135 - an extra shake I guess), and go on a carb only binge.

I have lined up a loaf of bread (gluten bloat for a day here I come!) and pasta with fat-free tomato pasta sauce and some vegan sausages (my minimal fat will be from there I guess). I will also include veggies as usual to keep my bloat barge pushing thru all the intestines to the colon! LOL.

It will also be a Rest day for me (suppose to have thunderstorms anyways, and I am very sick of going to the gym - there was nobody there this weekend, and it was awfully boring working out thru a fatigue cloud with nobody to inspire me to push through it - not even any of my Eye Candy showed up to inspire me. Sigh).

The next day, it is back on the diet, an increase in energy (and an increase in water weight) which translates into a good cardio as well as a good Delt workout.

I hope this works out for me.

Don't do it if it is really good eye candy!

The fantasy that you make up in your mind is so much better than the real thing most of the time! I've had to tell a guy to not talk to me because I did not want the fantasy to end! But he did, and yep, I was disappointed after that!

Now if the eye candy is so-so, and if he doesn't come to the gym very often, then the awkward contact after the not so good date, would be few and far between, and better for your workouts! But if your friends know this eye candy, and think you would like each other's company, then a night of staring at him wouldn't be so bad. . . Mmmmmm - just try not to eat him alive, as we are vegans.......LOL

I am half-way thru my All Natural San Francisco Sourdough bread loaf. I keep passing out! I eat maybe a quarter of it, feel so full (but not bloated - interesting), and get so tired! I shall not be getting anything done today. . . carb coma, and trying to rest my body, makes it kind of rough. I am purposely not consuming fats in this re-feed! Just upping the carbs. And it is time for a protein shake now, so my protein is staying where it is at so far (I will add an extra shake tonight). The thought of eating pasta right now is kind of nauseous, but I will do it!

Well, the day after my re-feed isn't so bad. The scale said 152.6 this morning right out of bed, and then 150.8 after my morning cardio. I just inputted all my data from yesterday into MyPlate, and it displayed my pie chart - LOL! 75% carbs (and protein and fat split the other 25%), and a nice red banner that said I had gone over my daily allowance of calories.

Ultimately I had around 650 grams of carbs, 44 grams of fat, and 140 grams of protein - just over 3000 calories. Wow! and I don't feel all bloated or nasty. Maybe this carb only loading for a cheat meal day -

(I basically had a round loaf of Sourdough bread - which by the way isn't the greatest thing to eat for a cheat without the EB butter to go along with it, as it is a little on the dry crumbly side - and a big plate of pasta with fat-free tomatoe sauce and one vegan apple sage sausage)

- is the way to go for me. I think my body could have taken in some more carbs as the muscles don't look all full and rounded today (they just look normal), and the scale stills says 150.something as my weight!

I will say that it was just a little bit harder to get up and do my morning cardio (not just because it is cold and grey out). It felt like my body had become heavier and the machinery was all gunked up. Maybe I should try potatoes next time (I wonder if ketchup has alot of added sugar/fat to it?).