Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Today the scale gets praise from me too!

It is weird how the body retains so much water! Try and figure out what foods are probably doing it to your own specific body (carbs, sugars, fats, and protein (powders perhaps?).

Hahahahah. An image of me trying to go sideways on the StepMill just popped into my head. The image ended with me on the ground in a big heap in the cardio area! With my legs all twisted.

I know I am sodium sensitive but I think part of it might have been the BBQ sammy I had on my high calorie day. I am sure the sodium content is high. Topped off with 8 hrs sitting in the car not moving my legs or doing any kind of exercising didn't help matters. Just glad to see the scale going down I wait till the program hits a slow speed before I do the sidestepping and kickbacks. It is the one machine where I actually feel like I am doin something instead of going through the motions. Have to stay focused on the step mill or I would fall off myself.

Been thinking it is time for me to start doing something more with my life. I know the profession I am in is an honorable one but frankly I am burnt out on it and didn't have any intention of being a CNA for this long. What I want to do I have no clue to be honest. I want something that A) pays better, B) offers benefits and C) has me interacting with people instead of isolated in a home taking care of 1 person. Mostly it boils down to really needing A and B... C is just a wish lol. I am really tired of doing without. I can't afford to invest in my future, struggle paycheck to paycheck, cry when others get a paid vacation while I work 6 days a week, and pay outragous doctor bills cause I have to pay for the entire visit myself.... What to do what to do...........

You can start looking into things you might like to do. Can you combine your CNA with exercise? It doesn't take long to get an exercise certificate for something. I wonder what the nearest hospital has to offer in the way of exercise classes, or a rehabilitation facility might have that you could investigate the different jobs they have there.

social work has great benefits, good vacation time, and good job security, and youre doing good work, but the pay isn't great. and some people burn out. however, the schooling is relatively easy but definitely go to a public school so you dont have a ton of loans afterwards. and after you get your masters and get a few years of experience you can go into private practice.

I have thought about going into sports specific therapy and become a PTA. I am tired of working with seniors and want to work with people my own age or at least closer to my age.

Today was a rather boring day..... I did 55 min boot camp (ouch!!! she killed it tonight), 30 min walk with my pup this morning and did 45 min step mill at lvl 6 fat burner program. Had to stop a couple times to adjust my sock it felt bunched up under my toes. I think I sweat more with doing the step mill after boot camp than I do before hand. My left hip is sore so I might have to take a break from the step mill which sucks!!!!

Today was an annoying day for me from the moment I stepped off the scale this morning. My morning walk sucked couldn't get into it but forced it, was extremely off balance in yoga and fell over a couple times, couldn't get enough coffee in my system today and work..... yeah I wanted to leave not long after I got there. I did get good news though I dont have to be a work at 7:30am tomorrow afterall!!!! I do get a 2 day weekend but it kills my paycheck....

Cardio: 30 min walk around track, 45 min elliptical, 50 min yoga

Legs

supersetted tke squats (no rest): 3 sets 20 reps each leg

superset

box squats: 1 set 20 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 20 reps

single leg deadlift: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps each leg

superset

sled push: 3 sets 125 lbs??? down and back twice

walking lunges: 3 sets down and back twice

superset

tke reverse lunges: 3 sets 15 reps

sumo squats: 1 set 35 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps

I feel beyond exhausted and I need to stretch out good and proper or I am not going to function well tomorrow. I drank my protein shake and was kinda hungry so I popped a date and was in sugary heaven, although I wish it had been a prune.......

Luckily, night time comes, and all is dark. Crawl into bed, and if you are blessed you will fall unconscious for hours. And then the day will begin anew, and maybe this time it can turn out alright!

COME ON JUNE 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to watch my first competition ever and so excited. I know at least 4 people competing 1 of which is near and dear to my heart. I pick up my ticket tonight. I will be studying that stage closely that is for sure! The scale said 173.8 again today but I did a killer leg workout so really didn't expect much in the way of a loss today. I will see one tomorrow I am sure. I have to remember to take it easy in boot camp tonight cause I don't dare do legs again today. Well maybe some squat jumps and squat thrusts but no lunges lol. Feeling perkier today despite Teddy trying to take off after a bunny and wanting to pull me into a ditch to do it.... silly basset mommy weights more and is stronger..... winner-MOMMY!!

Thanks it has been a long hard struggle thus far and nowhere near my ultimate goal but I am 96.2 lbs closer to it. I want to have lost the 100 lbs plus some by Mayhem. I already know what I am going to wear!!!! I feel like a lil kid going to Disney World (never been to either Disney Land or World....)

I totally didn't pack an extra snack and am surrounded by trash food. I luckily was close to a starbucks and knew they had 2 thing I could have... I opted for Two Moms in the Raw blueberry granola bar:) I could have gotten oatmeal but the granola bar sounded much better

Long day. Started out with downpours moved to sunny and really humid.... I just have to make it through tomorrow!!!!!

Cardio: 30 min walk around track before yoga, 55 min yoga, 45 min step mill fat burner lvl 4, 15 min walk with teddy

Back/biceps

superset

band rows: 3 sets 20 reps

stability ball crunches: 3 sets 25

superset

bent over row: 1 set 45 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 65 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 65 lbs 15 reps

assisted pullups: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

back extension: 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps

upright dumbbell rows: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

superset

band reverse flyes: 3 sets 20 reps

dumbbell bicep curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

giant set:

band straight arm pressdown: 3 sets 20 reps

hammer curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

plank: 1 set 90 sec, 1 set 45 sec on stability ball, 1 set 60 sec on stability ball

I feel like I am forgetting an exercise... I really need to have him write down all I do and such instead of me trying to remember lol. I impressed him tonight when I did a full plank at 90 sec. I guess none of his other clients can do that. He decided to challenge me and had me prop up on a ball and do a full plank that way. First one was a bit shaky second one I said 60 sec and not to steady the ball in any way. I told him some how some way I was going to do any challenge he put in front of me even if I face plant in the process. I did complain about my wrist getting a little sore but it wasn't enough to stop me. My determination is growing stronger the more I work with my trainer and I think it is because for the first time I have someone outside of my head pushing me past way out of my comfort zone. I have 2 days to drop to either 170 or down into the 160s so that I can officially say I have lost 100 lbs!!!

Agreed, it doesn't matter at which exact time you'll reach it. It's amazing that you've come this far already, that you kept it up, and that you are still going strong. You should be super proud of yourself!

Me too! She is such an inspiration to me! I just love the tenacity she has for pushing herself (helps to remind me of myself at times).

Now, were your feet up on the stability ball or your hands?

I kinda sit here and think what if I had gone on the biggest loser.... would I have rocked it this hard and pushed like I have by myself and now with my trainer? Mostly I am glad I didn't because I don't think they would have alotted for a vegan diet on the show even though Bob himself claimed vegan for a while before giving up.

Today is my high cal sugar high day and WOW I love the sugar rush. Going to have to give up on it really soon again which is going to make me cry but it will be for the best. I will use Mud Pie bakery for important birthday parties only and will continue to go see them but only for coffee and a piece of fruit if they have some. Now that I am almost broke of my chips addiction next will be my sugar cravings which hit me super hard! Might have to up my cinnamon and magnesium intake to help get me through for a while. Those seemed to help a while back when I did break my sugar addiction until I was working 3 jobs and slammed 4-5+ amps a day to function. Lord I look back on my life and I wonder how I am still alive!!!!! I feel like I am in a confessional booth at the moment and feel the need to get a lot of things off my chest to help forgive and move on from where I used to be