Hello everyone

Flapeth

Hi,

I was a vegetarian for one year and then gave up, several years back. Well I eat meat because I'm lazy and used to it, but I do strongly hate the mistreatment of animals and the unnecessarily large consumption of meat particularly in the US.

I want to be as healthy as possible, I already take supplements, so I figured if it's healthier to not eat meat then why should I?

I'm here to hopefully learn some more on how to get all of my nutrients, vitamins, and proteins without meat and dairy, to be a full on Vegan and see how it goes.

I'm enlisting in the Army and love physical fitness so this should be interesting

Welcome to the group!

Thanks for joining us. Happy to hear that you're excited to embrace the vegan lifestyle. There are a lot of vegan athletes here so feel free to browse around training journals an sections about health and nutrition and bodybuilding to connect with members, get questions answered, etc.

All the very best and welcome aboard!

-Robert

Hello and welcome.

I found vegan RD site to be good for telling me about things I would (or might) need as a vegan: http://www.theveganrd.com/2010/11/recommended-supplements-for-vegans.html

Check out the nutrition section here on bodybuilding.com too... there are some helpful posts there.

Once you've committed to a healthy lifestyle and have found a few recipes you love it gets easy to stay on track.

Thanks for the greetings Robert, and Stcalico, my name is also Robert

Hello and welcome.

I found vegan RD site to be good for telling me about things I would (or might) need as a vegan: http://www.theveganrd.com/2010/11/recommended-supplements-for-vegans.html

Check out the nutrition section here on bodybuilding.com too... there are some helpful posts there.

Once you've committed to a healthy lifestyle and have found a few recipes you love it gets easy to stay on track.

Stcalico, that's a great website, I just started reading some of the article and I greatly appreciate the honesty and realism of it.

I will take notes about the vitamins and minerals I need, etc...

Thank you

• 4 months later...