Sorry the site was down for a few hours yesterday

robert

I know the site was down for a few hours yesterday.

We had a server issue so our hands were tied. I got these updates from our hosting company last night:

Dear Customer,

We are currently having issues on the server (HW173) on which you virtual private server is located. We are in the process of moving your virtual private server to a spare hardware server.

Please note that if you have multiple virtual private servers, this only impacts the ones on this specific physical server.

If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support ([email protected] or +1.770.448.2100 option 2)

Thank you for your understanding. We are working on this as quickly as possible to get your service restored.

Thank you,

eApps Hosting

-------------

Then

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, the status of the server (HW173) on which your virtual private server is located has deteriorated. The server is unstable and we not currently able to migrate your data to another server. Our only option appears to be to restore from backup. The most current backup available is from May 24, 2012 1:51:54 AM EDT. We are starting the restore process in parallel with further trouble shooting on the server. The ETA for the restore is about Midnight EDT. If we are able to recover the server itself before the restore process completes we will do so and notify you.

Please note that if you have multiple virtual private servers, this only impacts the ones on this specific physical server.

If you have any questions, please contact Technical Support ([email protected] or +1.770.448.2100 option 2)

Thank you for your understanding. We are working on this as quickly as possible to get your service restored.

Thank you,

eApps Hosting

-----------------------

Then

Dear Customer,

If you were notified earlier that your service was on the physical server HW173, this update is for you.

While the restore from backup was processing, we continued to work on the server and were able to stabilize it enough to migrate virtual servers off. We were able to complete all migrations by 2:55 AM EDT. Virtual servers with less data were able to be moved and service restarted earlier. While this took a little longer for some than it would have to just move to a backup, we thought it was better to provide the most current data and not loose many hours of activity on your service.

We reviewed all virtual private servers for issues and corrected any that were found. If you do have any issues or questions, please contact Technical Support ([email protected] or +1.770.448.2100 option 2)

Please note that if you have multiple virtual private servers, this only impacts the ones that were on this specific physical server.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

eApps Hosting

Yeah, and of course, I couldn't get online to let people know what was up, until I woke up. Recovering from being under the weather, I slept in, but I assume the site has been up for a few hours now.

Back in business.