Full moon tonight. Any werefolk in here?

Baby Hercules

The 2012 Full Strawberry Moon is tomorrow morning, June 4th, around 5 AM. This will be the last full moon before the days start getting shorter again after the June 21rst solstice. That means you have the fewest hours of darkness to view the full moon this time around. Better roll out of bed early and make that strawberry smoothie fast!

Baby Herc

• 1 month later...

Well, I missed the Thunder Moon on July 3 because I've been going to bed early in order to wake before dawn when there is actually some cool air to be had outside. I can't do cardio indoors (listening to people wheeze and grunt right next to me, fighting off a mind-numbing assault of Greenday and Lady Gaga on the loud speakers, breathing the air other people exhaled over and over and....) so I'm left with the primal hunt for satisfying conditions. At 5 AM, there's nothing on the streets but shadows, nothing in the park but dew, and no one in the forest but slugs. Perfect.

Baby Herc

• 4 weeks later...

If you missed the Green Corn Moon of August last night, don't worry--there's another one coming up on the 31rst. That's right, a Blue Moon. http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/moon/3304131.html So, keep a soft blanket in the car and stake out a spot in the grass so you'll be all set for snuggling between the moonshadows.

Baby Herc