25 Tips for Eating Vegetarian while Traveling

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this link!!! I am travelling to Chicago in August and have been freaking out about the lack of vegan-friendly restaurants near the hotel I'm staying at. And the last time I flew was when I was vegetarian and I also wasn't the healthiest vegetarian at that. So, this is a new experience. I've definitely taken coolers filled with prepared foods and snacks when driving but I won't have that luxury with flying.

I will have to try some of the tips on the blog. Plus I have a few months to prepare for the trip.

Thanks!

"3. When people ask me how I maintain my vegan diet when I travel to remote places that don’t seem exceptionally vegan-friendly such as Alabama and Mississippi, or France or Poland, I am quick to remind people that every small and large town I have ever been to anywhere in the world, has grocery stores and some have farmers markets. One doesn’t have to find a vegetarian restaurant to find vegetarian food. Grocery stores are stocked full of produce. Go eat it."

This is how i would go about it.Can't be fooled by wholefoods.

"3. When people ask me how I maintain my vegan diet when I travel to remote places that don’t seem exceptionally vegan-friendly such as Alabama and Mississippi, or France or Poland, I am quick to remind people that every small and large town I have ever been to anywhere in the world, has grocery stores and some have farmers markets. One doesn’t have to find a vegetarian restaurant to find vegetarian food. Grocery stores are stocked full of produce. Go eat it."

This is how i would go about it.Can't be fooled by wholefoods.

Thanks! Yes, I am thinking the way to go is to request a mini-fridge in the hotel and stock it full of fruits and veggies. Plus, I figure most restaurants that we may go to while there (my husband is a carnivore) will have vegetables even if they are side orders. So I can always order a bunch of sides. And I believe there are a couple of grocery stores near the hotel we're staying at so I think this will be good.