Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gaia's Cut
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:28 pm 
Elephant

It has been just a couple of days since I last posted, but it seems like a long time. The days are so filled with morning cardio, afternoon workout, and then evening cardio - and then eating and supplementing. It seemed like too much on one day - luckily it was a rest day, and I just ate food and told myself that I do not need to supplement today as I was not pushing myself with cardio or weights. So far, I have do not know if it hurt me at all to just chill on supplements during my rest day.

Do know that on my high carb day, I was doing very well with the doubling of my brown rice, oatmeal, and sweet potato, but then I made strawberry shortcake for my family, and ended up eating one of my shortcakes and only 1/4 cup of strawberries (that was what was left! and the strawberries were sweetened with agave). This morning, I had lost .4 lbs from yesterday! My weight is now at 145.4 this morning (weight was 145.8 yesterday before my high carb day). Interesting, no?

I have some new supplements that I am incorporating now. I am doing Aminos and powdered Glutamine in the morning, right before workout, and right before bed. I also am taking probiotics before meal #1 in the morning - I seem to be 'cleaning' out my colon with this supplement so far (maybe that is why I lost weight after my high carb day! LOL!).

Trying to hold on to my heavy weight sets. Going to post what that is, so I can see how my weight goes down, and so does my weights on the heavy set (muscle mass lost is my theory).

Leg Press: 14 total 45 plates/15, was able to do short ROM with 22 total 45 plates/barely 15 (actually 13+2 reps with hands on knees pushing up/helping)
Leg Extension: 285 (whole stack)/10
Leg Curl: 110/10
Abductor Machine: 150/8
Adductor Machine: 140/8+2
Tried to do Sumo Squat, but too lightheaded this time. Try again later (2 days maybe): but last time it was a heavy set of 230/15, with extra sets of 180/25 (going for the burn in the glutes - gotta tighten the glutes for the show!).

And that is all for Legs. I also did 5 miles in my morning cardio this morning (oops, forgot it was Leg day! I usually just walk, but I jogged today) - so no wonder I couldn't do the Sumo Squats at the end of the workout! I had just enough glycogen in my muscles for an hour long workout (have to make note of that! and see if that is the consensus this week for every bodypart - or just for the big muscle Legs).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 pm 
Elephant

MMMMM strawberry shortcake!!! I haven't had that in ages! What kind of probiotics are you using???

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:30 am 
Elephant

This one: http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-27898-new ... n-capsules.

I haven't had strawberry shortcake in such a long time too! Organic strawberries are now in the produce section at our grocery store! So I have been sneaking one or two strawberries right before I go workout, or do the evening cardio - the simple sugar in that strawberry tastes wonderful and gives me a happy feeling before I have to go and do cardio at night (which is so boring - nobody is in the gym now! Don't blame them. It is warm in Michigan - you want to be outdoors as much as possible - leftover cabin fever from the March Madness! but i can only run once - my feet complain otherwise - the Elliptical doesn't seem to hurt them as much - the toes just fall asleep!LOL!).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 am 
Elephant

I hate the elliptical for that reason!. Going to start trying to run again. I can say it does feel good to run. I love summer for all the yummy flavors!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hope you have a great week of training!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:09 pm 
Elephant

Me too! Thank you for stopping by and posting! I will channel your well wishes into my muscles as I get ready for evening cardio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 pm 
Elephant

Did the evening cardio yesterday on my 2nd day of carb depletion - after doing a morning cardio of the usual 5 miles/60 minutes trail jog, and working the Delts out carefully - though they hurt alot last night and I had to ibprofen them at night to be able to go to sleep - but today on the 3rd day of carb depletion, I did not do evening cardio.

I had a hard time just getting thru my Back routine today. I could feel myself hitting the wall only 30 minutes into the workout - actually after doing the first 2 exercises - Machine Back Row (lower grip) and Pulldowns. I love the pulldowns now. I can do 6 reps on 165lbs pretty well, and the last 2 reps are only half way down. Today I held on afterwards, lifted my legs up with knees bent and twirled around twice over the knee hold/seat. I weigh less than what I can pull down - and yeah it took work to get my knees under the hold and put my ass on the seat, and then pull the wide bar down. I have yet to try just pulling myself up on the chin tower. The handles are closer together on the chin tower than the wide bar that I am use to - one of these Back days I will have to try at least. And I ate my what I was alotted for today, and was not up to doing any cardio tonight.

Tomorrow is Rest day again. It is also re-feed/high carb day. Going to try and pick out a song/music for the show, and try to put on the fake eyelashes myself (I got a Kit to help me!). Ordered stretch velvet material from SpandexWorld.com to start to make my posing suit, and that should be here by next Rest day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 am 
Elephant

Gaia I want to be like you when I grow up into a BB!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:22 am 
Elephant

No, you want to be like YOU, but in a BB form! Your calves are way bigger than mine! And the shoulder girdle on you is incredible too! My biggest asset is my legs and upper pecs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 am 
Elephant

I meant with all the knowledge of what works for your body, how to work a stage, sew your own posing suit and to put a routine together :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:45 pm 
Elephant

wow ur making your own suit? good for you and on the motivation. for me at this point the little details are the worst...like the clothing, the waxing, exfoliating...are more of a pain than anything. i enjoy my time at the gym doing endless cardio, would rather be there than at home ruminating about my hair or my suit or my routine. ugh lol. and crazy lat pulls regardless!

https://www.youtube.com/user/doctorvannostrand100

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:02 am 
Elephant

Oh, Oops. . . brain diet fog - that is the excuse I am currently using for my mistakes that I seem to be making lately - probably cuz it is true!

When you put your body thru all this stuff, and play around with it, I think it is cool knowledge and all. You can read all about it, but until you actually do it, and experience it for yourself, then you won't truly know what it is like. And what it is like for you - everyone is different. As someone told me and I liked the quote alot - we are all biochemical snowflakes; each one is unique.

I sew alot for my kids - costumes for halloween, and lately it has been cosplay for the anime conventions - this year it is characters from the Assassins Creed 2 game, or unless they change their minds. So I looked at my suit from last time (small petite? how small was I? the triangle top doesn't even cover the nip - LOL! TMI). And the new ones are so expensive! So I am going to try my hand at sewing one, or two, or how many it takes to get it right! And I have to order the "breast enhancements" to put into my secret compartment that I will sew into my suit! no ultra flat triangle top this time!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am 
Elephant

I seriously need to learn to sew. I am tired of wearing oversized clothes but refuse to buy new ones until I get where I want to bed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:13 am 
Elephant

So this morning's cardio of trail jogging hit a snag. I decided to go up the High School Hill, and made it up fine with no out of breath gulps of air. Unfortunately, on the way down, I felt the Vibram's right big toe snag on the sidewalk - where a plant actually did break thru the sidewalk, but they killed it, and then put this black goop to fill it in - except for it has burrs sticking out, and down I went! Felt like slow motion as I fell to the ground, and had plenty of time to put out my hands/palms mostly to take the brunt of the fall. Right leg got scratched enough so blood came thru the skin, but my palms were just polka dotted from the small stones in the sidewalk asphalt. I tried to keep my hands up, to keep it from swelling too much - I have Arms to do in the gym today! Ice water when I got home, and now arnica oil on it. Just a little bit sore, and my left delt seems to be talking to me, like "Hey, I got hurt too! Even more so than I was before! I want some arnica too! Please, please - OK I am now going to make you feel pain so you will notice me!" OK, here is some arnica and alittle bit of a massage. Geesh, what a whiner! - and yes, these are the conversations I have with my body. . I know, I live in my own little world: Gaia's world.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:16 am 
Elephant

Synny667 wrote:
bed.

I know you meant "be", but is this a Freudian slip? the day is just beginning, and yet you want to be in bed sleeping still?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next