Synny's training journal

Yeah, that is how I am too. In fact, I have to write pretty much everything down that I have planned to do (supplement routine is getting out of control, but the stupid stuff seems to be helping me out - so I can't really disregard the stuff can I?).

Maybe you can explain it to him, and then find a day and time that you can have a routine "date" or maybe even an "exercise date"?

I agree with you, in that sleep is precious to me (especially right now) and will not go out after 10 (evening cardio is 8-9 only).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We typically go out on either Friday night or Saturday night to the movies because it is something I can do that is in rest form but I always get the feeling he wants to do more. As for a exercise date... no he is to goofy and distracting that I could see myself falling off the step mill injuring myself lol. I think I finally got it through his head no food dates no food surprises ( I still swear that cake weighted over 5 lbs!!!) and to not bring me any coffee. I am trying to break my caffeine addiction one way or another. I am now on green tea and will switch to passion green tea next week and then straight passion tea. I detest cutting my sleep short except for Muscle Mayhem!! Luckily my first show won't be that one but a smaller one I hope. I still need to figure out what class I want to do. It excites me to no end now

I really think I am getting close to my monthly... I am feeling moodier, very gassy, cravings through the roof and lack of desire to be around people. My trainer gave me a good thrashing today which I needed since I indulged way to much..... 6 homemade cookies Not beating myself up but got major damage control to do. I finda felt like it was going to be this type of day when my breakfast didn't hold me over through my light am cardio and yoga. My tummy was rumbling and felt super hungry. Cardio ran late tonight due to talking to my trainer about the shooting range. Looks like me him and his girlfriend are going to go shoot some rounds one afternoon. Now that should help relieve some stress!!! I have been wanting to learn to shoot for protection reasons so I am going to jump on it since he is willing to teach me.

Cardio: 25 min track walk (leisure pace but not speed walk maybe about a 3.5 speed) 50 min yoga, 15 min lvl 7 recumb bike, 15 min cardio program lvl 7 elliptical, 15 min step mill manual program lvl 7 (wow trying to figure out how I managed this one)

Legs (let the trashing begin)

super set

TKE squats: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

walking lunges: 3 sets down room and back

superset

Box squat: 1 set 20 lb bar 20 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs DBs 20 reps

3 way squat: 1 set 5 reps each leg, 2 sets 15 lbs DBs 5 reps (forward lunge, angle lunge, side lunge)

super set

Deadlifts: 2 sets 45 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 65 lbs 20 reps (I always include the weight of the bar)

Single leg deadlifts: 3 sets 25 lb kettlebell 20 reps

super set

Jump squat: 3 sets 15 reps

Sled push:1 set 97 1/2 lbs length of room and back, 2 sets 97 1/2 lbs suicides

super set

Single leg bridge: 3 sets 20 reps

3 way calf raise: 3 sets 10 reps each direction

My trainer thought it would be fun for me to do something different than my partner so I got the deadlifts, single leg deadlifts, jump squat and single leg bridges. He seems to think I will be deadlifting 135 lbs pretty soon and that I should invest in some straps to help with my grip. I need to go back to carrying my gallon jug instead of the liter bottle. I drank 6 liters of water today yay me! Ready to crawl in bed and let my body recover. I think this is by far my favorite part of working out!!!

I don't know why but ground ginger has become a staple in my breakfast... It is just like I can't eat lunch without my crushed red pepper and loads of garlic. Won't complain cause ginger is good for me! I am now looking into buying a couple Spanx items to help hold me in and hopefully trigger my skin to start shrinking. Don't know what I am going to do about the arm jiggle though....

Ok hello hunger issues!!! Still over an hour before lunch and my stomach is not a happy camper right now and is really growling! No idea what to do to shut it up other than to eat and I don't want to eat until it is lunch time....... I have drank 2 liters of water since 7am it feels like another day like yesterday I think I need to invest in an appetite suppressant ????

I am not real good at recipes. I did half volume coconut oil, and half volume dates. And then added the zest and juiced 2 lemons. I think I had 24 dates and 1/2 cup of coconut oil - but not real sure.

I got the idea from the Thrive Book by Brendan, and he calls them Direct Energy Bites:

5 dates

2 tbsp coconut oil

2 tsp lemon zest

1 tsp lemon juice

sea salt to taste.

Combine in a food processor until smooth.

When I did the food processor, the coconut oil started to melt due to the heat from the processor. I just scooped up some of the half melted/soft mass with a spoon, put the spoonfuls on a plate, and stuck the plate in the freezer/refrigerator to cool the bite size pieces. When it cooled back down, I just made perfect little balls by rolling them between the palms of my hands, and kept them in the refrigerator in a plastic (BPA-free) container. I take them out, and they last awhile before they become too melted and will stick to your fingers when you touch them.

I also added the White Chia Seed Powder to my batch (maybe that is why I have so much lemon juice in my big batch that I did) so I could have some protein in the powerballs.

Sounds yummy!! I would probably roll them in coconut flakes hehe.

So today I had nasty hunger pains and did binge. Not mad at myself just need to start monitoring my monthly better so that way when I start getting close I can just slowly start adding in calories so that I don't feel the need to binge on everything. I am supposed to weigh in in the morning and nervous. I really want to hit that 100 lbs lost mark. When I go to work in the morning I will have an extra person to clean up after/take care of... At least they have stuff to graze on so they will stay out of my hair some lol. It is becoming more of a fact that I am going to have to get a second job as much as I detest the idea. Going to go see of the pet resort I take my pup to for daycare is hiring night help.

Cardio: 30 min walk with dog, 45 min step mill fat burner lvl 5, 15 min air bike, 50 min boot camp

Just got back from my weigh in with the trainer. Oh yeah he threw in measurements too... his scale said 175.5 mine said 173.8 I like mine better lol. I didn't get exact numbers but I know I lost 2 inches all over and 3 lbs down in 2 weeks according to his records. He wants to try upping my almond intake to see if that helps curb my hunger some more with the protein and fat

I am still mightily injured...thinking Bikram's...was gonna start today, but I hurt. Supposed to be writing---you again, motivated and inspired.

The guy...OK, so if you arent doing "doughnuts" over him now, ...chances are, you wont later,-either. "food for thought". next!

Feeling a bit creative in the kitchen so I am making spicy peanut ramen... well my version lol. I put in some green beans, yellow onion, sunflower seed butter along with peanut butter and using brown rice noodles instead of the thin rice noodles. Keeping fingers crossed. Tomorrow I will try pineapple lo mein!

He literally said to me once you lose the weight and get the body you want your gonna dump me huh. I said yep you better start lifting weights and getting all buff hahaha

Workout partner material? Very motivational on your part!

He runs already but anything else I don't know about. He wouldn't be a good workout partner unless he can keep the goofball personality at the door and be serious. But he is always seeking for reassurance and that drives me nuts! He needs to just go with the flow and not worry about my feelings towards him. Not to mention I think I hurt his feelings when I wouldn't let him buy me something. I want him to know that I prefer him not his money.

Ok so I took today as a rest day and played in the yard cutting back brush and planting more pepper plants that I got for free at market! I even got a nice foot massage and a sunburn hahaha. Yesterday I didn't overwork myself since I have been training so hard I thought I would just try to relax a lil bit more so that way I can hit next week hard after well deserved rest It was such a nice day I utilized my clothesline such a good weekend so far

Well, tell him to use his money to buy a gym membership! and maybe a goofball personality is needed to balance out your seriousness? though it can be annoying at times. still, it help you relax maybe? weird that he is serious about your feelings towards him, but he is not serious about everyday life things?

I don't see him going to the gym and I won't push it after testing the waters yesterday at the bookstore. He kinda got a little defensive as I was showing him books that might help him out. It can be very annoying being around him when I am trying to be serious and all he wants to do it be a goofball. I finally told him yesterday stop seeking validation from me and to just relax and go with the flow. I really don't see us lasting at this rate. Yes I am very serious but only in my professional and gym life. Outside of that I do love to laugh and have fun. I did manage to take the entire weekend off from the gym and training so that I could recharge my batteries. I think once a month I will do this.

I swear I was doing the happy dance today with my trainer!!! My workout partner is taking a break for how long we don't know and that means no whining!!!!! I think that has officially made my blah day a happy day!! My trainer said he would rather work with me cause even if I don't want to do something I do it anyway with a smile or at least attempt to do it before giving up lol. I made some cinnamon roasted walnuts today but left off the cayenne pepper which I am realizing was a mistake!! The nuts were missing something and I think that was it. Today I decided I was going to push myself to do something I have only done once before... I ran .25 mile without stopping!!!!

Cardio: 23 min walk/run (.25 mile walk at 3.3, .25 mile run at 5.5 and 6.5 alternating walking and running) 30 min step mill (15 min lvl 5 15 min lvl 6 fat burning program)

Chest/shoulder/triceps

super set

pushups: 3 sets 20 reps

crunches: 3 sets 25 reps

GIANT set:

band chest fly: 3 sets 20 reps

side delt raise: 3 sets 8 lbs 20 reps

incline fly: 1 set 15 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 20 lbs 20 reps

reverse crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

super set:

Arnold press: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

side bends: 3 sets 30 lbs 20 reps

Giant set:

bench dips: 3 set 20 reps

kickbacks: 3 sets 10 lbs 20 reps

planks on ball: 3 sets 1 min

Would love to sip on a beer tonight but think I will wait till my high calorie day to enjoy one

Ok nothing brightens my day more than going to the lake and loving on the bison and elk. Well the bison were off hiding so went straight to the elk. The rake on the bull was impressive today and velvety soft! Yes I got to quickly pet his antler. He typically lets me pet his nose while he is chewing. Got home and found we had a turtle. Well I took him to a field close to the woods and a pond and let him go. Was the correct thing to do. I planted more garlic today and found a few more tiny baby red potatoes. For some reason I love them tiny. Next year I already plan on making a large raised bed just for potatoes. Then going to make square foot beds for everything else. Well I might put bush beans and potatoes together because those are main staples for me . I swear there is nothing better than turning on some classical music while digging in the dirt to plant yummy healthy goodness!

Cardio: 45 min step mill lvl 5 fat burning program (had every intention of running but all the treadmills were full) and 50 min boot camp (didn't do jumping jacks or squat jumps due to cramps, bloating and gas. felt like I wanted to fart bad when I jumped and it hurt my belly)