Other things to do at the gym?

Well I'm sure most of you are like me and have a set routine you do day in day out.

What I wanted to know is, do you guys/girls have anything else you do at the gym to workout outside your normal routine? Even if it's just for fun?

Outside of my workout, I go...outside. Walking, hiking, biking, exploring, climbing rocks and trees for fun, playing with the neighbor's pets, gardening and landscaping, detailing the truck, etc. I can't do cardio indoors; the very idea of heavily breathing in and out everybody's recycled air in a stuffy, overly humid room with damp windows and bad music makes my teeth itch. All hail the sun! Woo-HOO!

Baby Herc

Yoga class, any class. Change up the speed of your routine. Try doing your routine one-sided, its much harder, requires balance, strengthens many muscle groups at once. If you normally do weight training (that's what I normally do) maybe throw in a cardio day every now and then. Elipical, spin class, zumba class.

At the gym, the only other thing I do besides my normal routine is shoot the breeze with the people in my powerlifting club and try to pick their brains so I can better. It's a really positive environment and I'm grateful that I have finally made friends with them.

Outside of the gym, I love riding my bike, but it's usually not very intense cardio-wise, I kind of just dilly dally around the bike trails and enjoy being in the forest and by the river. I also play with my dogs and garden. My husband does most of the gardening and it's pretty intense for city-dwellers. Our friends call it our "farm."