Vegan Curious

Cown

Good plan, I like the sound of the change in reps. Quite a good thing to do ~ keeps the training fresh and your body ha to readapt to a different situation. You might even be pleasantly surprised and like it haha ?! Anything 6 reps and below is starting to train your muscles, CNS and neural pathways for strength based results... and there's nothing wrong with that. I wish more girls would do this and leave the pink dumbbells on the rack !!

How was your weekend, did you get up to much?

Haha! The pink dumbbells kill me...heavy is the way to go! I thoroughly enjoyed increasing weight today..can't wait for when I get to increase in order to do 4 reps.

My weekend was filled with sunburns and gym sessions Sadly, I'm such a ginger that the sunburns are from walking between the car and stores on saturday. Yesterday I was soaking up more sun on my balcony, but I was smart enough to wear sunscreen.

How was your weekend?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! The pink dumbbells kill me...heavy is the way to go! I thoroughly enjoyed increasing weight today..can't wait for when I get to increase in order to do 4 reps.

My weekend was filled with sunburns and gym sessions Sadly, I'm such a ginger that the sunburns are from walking between the car and stores on saturday. Yesterday I was soaking up more sun on my balcony, but I was smart enough to wear sunscreen.

How was your weekend?

My weekend was great thanks, always busy! Watched my greyhound race on Friday night (placed 3rd), I had the kids for most of Saturday and then got a good block of training in on Sunday. Watched Hangover II with the wife last night, quite funny and worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Having said that, I do think the first one was better simply because I laughed more.

Don't get sunburnt... and if you do then aloe vera gel is great to put on it. Treats it well as well as being nice and cooling on the skin.

I got so busy with work this week that I never had a chance to post anything..every night when I got home I would shower, eat, then crash lol Definitely an exhausting week. Thankfully I never misses a gym session, though. Wednesday was a little rough cause I had to go after work, and yesterday was at 7am before work, but I completely destroyed my hamstrings and glutes on thursday, and I loved it

Today is another leg session...I really miss doing leg press, but I'm so hesitant to go back to it because that's [sort of] how my groin got injured way back in january.

I bought myself a little treat this weekend... I moved from my parents' into this place a year and a half ago and since then I've only had a tiny 16" tv (I don't watch cable, I think it's mostly garbage, but a LOT of movies)..so finally this weekend I bought myself a gorgeous 40" LED! It's too big for the tv stand I have...it looks weird lol but the screen itself is wonderful

GREAT workout! I tried the Vega Sport Endurance Gel before I went to the gym, and I don't know if it was that or what, but I felt great through the whole session. I really pushed through and just loved every second of it.

While I was doing my bent over BB rows and overhead bicep cable curls these 2 little old men stood and watched me, commenting on my strength and muscle tone...they were funny, but that definitely made me feel pretty good. I've always had a lot of issues with self-image, where most of the time I literally see something different than what other people see..but today, even before those men commented, I felt that I looked really good. Nicely toned and really lean...I think that helped my energy level, too.

Bench - (warm up) 65lb x 10, 75lb x 8 x 3

Pull ups - 7 x 3 **Increased each set by 1 rep**

Bent over BB row - 70lb x 8 x 3

Overhead bicep cable curls - 40lb/side x 8 x 3

Incline bicep curls - 20lb/side x 6 x 3

Arnold Press - 20lb x 7 x 3

DB should press - 20lb x 6, 20lb x 8 x 2

Tricep cable pushdowns - 60lb x 8 x 3

Tricep cable extensions - 60lb x 8 x 3

Cable crunches - 40lb x 20, 50lb x 20, 60lb x 20, 70lb x 20

Oblique twists with 12lb medicine ball - 25/side x 3

I wanted to keep going...but I knew it wasn't a good idea

Hope everyone else is enjoying their monday as much as I am!

Can't believe I went so long without posting! lol

Last week was not a good one, in reference to workouts and otherwise. Monday was a good workout, but then wednesday I had to rush into work to cover for the other tech so my workout was squeezed into lunch hour, and when I do that I just focus on the clock rather than my lifts. Thursday was pretty brutal. Staff meeting lunch before the gym and I was so weighed down by it...I just felt fat and lazy, not to mention that I couldn't grip very well since I have a bad cat bite on a finger. I guess I pushed through it enough to make it effective though, on friday my legs were super sore.

I was house sitting/puppy & kitty sitting for my bosses all weekend so no gym since thursday...and I ate all weekend. At least they're as diet conscious as me though, so there was nothing unhealthy for me to binge on. Tomorrow is really going to hurt, regardless. I need a good kick in the ass to get my week going!

Haven't been posting this last week because I haven't had anything positive to write...bit of an off week. Got to the gym as scheduled, but I wasn't having fun, so today I had a fun session The plan was to do the big 3, but I couldn't do squats, and deadlifts were iffy so I stopped them, too. I had a PB on bench though! I did a pyramid up to 95lb and I did 1 rep with a random guy spotting just to test it, then a set of 2 reps, then worked my way back down. It hurt, and it was a lota fun. I had a great pump goin'. After I realized I couldn't do squats or deadlifts, I did a few random things...pull ups, overhead cable curls, bosu ball push ups...I think that was it.

I did some research on healing strained groin muscles...I've finally admitted to myself that it's not going to heal itself (I've never had to put effort into healing something before.. ), so I've gotta get this under control. Going out to get myself a tensor bandage tomorrow, and every lunch at work is now gunna have to be spent over at the gym with a foam roller, then an ice pack. Yay...

What did you get samples of?

538634_10150896245043720_1778058443_n.jpg

The chocolate energizing smoothie is pretty damn good...a little gritty, but fantastic nonetheless. If you try that berry nutritional shake in the next couple days, let me know how it is! I have some that I haven't tried yet.

Pretty decent workout today..Haven't been in the gym since wednesday due to my leg acting up. I kept it wrapped today and it felt better, though I wasn't working legs.

Having music DEFINITELY makes a difference. I felt really focused today, despite being in the 'bad gym'. I even lifted almost like I can in the other gym. All in all, good session.

My boss had me try is BCAA's yesterday and I would drink those just for the flavour...soo good! Has anyone tried the silk amino acids?? I've read about them in a few magazines but I don't know anyone that's tried them. Do they live up to the hype?

I've decided to take a week off from the gym and see if that gets me anywhere in regards to my leg..This is day one and it's killing me already. Here's hoping this helps and it's not for nothing.

Don't let it do your head in (the not-training-for-a-week, not your leg). Sometimes you just have to step back and think of the bigger picture.

Ya...I'm trying. It's just hard to keep thinking positive about it when I'm not convinced it's going to help.

aww that just made my night! lol That was really nice of you to check in.

I'm holding up about as well as my leg is..which isn't that great. I lifted a moderate weight off the floor this morning (aka a full laundry basket) and felt a twinge. I'm trying to keep positive and productive though...probably doing things I shouldn't, like rearranging furniture.

I'm going to my parents' for the first week of July, I think I'll go see the doctor (our family doctor) while I'm there. In the mean time, I'm probably going back to the gym.

lol! Thanks for the laugh - I needed one. I think you've got a few bro-mances going on in your journal that are more concerning than me, though haha Guys seem rather drawn to you. My boss is the same way, guys man crush on him all the time lol

Gave in and went to see a doctor today, and my hesitance to go was completely justified. He told me nothing I didn't already know..he literally said 'you're right' to my self-diagnosis. My problem is muscular and therefore he can't know exactly what the problem is. The only good thing that came out of it is a. he gave me the ok to be in the gym working upper body, and b. he gave me a referral to the sports rehab clinic in the city.

Knowing that I can go back into the gym has brightened my mood drastically...I knew being away had me feeling down, but I've only just realized how much. I'm VERY excited to go lift..I'm probably going to go tomorrow, despite having a large list of things to do before leaving for a week.

... so you are back in the gym this week?

Going today It's very much a small town gym, and I'm told it hasn't changed in several years, but it's got weights and benches and that's about all I need to get my work done. My 2 male friends who were going have kinda stopped, so that's a little disappointing, but really it just means I get to focus more. I'm VERY excited to get back to it.