Is New York overrun with blood-sucking insects?

Baby Hercules

On the radio this afternoon I heard a popular drive time talk show host tell how her little brother in Brooklyn, New York, declared that he no longer goes to public movie theaters. Being a fellow cinema enthusiast, she asked him why. He said, "Bedbugs." Apparently, there is an infestation sweeping the city, hiding in every upholstered nook and cranny, just waiting for a fleshy, pink human underpart to latch onto and suck blood. And you thought cheesy motels were the only ones. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/nyregion/21bedbugs.html?pagewanted=all

Gross.

There is hope, though. If you get crocked before the show, you have a chance. Bedbugs detest the taste of blood thinned by alcohol, in fact, alcohol will kill them on contact. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/bed-bugs-alcohol-study_n_1559306.html So, C.O., just how much Scotch did it take to enjoy The Avengers, cootie-free? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug

Baby Herc

That's bs, i go to the theater frequently, i did go to Avengers, in Manhattan though. But I'd go in Brooklyn. There are bedbugs in NYC but they are in a lot of cities. Also you can track online there is a website you can check to see if they have ever been reported at an address.

A couple of years ago they were discovered in the Library and Waldorf Astoria. While I don't follow his show, I heard that Howard Stern had them in his luxury apartment and had a battle with the exterminator. Point being they cross economic lines like acid rain crosses political boundaries. As the Rolling Stones' song, Shattered goes, "...rats on the West Side. Bedbugs Uptown..."

Just hoping I don't see them in my home.

A couple of years ago they were discovered in the Library and Waldorf Astoria. While I don't follow his show, I heard that Howard Stern had them in his luxury apartment and had a battle with the exterminator. Point being they cross economic lines like acid rain crosses political boundaries. As the Rolling Stones' song, Shattered goes, "...rats on the West Side. Bedbugs Uptown..."

Drink lots.

Baby Herc

Drink lots.

Baby Herc

Of kale juice of course.