My upcoming PHAT routine - look good?

Here's the routine I plan on starting next month, following Layne Norton's PHAT program and philosophy. Although I'll always consider myself a bodybuilder over a powerlifter, I definitely want to increase my power for the time being because I feel that my hypertrophy work has plateaued as a result of so much high volume and not enough power improvements.

Monday - Upper Body Power Movement

Bentover Rows | 3 sets of 3-5 reps

Flat BB Benchpress | 3 sets of 3-5 reps

Seated DB Shouler Press | 3 sets of 4-6 reps

Weighted Ab Work 3 sets 6-8 reps

Tuesday - Lower Body Power Movement

Squat | 3 sets of 3-5 reps

Deadlift | 3 sets of 3-5 reps

Leg Press | 2 sets of 6-8 reps

Standing Calf Raise | 3 sets of 6-8 reps

Thursday - Back and Shoulder Hypertrophy Movement

Speedwork: Bentover Rows | 6 sets of 3 reps (70% of 3-5 rep max)

Lat Pulldowns | 2 sets of 8-10 reps

Speedwork: DB Shoulder Press | 6 sets of 3 reps (70% of 3-5 rep max)

Upright Rows: 2 sets of 8-10 reps

Friday - Lower Body Hypertrophy Movement

Speedwork: Squat | 6 sets of 3 reps (70% of 3-5 rep max)

Leg Extension | 2 sets of 8-10 reps

Speedwork: Deadlift | 6 sets of 3 reps (70% of 3-5 rep max)

RDL | 3 sets of 6-8 reps

Saturday - Chest and Arms Hypertrophy Movement

Speedwork: Flat BB Benchpress | 6 sets of 3 reps (70% 3-5 rep max)

Incline DB Press | 3 sets of 6-8 reps

BB Curls | 3 sets of 6-8 reps

Tricep Extension | 2 sets of 6-8 reps

I feel like some days have too much while others don't have enough, so please critique as you see fit. Obviously overall my number one goal is to put on good bulking size, but I definitely need to improve my power to do so (I'm very weak pound for pound at the moment).

If I had to choose between aesthetics and power, I'd say power 'til the end of the year. I want to increase my power, lockouts, and explosiveness potential on all of my compound movements (Military Press, Benchpress, squat, deadlift).

I've only really ever done volumetric work - I know next to nothing about powerlifting besides what guys at my gym advise me (fewer sets, 3-5 rep range). I don't really know where to start researching it, either. It's like a wide open frontier for me.

T-nation should be your first port of call for any articles/questions you have.. It you wish to increase strength theirs a few program's. You should be devouring anything by guys likes Mark Rippetoe, Dave Tate & Jim Wendler.

What level of lifting are you at eg length of continuous lifting & current maxes on bench/ohp/squat/deadlift. My log here is purely strength training, though lately I'm falling off a little (a few niggles)

Thanks! I'll check out some of their articles. I actually did Jim's 5-3-1 last year a few months after I started training, though I doubt I did it completely correctly back then. I've trained continuously and correctly for a full year now otherwise.

Here are my maxes:

OHP: 165 lbs

Benchpress: 245 lbs

Squat: 365 lbs

Deadlift: 400 lbs

Thankfully I still had the ebooklet and excel sheet for the program in my email from when my friend forwarded the details. I put in my numbers, so only thing to do now is wait and check for progress. I'm very excited. The only thing I'm really unsure about is what assistance, if any, I should include in 5-3-1. Any good lifter tells me to do assistance for any weak area as you stated, but if I'm trying to hit my triceps to improve my lockout, shouldn't I just keep doing the main compound lift so as to avoid overtraining? I feel like assistance knowledge is what's preventing me from becoming a knowledgeable advance lifter.

I have the second edition, I'm planning on reverting back to the programable assistance template for a couple of cycles. Had been using boring but big.

Assistance wise, I think bbb is a good place to start. As I said I did add in a couple of things (extra work) for areas I needed improvement. Once I touch 100kg on bench my stability can be off, so more upper back work. Cable rows one day & dumbbell rows on the second (last set performed as a Kroc row).

I don't think doing some light tricep push downs will hurt to much, long as your smart about it. I never track isolation, if I do any at all. Your body has no clue what it is you're lifing when you isolate. Let the big lift stress the mind/muscles & joints. Just do whatever on the day if you do any extra work/it shouldn't detract from the core of the program.

That's why I use cable rows one day (easier) then dumbbells the second, same as tricep work, I add it in with bench as if I did with OHP my bench may suffer... When you do  any assistance it needs a reason & plan it right.

My boring but big work last couple of cycles has gone:

Mon:

OHP 5/3/1

Assistance:

OHP bbb: 70% x1 60% x2 50% x2

Pull ups: 5x10 (between OHP sets)

Cable narrow rows (extra back work)

Tues:

Deadlift (light work did to back issue no 5/3/1)

Assistance:

Front squats: programmed from 2nd edition

Standing hamstring curls: 4x12

Thurs:

Bench press: 5/3/1

Assistance:

Bench press bbb: percentages as OHP bbb

Chin ups : 5x10 (between bench sets)

Tricep push downs: 4x15 (extra work) 

Dumbbell rows: 3x10 & another set (light) as a Kroc row.

Fri:

Squat 5/3/1

Assistance:

Squats bbb: percentages as OHP/bench

Standing hamstring curls: 4x12

Hypers: 3x10

Pretty basic work but it's to the point with minimal fuss...

What's mirin?

Glad my assistance makes sense... I like to do my rows that way round as i think cable work is great for getting the blood into a muscle. So its helping with recovery.....hard working thursdays followed by cable rows monday. You can never really do to much upper back work!

also my split breaks into upper/lower/off/upper/lower/off/off

Hahahaha 'mirin is internet slang for admiring.

Yeah, I've always been a big fan of cable work due to the consistent pressure on the muscles. I'm trying to build up my lats and rear delts at the moment, so I may include those in my assistance. I'll start with just the template and see where things go from there.