Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I am a day behind on my journal lol. My trainer is loving having only me to train right now and frankly it is nice not having to put up my whining. So before yoga I got to the gym early enough that I could run on the treadmill and was very proud of myself. I ran a mile in quarter mile increments. I even got the treadmill up to 7.0 for less than a min!!

Cardio: 2 mile run/walk for 30 min at 2% incline 6.0 run 3.0 walk, yoga 50 min, step mill lvl 4 30 min fat burner program

Legs

TKE squats: 3 sets 20 reps

Squats: 1 set 45 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 65 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 85 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 95 lbs 20 reps

Superset

Deadlifts: 1 set 95 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 115 lbs 10 reps (talked about 135 lbs but opted for possibly next week!)

Walking lunges: 1 set 14 reps, 2 sets 15 lb DBs 14 reps

Superset:

Band Reverse lunge: 3 sets 15 reps (these really burned)

3 way calf raise: 3 sets 15 reps each direction

Today

Long day had a very slight binge on a thin slice of banana bread. Nothing special about today just another day. Really proud of myself for all the running I am starting to do! Could I have found my inner runner??? My left knee has been bothering me for a week or so but as soon as I started running it hasn't bothered me. Thinking I am due for a little makeover. New hair color and a fake tan and need to get a hair cut

Cardio: 20 min walk with dog, 35 min walk/run 3.0 walk 6.0-6.5 run at 2% incline, 50 min boot camp (didn't have to modify as much tonight)

Ok so busy evening last night didn't get to journal so here I am. Yesterday was rather a dull day in paradise but was informed I get something today... my high waisted mid thigh SPANX!!!! I am looking forward to seeing if they help at all with tightening up and holding me in lol. Mr super nice guy made me dinner last night... gluten free pizza (daiya, spinach, mushrooms, red onions, black olives) and bought me some chocolate almond dream ice cream (tasted like a brownie!!! and that is dangerous). Yesterday the scale said 173.6 today 174.4 no complaints cause that dinner was damn good! Not to mention I ate after 8:30 which I never eat that late. My running shoes I bought are not working out for me and I can't return them ....Found a oatmeal raisin breakfast cookie recipe and made a batch up. Need to get some fat in there cause it doesn't stay with me long but is a great idea for mornings I have to get going earlier than normal.

Cardio: 30 min run walk on treadmill (3.3 walk 5.5-7.0 run) 50 min gentle yoga, 30 min fat burner program step mill (10 min lvl 5, 20 min lvl 6)

Back and Biceps

Bent over row: 65 lbs 20 reps, 75 lbs 20 reps, 80 lbs 20 reps

superset

assisted pull ups: 3 sets 20 reps (last set took away one of bands)

rear delt band pulls underhand grip: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

Dumbbell row: 25 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

back extensions: 3 set 8 lbs 20 reps

Gian set

Band lat pull: 3 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell bicep curl: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

ball crunch with oblique crunch: 3 sets 30

Ok these here spanx are a pain to wiggle into and get situated in. I feel like I should only drink 2 liters of water a day now so that I don't run to the bathroom all the time! I need to get a couple more to alternate between. Why did I ever let myself get so damn fat!?!?!?!?

Ok working 7 days a week is hell. I went and bought another pair of spanx with the help of 2 sweet people! I can now alternate them although my pants no longer want to stay up. Next investments a belt and new workout pants! Yesterday was a total rest day did no working out and suffered from swollen feet by the time I went to bed grrr. Today I hit the gym before work to boost me up and then did a nice easy walk after work. Tried to color my hair yesterday but it didn't really take so will wait a couple weeks and try again. I am doing what I can to soften up my image instead of looking like Betty Badass all the time and intimidating everyone lol!

Cardio: 45 min lvl 5 fat burner program step mill, 30 min treadmill 3.0 2% incline

Ok today was a hot one... and the spanx made it even hotter! Today my trainer worked out with me and one of the other trainers, who is a chiropractic student, wants to work on my back/hip for me!!! I like having friends in good professions ! I couldn't help but overhear their conversation about how their GFs were on different pages than them and I was like Oh so you mean I am in the same boat as you guys and the guy who likes me is like the girls? My trainer said that I am basically a guy hahaha! They also told me I need a manly man and I said I can't find one cause they are all taken :/....

Cardio: 45 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner program.... was going to walk but it was close to 9 and I wanted to get home

Chest/shoulders/triceps

superset

Flat dumbbell bench: 20 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps

Swiss ball crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

Incline dumbbell bench: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

Pushups: 15 reps, 20 reps, 20 reps

superset

Arnold press: 3 sets 15 lbs 20 reps

Band rear delt w/ underhand grip: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

Kickbacks: 3 sets 10 lbs 20 reps

Dips with feet on chair: 3 sets 20 reps (shoes were slick feet kept trying to slide off. had to bend my knees and dig heels in)

I keep trying to talk my trainer into competing in at least the boardshort category cause well he already pretty much has the body for it and wouldn't really need to do much in the way of dieting. Maybe I can talk him into it.....

woot woot!

I wore Spanx once...oy...years ago for a tiny tiny pair of pants...again..oy

Target carries a line of "undergarments"- the "lower end" of Spanx ,and it says by the creator of Spanx RIGHT on the package...even us somewhat little peeps need a spanx now and then (that sounds kind of naughty...and kinda true )...but they have a bra that is back fat pudgeless..LOVE it ( when I wear a bra..I am addicted to sports bras in lieu of real lingerie and unlike some here, I can't (and won't) wear my mom's. However, my 16 year old daughter borrowed one of my sport bras just recent...lol.

What kind of running shoes did you get?

Keep it up Synny.

The bra is next lol. I do have that spanx you mentioned plus one by hanes

I prefer the hanes one. The running shoes I have that I can't run in are the nike free run. I have been sticking to my saucony cohesion ones that are really olds. Btw tried on a pair of size 13 denim capris and they fit beautifully. Tried on a large shirt was actually a bit on the loose side woot!

Today was a mentally challenging day for me. My client was not herself today and almost made me walk off the job and not go back. Got to sneak in a little extra cardio tonight in the form of mowing the front yard. Didn't have enough sun to do the backyard so maybe I will do some of the back tomorrow after legs training! Ready to put today behind me!

Cardio 20 min push mowing, 22 min recumb bike, 20 min lvl 6 fat burner step mill, 50 min boot camp

Love it...channel the inner runner...if i miss one thing...it is THAT. And lifting....and sex. No seriously...there is nothing as mentally stimulating than a long run, outside at 6 am ...watching a sunrise and knowing, like the Goddess Nike that "do it" thing. It kept me sane for years. But lifting and stairmill ripped me up...hmmm..wonder what the sex. Did????lol.

Hair stuff sounds fun...buy cheap clips at Claires and decorate yourself...i swear the soccer team moms were the most creative women i ever saw when it came to hair stuff for the girls. Must be why i was a runner mom...ball cap! (currently entering my 8th week of NO workouts...havent recovered not one iota from this scaitica BS thing. Gettig a bit soft and probably up 6 -8 pounds...maybe more but not too much from when i competed in Oct 2011. But soft. I got the ab pooch thing.yek. Need spanx!;). But relearning my food...again. All good (even when it doesnt feel it)

You inspire! Thanks for making my night!

Saucony is a good shoe. If you cant afford a new shoe, buy new insoles to give a bit more support. Any runner store or sports mart. Roadrunnersports.com is a phenomenal resource for stuff, and has the best online catalogue evah for the running afficianado!

I have an athletic insole in the Nike's. The Saucony I have might be well worn but are also to big so I need to watch for sales on them Never needed an insole for them at all. Just put on and hit the treadmill.

I LOVE the scale again today. Think I might have busted my plateau... 171.2!!!!!! I am almost there!!!!!