Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Good Beer Reviews
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:21 pm 
Elephant

[quote="C.O."Baby Herc, What is that thread called where you listed coconut milk quinoa recipe? I made my own take on it yesterday and it was really good. I want to see how you did it again and comment on that thread as well. [/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it. However, I reserve my personal recipes for friends who do not judge me publicly for my use of honey.

Baby Herc

Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 pm 
Elephant

C.O. wrote:
Baby Herc, What is that thread called where you listed coconut milk quinoa recipe? I made my own take on it yesterday and it was really good. I want to see how you did it again and comment on that thread as well.

Glad you enjoyed your experiment. My recipe is out-of-this-world good. However, I use honey, so you wouldn't be interested.

Baby Herc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:00 am 
VBB Moderator

You must have mis-read my comments. I love honey, I eat it, and I wasn't judging you. I was just surprised to see someone posting that they eat it on this site. Many do judge. I am not one of them though. :)

-Dylan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 am 
VBB Moderator

There is a bar in Brooklyn doing a Euro cup special $64 for 16 beers, one from each country playing in the eurocup. I hope it is still going on and wasn't just a one day thing. I'll post reviews of them all if I get the chance to try this deal out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 pm 
VBB Moderator

Haven't gotten to the 16 euro cup special beer bar yet, I have until the end of the cup to get there. Have any of you tried Ommegang? I have tried a couple of their beers I think but I can't remember which ones. I just found out they carry them at Trader Joes so I can get a discount. I think I liked them. Aw the problem with beer, if you drink to much of a variety you won't remember later which ones were the best....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:08 pm 
Elephant

This has got to be the most misnamed beer in history. Loser Pale Ale is simply delicious. http://www.elysianbrewing.com/beer/loser.html I'm not usually a woman for hops but the combo they have goin' on in this bottle is two inches away from addictive. It's sweet without being cloying, smooth without being mild, thick without being chunky. 7% will improve your mood in twenty minutes. Recommended as a gateway ale for stout and porter lovers. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/700/44568

Baby Herc :drinkers:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:24 pm 
VBB Moderator

Sounds like I need to try this Loser ale. This weekend I had the best beer I've had this summer so far, and possibly the best beer I've had in 2012, and possibly the best beer I've ever had in NY. Kentucky Bourbon Ale. Its by Alltech brewing company. Actually at a vegan friendly bar that serves vegan food and hosts vegan events there sometimes, called Pine Box Rock Shop. I've been there a few times before but this is a new release. If you like the sweet taste of bourbon you will love this beer. Its like having a shot dropped in your beer. Ooh and its 7% as well.

-Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:32 pm 
Elephant

I'm not into bourbon but I like the name of that bar. Rolls off the tongue. Hey, C.O., have you noticed we're basically the only two lushes inhabiting this thread? I think I need to reexamine my life. :lol: :partyman:

Baby Herc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:54 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yes I have noticed, but I don't let it get me down. No examination needed. When we live just as long and healthy as the straightedge folks and knowing the wonders and flavors of craft beers, we'll have the last laugh, and all the laughs prior as well, things are much funnier when inebriated.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:12 pm 
Gorilla

Oops, I just haven't been posting. Thinking about recent stuff ... the Sam Adams Homebrew winners were pretty good, particularly a Dark Night in Munich. Went through a bunch of He'brew, including a 13 and a 15, both delicious but deadly. The Victory Summer Love was ok, not great. Sweetwater Happy Ending was tasty this year.

Oh, Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. Yikes. Strong, delicious, but very bold. A sipping beer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:17 pm 
VBB Moderator

yes, blabbate, great to see herc and I aren't alone here. I've had the hoptimum and the victory summer, not a fan of either. Probably have a similar palate as you. I want to try the sweetwater happy ending. They name sounds intriguing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:02 pm 
Elephant

C.O. wrote:
Yes I have noticed, but I don't let it get me down. No examination needed. When we live just as long and healthy as the straightedge folks and knowing the wonders and flavors of craft beers, we'll have the last laugh, and all the laughs prior as well, things are much funnier when inebriated.

Hmm...good point. (glug, glug)

Baby Herc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:48 am 
Gorilla

C.O. wrote:
yes, blabbate, great to see herc and I aren't alone here. I've had the hoptimum and the victory summer, not a fan of either. Probably have a similar palate as you. I want to try the sweetwater happy ending. They name sounds intriguing.

I really liked the Hoptimum, but it was just too strong to drink much of. I can do a half of one, or nurse one over an hour or two. Tough for parties, though. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:54 am 
Gorilla

This weekend was the Jailhouse Summer Wheat, Breckenridge SummerBright Ale, Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest, and Unibroue La Fin Du Monde.

The Jailhouse was pretty good. Light and refreshing, not too sweet. Summery, but not citrusy. The SummerBright was fine, nothing special. The Harvest was tasty, but not as much of a saison taste as I expected. More of an IPA feel.

And the Fin Du Monde, of course, was delicious. As it always is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:02 pm 
VBB Moderator

Yup the fin du monde is a great beer. I just picked up a sample pack from Unibroue that included fin du monde, maudite, trois pistoles, and don de dieu. I haven't tried the other 3 yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next