Top Posters In This Topic

Loving everything about this mate! Well done
Cheers mate I love all the strongman stuff

Mon 25th June 2012

Bodyweight = 85.2kg

Squat (no belt)

1x2x120kg

1x1x140kg

1x2x152.5kg (most I'd done beltless before this was a single at 150kg, so PB)

Push Press

1x7x65kg (was nearly 8 but lost my balance on the last)

Strict Press

1x1x60kg

1x1x65kg

Barbell rows

1x5x70kg

1x5x75kg

1x5x80kg

Extremely happy with squats. Been a while since I've had a grinder of a rep. My pressing is looking much better on this workout. It looks like I'm starting to get into a good position overhead. Barbell rows my hamstrings were tight as fuck, haven't stretched properly in way over a week so done some foam rolling/stretching when I was home.

Great work with all your Strongman stuff mate, inspiring !!

Oh, weights are written back into my journal now haha.

Cheers man! I'll check it out

Wed 27th June 2012

Bodyweight = 84.9kg

Cambered bar squats (no belt)

1x5x85kg

1x5x105kg

1x5x125kg

Deadlift

1x5x150kg (no belt)

1x2x170kg (belt from this point)

1x1x185kg

1x5x200kg (new 5RM)

A DEADLIFT PB. FINALLY.

Cheers

Friday 29th June 2012

Bodyweight = 85.3kg

Log

60kg - clean & 3 press

65kg - clean & 3 press

65kg - 7x clean&press in 75 seconds

Yoke

200kg, 12m, 9.78 seconds

220kg, 12m, 8.84 seconds (quicker pickup, beat my time for 10m)

Farmers walk

75kg each hand, 40m (4 x 10m), 33.09 seconds

Fucked about with the new dog sled.

Stones

Not super high, about chest height or just under.

Had a 3-way rep off until we couldn't do anymore, so whilst the other 2 guys are lifting you get a chance to recover.

13 reps with 120kg stone. I have no idea how the fuck I managed this. After about 3 reps I thought I was nearing my limit. Just kept going and going. Died.

Cheers guys ;D

Mon 2nd July 2012

Bodyweight = 85.1kg

Squats (no belt)

1x5x90kg

1x8x110kg

Push Press

1x5x50kg

1x3x60kg

1x7x70kg

Strict Press

1x3x62.5kg (failed this few weeks back, good to nail it)

Squats were effortless, even went for a short pause on the last rep. Huge improvement in my push press. Haven't benched in ages but at least my overhead is improving.

Good work as always mate, I'm looking forward to making up a few videos again. I think they really add something to a journal.

Thought you might be interested to hear that one of my mates got 4th place at the Bro's V Pro's PL'ing bash at Poundstones gym this weekend just gone. He pulled a crazy 405 for 25 reps, pretty insane as I've been following his training leading up to it and he certainly works his arse off. Poundstone reportedly pulled 850 for a strong single.

Hope you had a good weekend anyway, take care and keep up the solid training MF.

Good work as always mate, I'm looking forward to making up a few videos again. I think they really add something to a journal.

Thought you might be interested to hear that one of my mates got 4th place at the Bro's V Pro's PL'ing bash at Poundstones gym this weekend just gone. He pulled a crazy 405 for 25 reps, pretty insane as I've been following his training leading up to it and he certainly works his arse off. Poundstone reportedly pulled 850 for a strong single.

Hope you had a good weekend anyway, take care and keep up the solid training MF.

Yeah man, when I worked out at the weightlifting club/home I used to do the videos myself. But now that I workout at my new job my boss does the videos, it's great More or less get one every session.

That's some crazy pulling endurance/strength! I'm not a big fan of doing long sets of deadlifts myself. If I do more than 6 or 7 reps someone has to come in with an oxygen mask.

Wed 4th July 2012

Bodyweight = 85.4kg

Cambered bar squats (no belt)

1x3x100kg

1x3x117.5kg

1x3x135kg

Wide grip pullups (finally able to do these after shoulder injury, been a while...)

1x9 +10kg dipping belt

1x9

1x5

Bench (first time in weeks!)

1x5x60kg

1x2x70kg

1x8x77.5kg

Hey mate. I thought I'd repost this in your jounal as you might find parts of interesting, just explaining my rationale for why adding in a light bench session ever now and then could be a good thing:

IMO, light bench days also help to open up the chest (opposite of the cumulative effect of heavier benching). I see this as beneficial in terms of strength/muscle development because muscle strength has a direct correlation with the cross directional size of the muscle. Light stretching/benching will help to open up the pectoralis major as well as offering needed relief on the tendons. While your bench continues to increase, the natural increases in muscle mass occur but your tendons progress at a much slower rate; this can become problematic as the vulnerability of the tendons become a higher risk factor due to the misalignment of collagen fibrils. Tendons become completely secondary to muscles in terms of strength and I can see how some physio's today think that this 'light benching' work offers some conditioning to the tendons that it otherwise wouldn't get, allowing for a little more 'proportionate' growth as well as possibly slightly reducing injury risk.

Have a great weekend, you training?

Hey Forklift! That's some good pulling, shame about the grip giving - definitely way more there. I used to speed bench but not benching much at all just now so just taking what I can get! I gots crazy DOMs from Wednesday in the pecs but feeling better today.

Fri 7th July 2012

Bodyweight = 85.7kg

Log

5x50kg

3x60kg

1x65kg

3x70kg (was only going to double it but felt really easy)

7x60kg

Farmers

12m, 95kg each hand

Run 1 - 8:43s

Run 2 - 7:41s

Run 3 - 7:88s

Yoke

40m (4x10m), 200kg, 55:08s

18" Deadlifts (belt)

1x3x190kg

1x3x210kg

1x3x230kg

Done 18" whilst everyone else done sled/circus DB/stones cause I missed it on Wednesday, wish I'd just went with the flow cause back feels a bit dodgy. Not terrible but I like to avoid it when possible. But anyway, decent numbers across the board. First time doing log at start of June, 70kg was an absolute 1RM and could only rep out 60kg for about 4. So big improvement there.

Had a wee bit too much of a wild one man. Club saturday night, didn't get home till 12 in the afternoon sunday. Done a couple of hours of work and had one meal. Fell asleep from 3:30pm to 1am - there went my Sunday! Felt really weak on Monday (not to mention dehydrated bodyweight) so just a maintenance workout

Mon 9th July 2012

Bodyweight = 84.6kg

Squats (no belt)

1x6x125kg

Push Press

1x6x62.5kg

Strict Press

1x4x55kg

Push press you use leg drive, strict press you don't. At least that's how we distinguish between it

Wed 11th July 2012

Bodyweight = 85.5kg

Bench Press

1x5x70kg

1x2x77.5kg

1x6x85kg

Wide grip Pullups

14, 5, 5

Busy as fuck at work today so went to the weightlifting club in Killie for a bench session with the powerlifters. New 6RM on Bench. Hopefully nail 100kg single soon

It should be higher. I've trained it consistently with the other lifts with similar rep ranges but it just moves slower. Long arms as well = good deadlift, shiter bench. I'm just glad it's on the way up!

Thu 12th July 2012

Cambered bar squat (no belt)

1x5x100kg

1x3x125kg

1x1x150kg

Bench

2x8x70kg

pause reps-

1x1x80kg

1x1x87.5kg (equal pause PB, and it was easy as fuck)

Good to nail the cambered bar. Wasn't even going to work out today cause back was dodgy earlier in week.

What's that cambered bar like for squats?

I've never used one before.

When I squat normally I use a low bar position. Cambered bar is high bar so I keep my torso very upright. The bar can kind of swing a bit if you let it.

Legendary strongman session at HQ on Friday -

Fri 13th July 2012

Bodyweight = 86.3kg

Log

1x3x60kg

1x1x70kg

1x2x75kg (PB)

Yoke

240kg for 12 metres in 13:88s (heaviest I've went in yoke)

Circus DB

31kg 2x3 each hand

42kg fail then got it with right hand

Medley

12 metres. 65kg of plates on dog sled, 140kg on duck walk.

Push sled, duck walk, pull sled.

1st Run - 37:47 seconds

2nd Run - 32:63 seconds

Stones

130kg - 3 fails, got it on the 4th PB

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j287/chewybaws/411917_10150942427604211_1691203570_o.jpg