Hi from Angers, France

Bleuz

Hi !

First, sorry for my poor english ....My names is Aurélien, 27 years old and I come from Angers, France. Currently I'm 85kg for 1m85 – 187lbs and 6'. I do french savate, wrestling, bodybuilding and learn scottish bagpipe.

I'm vegetarian since few years, fight for animals rights and want to be Vegan - I have to stop or replace eggs - but I need help with my diet because I have some food restrictions : low fiber diet, allergy to soybeans (ok with tofu), some raw fruits and nuts. I think this forum is the right place to share/ask about workout and diet plan.

Thank you for reading !

Edited by Bleuz

Bonjour! Welcome to the group.

For everyone else that is curious French savate looks really cool, I just google it. Looks like some MMA. Here is the first video that popped up for me.

I suggest you check out the journal section of this forum. See what people are eating and their workouts. The recipe section will also be helpful for you. Being allergic to soy is not uncommon, tons of people have this allergy and still eat a healthy diet. There are tons of good options out there. Look for things like hemp seeds, quinoa, kale, spinach, mushrooms, beans and lentils, yams and sweet potatoes, there are a million fruits and vegetables to eat out there as options to get all the nutrients that your body is in need of

-Dylan

Hello !

First form of Savate was a very free and complete style, it was called "Savate, lutte parisienne" but closer of Self-defense than MMA wich is a "ring sport". Anyway modern savate is an efficient methode of fight, each kick is deadly precise

I have a sort of irritable bowel syndrome so I can't eat too much fibers -hemp, cereals (except quinoa, white rice), lentils...etc. I will try to find some help with the forum. Thanks for your advice

• 1 month later...

Bonjour Bleuz,

I have family who have retired to France, near the Mayenne. Your English is wonderful, to my shame my French/writing speaking is terrible. So interesting you play the Scottish bagpipes. Nice to "meet" you, I hope you will get many diet ideas from the site.

• 6 months later...

Although I realize this topic has been silent for many months, I'm a vegan in France, and I'm highly motivated to meet any other vegans in the country (or anywhere on the continent, frankly).

I'm located in "the deep South", where being vegan is especially difficult in many respects (despite the local production of every fruit and vegetable imaginable).

I'm also assuming that I'm now going to build a home gym: my wife (also vegan) used to do powerlifting, and it would be nice if the two of us could push some real weight around here without using a public shower.

• 3 weeks later...