how much protein is needed ?

I know that bodybuilders should eat 2 gram protein for each KG.

But, I am not sure that is true. I've seen videos of raw vegan bodybuilders that eat very low protein and they have big muscles.

tim van orden explained that raw food does have enzymes that they are proteins.

I am vegan but i'm not raw. I want to be a raw vegan, but i can't do that now because my parents. but yes, I am eating pretty much fruits and vegetables, but not alot like raw vegans and fruitarians becuase my parents dont allow me to eat alot.

so, if I am vegan. how much protein is really needed? from what i've been understanding it's not protein deficiency, Calorie deficiency. is it true?

my parents dont allow me to eat alot.

wtf?!

The recommended minimum intake for protein is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body-weight.

For athletes, the recommendation is a bit higher. Some researchers believe that vegetarian and vegan athletes need higher protein intakes because the quality of protein may be slightly less. I personally don't think this is necessarily true provided your protein sources are diverse (nuts, seeds, legumes, rice, grains, etc).

On studies done with Olympic athletes, it was found that a protein intake in excess of 1.4 grams per kilogram of body-weight did not provide further benefits.

I am 160 lbs (73 kg), and my daily goal for protein is at least 73 g, representing 1 g per kg.

I find it hard to consistently get more than about 75 grams per day since I am not home to cook very often and I don't take any supplements or protein powders, etc. I usually just carry a bag of almonds and a jar of peanut butter around with me, and then I have lentils for dinner.

Most of the guys at my gym would say that 75 grams per day is not enough for a heavy lifter, but I am stronger than most of them, so I try not to let it bother me. Too much protein can be stressful for the kidneys anyway. I think Calories and micro-nutrients are of more importance. I consistently get more than 3500 kcal per day, and I usually get at least 100% of the daily value for all of the vitamins and minerals through real food. Sufficient calories and vitamins and minerals is of utmost importance in my opinion.

my parents dont allow me to eat alot.

wtf?!

The recommended minimum intake for protein is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body-weight.

For athletes, the recommendation is a bit higher. Some researchers believe that vegetarian and vegan athletes need higher protein intakes because the quality of protein may be slightly less. I personally don't think this is necessarily true provided your protein sources are diverse (nuts, seeds, legumes, rice, grains, etc).

On studies done with Olympic athletes, it was found that a protein intake in excess of 1.4 grams per kilogram of body-weight did not provide further benefits.

I am 160 lbs (73 kg), and my daily goal for protein is at least 73 g, representing 1 g per kg.

I find it hard to consistently get more than about 75 grams per day since I am not home to cook very often and I don't take any supplements or protein powders, etc. I usually just carry a bag of almonds and a jar of peanut butter around with me, and then I have lentils for dinner.

Most of the guys at my gym would say that 75 grams per day is not enough for a heavy lifter, but I am stronger than most of them, so I try not to let it bother me. Too much protein can be stressful for the kidneys anyway. I think Calories and micro-nutrients are of more importance. I consistently get more than 3500 kcal per day, and I usually get at least 100% of the daily value for all of the vitamins and minerals through real food. Sufficient calories and vitamins and minerals is of utmost importance in my opinion.

thanks for the answer man

p.s

i think you Understanding me wrong. I ment that she doesn't allow to eat alot of fruits, not alot of food.

Breast milk contains 2.5% to 5% protein and this is sufficient for a time when doubling and tripling in weight and size are very crucial.

This guy built his muscles (and he WAS pretty scrawny before) on mostly fruit, which contains anywhere from 5-10% protein.

Eat whole foods and make sure you get enough calories, from where ever you are getting them. Stop counting protein and fat because it is in everything you will ever eat and you couldn't get away from it if you tried!

• 3 weeks later...

Morning meal is regarded as the most crucial meal of all the meals. Essentially, it must include things like certain foods low in fat along with full of protein. Your protein absorption need to go on throughout the day. Your gastrointestinal system creates amino acids by simply breaking the proteins, and additionally your body takes advantage of them to revive the muscles and also cells, how much protein per day to gain muscle, whilst all of our body organs hydrated. Athletes are specially taking good care of the proteins plus the quantities these people ingest. The reason is proteins assist them to develop powerful muscle tissue. For serious weightlifters, a good high-protein morning meal is crucial.

Most likely the greatest protein source are eggs. The actual proteins present in chicken eggs are extremely useful since they fit in with the group of complete proteins. These proteins within chicken eggs are subsequently broken into aminos. That egg yolk is rather useful mainly because of the proteins, saturated fats as well as good cholesterol its content has. We feel you really don’t need to have almost any recipes on how to prepare eggs, since just about everyone can make some kind of omelet as well as boil eggs.

Tofu is a complete protein (and unlike eggs, it is vegan).. so you could have a tofu scramble.

These are the best answers I've found on protein requirements online.

I think you need a bit more protein when you first start working out and are building quite fast, but as your gains slow down you will need less protein.. ie. not whole lot more than the average person.