What are the bulkers eating???

If you look in the post an article thread there's a link to an extreme version of boring but big from 5/3/1.

Vegansludge: that's great news on the appetite kicking in more. Thats about the best clue to adjust your training to.

I can't say enough good things about 5/3/1 & the 2nd edition has so many templates it's fantastic. All I can say is follow it accordingly. Adding chins between pressing & benching has helped me immensely

Edited by veggiesasquatch

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vegansludge: that's great news on the appetite kicking in more. Thats about the best clue to adjust your training to.

I can't say enough good things about 5/3/1 & the 2nd edition has so many templates it's fantastic. All I can say is follow it accordingly. Adding chins between pressing & benching has helped me immensely

Maybe it's just psychological but after my past three or four work-outs, I have been insanely hungry.

And the excel sheet would be great. I actually think I'm going to cut my cycle of PHAT short and just do 10 weeks instead of 12 so I can take a week to deload, test my working sets, and then jump right into 5/3/1.

Pm me ur addy & I'll fire the excel sheet over. It works perfectly I sat & worked the lifts myself it's great. check my log I blogged today's workout

As of tomorrow I'm gonna be having a shake with every meal I eat. X2 scoops I've been mixed brown rice with quiona last few days, feeling strong,give it a bash. Quater cup of each dried to make a cup (or like me more

I will say that since increasing calories and lifting heavy, my strength and size has been going up noticably. Funny thing is, I don't even do protein powders any longer. I just increase calories and the protein takes care of itself.

For lunch I just had an apple and two sandwiches. One Almond butter and jelly on whole wheat and one peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat.

• 3 months later...
Powders are just conveinent. Food will always out do them...

x 2.

x 3 and cannot be stressed enough. Supplements are just that - supplements. I see new lifters in my gym downing protein shakes during their workout. It's just so unfortunate because I used to do the same thing because of what stores and other bro-lifters told me. Now I've become so psychologically dependent on protein/preworkout/etc that I don't see myself ever not spending money on them.

The only sports supps I use regularly are Beta Alanine, protein and creatine. My PreWO is a large espresso ~ cheap and effective.

Creatine and protein are the two things you can have relative confidence in spending your money on, save the rest of your $$$ for good quality food.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

It is very fine article. I think food is so much important matter. I think the bulkers eating so much milk related food. Naturally it has so much protein. And they should remove oily foods. It harmful for health.

The list can be like this . . .

Barley/Vegetable soup

Barley

Rice

Broccoli

Spinach- I consider this and broccoli extremely important.

Carrots

Beets

Almonds/Walnuts/Pumpkin Seeds

Some Tofu

Some Tempeh

Garbanzo Beans

Green Split Peas

Bananas and Berries in smoothies

And must be so much water.

Bulkers need to eat a great diet with a high calorific value and other nutrients.

But when it is is around me, I dont clean bulk, way too lazy. I eat granola bars, protein bars, cups of fruit (only fruit in 100% juice or all natural), nuts, raisins, crackers etc.

But when it is about bulking you should follow a good diet plan

Example:

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs with spinach

Snack: 200g cottage cheese with apple

Lunch: 1 can of tuna with bok choy

Snack: 500ml raw milk and banana

Post workout: 1 scoop whey with oats & 500ml milk

Dinner: 150g chicken breast with pasta & broccoli

Pre bed: 200g cottage cheese with berries & flax seeds

Each to their own but there's far too much dairy/whey in there for me, my sinuses would be stuffed after a day of eating like that lol.

I'm all for clean bulking though ~ this is one of my favourite meals right now...

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/download/file.php?id=2049

For me I choose to emphasise foods like brown rice, lentils, soaked oats, EFA's, lots of fruit & veges, homemade muesli etc etc. You can't expect to grow if you aren't feeding your body sufficient (and high quality) calories.

Bulkers need to eat a great diet with a high calorific value and other nutrients.

But when it is is around me, I dont clean bulk, way too lazy. I eat granola bars, protein bars, cups of fruit (only fruit in 100% juice or all natural), nuts, raisins, crackers etc.

But when it is about bulking you should follow a good diet plan

Example:

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs with spinach

Snack: 200g cottage cheese with apple

Lunch: 1 can of tuna with bok choy

Snack: 500ml raw milk and banana

Post workout: 1 scoop whey with oats & 500ml milk

Dinner: 150g chicken breast with pasta & broccoli

Pre bed: 200g cottage cheese with berries & flax seeds

personal trainer new jersey

I take this diet plan is a joke? Just to add even so...this is barely enough food for a bulk, where's the carbs for one?