Best purchases of your life?

C.O.

What would you say are the best purchases you have made in your life? I was thinking about this the other day, realizing that I get compliments almost daily when I wear short sleeves or shorts on my tattoos. Glad I spent the money and the time to find really good artists and pick out things that I really loved.

For me the list goes something like this:

Gifts that I have given that have made others really happy.

Plane tickets, traveling is one of the best ways I have found to spend money if I have it. I feel smarter and personally richer for having traveled and I would love to do much more of it.

Quality foods. At the grocery store and at good restaurants.

and at the bottom of my list but still included: My tattoos, computers, cell phone, education

Love to hear from some of you on this,

-Dylan

My Chevy Silverado 4x4 and every tank of gas I ever put into it. I've seen most of the Rocky Mountains in that truck, beauty beyond reason in every season, felt a freedom and release that sleep and dreams could never copy, and it opened my world up to remarkable friends in remote, hard to get to places. It even saved my life a few times.

Every annual gym pass, ever.

My electric kettle.

Each digital camera.

Monka. She was actually free but she was worth more than I could ever pay, so it was a freakin' steal.

My first Tarot deck. I no longer use them as they were more like flashcards for far greater things but they heralded a gateway into an extraordinary autodidactic journey along the imaginary line between science and consciousness.

My first bomber of Guiness.

Every deep magenta piece of jewelry and article of clothing I've ever worn.

Internet service.

Baby Herc

Every purchase I have never made.

"I had three pieces of limestone on my desk, but I was terrified to find that they required to be dusted daily, when the furniture of my mind was all undusted still, and threw them out the window in disgust. " - Thoreau

Philosophical point aside, I do still love my Vitamix and my safety razor shaver. My phone is very useful, as is my laptop. Other than that, I think everything I own is quite dispensable!

Every purchase I have never made.

"I had three pieces of limestone on my desk, but I was terrified to find that they required to be dusted daily, when the furniture of my mind was all undusted still, and threw them out the window in disgust. " - Thoreau

Awesome. Explains so well why I am a minimalist interior decorator. People used to walk into my home office and exclaim, "Where IS everything?" Then, I switched friends. Now, they walk in and breathe, "Oh, man, it's so SOOTHING in here! I didn't now you practiced Zen!"

Baby Herc

Good responses. I liked Divamom's very much, there isn't a better use of your money than putting it towards the well being of your children. I hope to have some some day to spend my time, money and affection on.

That's easy. Best $20 I ever spent, in the parking lot of a Walmart!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7048/6936957425_0d50d6587f.jpg

Chester getting a heating pad after having hip surgery.

The $20 went to animal control, he was already fixed and four years old so he was on discount.

I loved it. Amazing hiking and beautiful scenery! I saw some Amanita mushrooms and was almost tempted because I heard they are a really wild hallucinogenic experience but thought better of it out in the middle of a long hike in the wilderness haha.

I had planned to see Christchurch originally but I was there during the time of the earthquake so that changed my itinerary up a bit.