Who takes Vega?

robert

Newbie Vegan Bodybuilder here. What is the difference between Vega Protein Powder & Vega SPORT Protein Powder. I know a large tub of Vega only has 15svgs in it and cost $75 at my local Whole Foods. A tub of Vega SPORT has 30svgs in it and cost $10 less.

Vega sport is an actual protein powder.

the other Vega tub is a whole food meal replacement, recently renamed to a health optimizer. it's an ideal breakfast with almond hemp or soymilk. add a banana and make a smoothie with it, and you'll be full for hours..

it contains a full multivitamin, berry complex, serving of chlorella and maca, and is basically everything your body needs in a low calorie package.

the vega sport protein is the same amount protein but a different formula specifically for recovery, like any other protein powder.

I've been eating the Vega Health Optimizer for years every day as a breakfast. It fills you up instantly and even if you don't get around to eating lunch for a while longer than usual you won't feel bad. for $5 a serving it's awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been using the VEGA Complete powders in my smoothies for about a year now. I haven't tried the bars, the Performance Optimizer, the Recovery Accelerator, the oil, etc. What do you guys recommend? And, what flavors?

xoxo

The Performance Optimizer is the only pre-work out supplement I've ever tried that I've felt actually gave me an edge when lifting. I have yet to try the recovery accelerator and haven't found a place around me that carries the bars to try them out, though.

Hey everyone, first post!

Just wondering if I can get Vega products down here in Australia, if not which sites are best for shipping to Aus?

Thanks

Nic

Hemp isn't classified as a human-safe food in Australia, so you run the risk of customs swiping your goods on entry to the country... This has never happened to me thus far. I've had plenty of Vega samples arrive safely, and a few other miscellaneous hemp-containing foods. There is some pro-hemp lobbying going on at the moment, though. Google the petitions and sign 'em!

• 4 weeks later...

Vega is actually what helped me find this site. I was looking up ambassadors and found RC. I sent off an email telling him thanks for vegan and a bodybuilder, I did not think they could co-inside. RC found me on Facebook, and I have been a supporter ever since. I order from Vegan Proteins a lot, they are great people. I order 90%of my supplements from them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta admit, I'm kind of in love with these now...

http://vegasport.com/recover/performance-protein

The packets are a lifesaver when I'm in a hurry. AND... I've always had a problem with the price of Vega (even though I know they are very high quality ingredients... blah, blah, blah )

BUT.. having said that, I now find the price a tad justifiable for this product because...

1) I don't have to buy Glutamine anymore if I'm supplementing with these. Since 2 servings daily utilizes 10 grams of glutamine (which is what i aim for), I'm getting it all in one

2) The convenience of those little packages when I'm in a hurry is a lifesaver. I just keep several in my glove box so I can have it as my protein in a pinch.

3) Mixes SO SO easily with water.

4) They have improved the taste of Vega protein tremendously. Can't speak for the other varieties but the performance protein Berry flavor tastes really good; much better than I remember it tasting.

So I am going to be supplementing with this regularly now... Great product!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I need to get some Vega One and some more protein powder but was looking at the protein bars. Would they be a good choice for a quick grab snack or when I'm traveling or are they really just designed for post workout recovery?

• 4 weeks later...

Bars are best for snacks and between meals. Post-workout you want a more isolated protein, that digests quicker than a solid bar, like a shake.

Here is a sweet testimonial of one of my clients who swears by Brendan Brazier's Thrive and Vega:

http://www.billyprusinowski.blogspot.com/2012/06/amazing-santa-cruz-personal-training.html

She's looks G-G-G-RRRRRRRRRRRREAT too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I take almost all of the Vega Sport products and also use the Vega One nutritional shake. I read his book and have had great luck with their products supporting my training needs. BugsB, I snack on the protein bars all the time! I train 6 days a week, 2 hours a day and need the extra nutrition to keep up my recovery.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone do anything special with their protein powders? Recently what I've been doing with the Sunwarrior protein is one scoop of chocolate and vanilla (1ea), a spoonful of peanut butter, a frozen banana, and almond milk and making a morning smoothie with all that. It's really good tasting but drinking it every morning does get a bit old (and time consuming when you have a shitty blender).

I use vega too, and think it'd be great to somehow fit it into something with a little extra nutrients... all the flavors taste gross to me in water by the way, but I love putting them in almond milk.

Well,

Here in Brazil 1L(0.2 gallons) of almond milk is as expensive as 60L(15 gallons) of water or 5L(1.3 gallon) of soy milk.

You are a lucky guy to have this available =) Sometimes I make my own almond milk, but it is way too time consuming.

My current protein powder is some industrial soy isolate made of non GMO soy beans. It is flavorless, just plain soy protein isolate. Man this stuff is nasty! It gets the job done but it is like taking medicine. I tried to make it taste better in a lot of different ways and the only good combination I could make so far was to mix it with bananas, pure cocoa powder, water and a tiny little bit of brown sugar if the bananas aren't tasting so sweet.

Man, I dream the day I could afford to use only Vega supplements, I got some samples from veganproteins.com and I think Vega tastes great with cold water, but I'm used to this nasty soy isolate. Not complaining about the price, Vega has a fair price, but customs almost triple the price.

Well,

Here in Brazil 1L(0.2 gallons) of almond milk is as expensive as 60L(15 gallons) of water or 5L(1.3 gallon) of soy milk.

You are a lucky guy to have this available =) Sometimes I make my own almond milk, but it is way too time consuming.

You're right, I feel very lucky to live in a part of the world where both vegan supplements and things like Almond Milk are very cheap to acquire.

My current protein powder is some industrial soy isolate made of non GMO soy beans. It is flavorless, just plain soy protein isolate. Man this stuff is nasty! It gets the job done but it is like taking medicine. I tried to make it taste better in a lot of different ways and the only good combination I could make so far was to mix it with bananas, pure cocoa powder, water and a tiny little bit of brown sugar if the bananas aren't tasting so sweet.

It can't be any worse than the post-workout creatine I started taking! It is supposed to be blue raspberry flavored, but tastes like liquid cotton candy and cough medicine. I have to hold my nose when I drink the 8oz.

On a side note, what is really tasty is if you take a vega protein bar and dip each bite in all natural crunchy peanut butter. Mmm. Being a vegan is tasty.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there!

Just a little question, i hope someone can help me . I'm buying my first tub of vega performance protein, I can't decide between vanilla and berries: wich do you think has the best flavour ? I've always consumed vegaone in chocolate and i love it, i love vanilla too in general but i never tried berries protein powder, i'm really courios. Is vega berry flavour tasty?

Can't help you with the Berry Flavour, but the Vanilla Flavor has a strong and sweet Vanilla taste. It's not the fake vanilla taste of other supplements, it really tastes like vanilla. =)

If you order through veganproteins.com you can ask for a free sample along with your order so you can try the other flavors.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...