Vegan Curious

Cown

Had a great time in the gym..I'm trying doing specific muscle groups instead of whole upper body, and I had intended to do back/biceps today but out of pure habit I went to the bench press to start and didn't realize until I was half way through warm up. So today became a chest/triceps day. I did 3 exercises for each, then attempted to do pushups (alternating sets between bosu ball pushups and tricep pushups) to finish, but my arms were going to give out, they just wouldn't stop shaking. I figure that meant I did some solid work

Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you guessed right. Shaking arms usually mean that you have been putting the work in and can often be an indicator that you have done more than enough for the day hehe. Good work as well btw!

I still had to try! lol I managed about 15 - 20 push ups total. Couldn't stop laughing when my arms were shaking though, made it harder to focus!

Got in a back/biceps workout yesterday...it was ok. My form didn't feel like where it should be so the workout felt kinda off.

Went in early today to get in a workout with a friend before he went into work. I taught him some shoulder and ab exercises and destroyed my shoulders in the process It's still pretty hard for me to do ab work with my leg the way it is, but I did a little bit of everything I was teaching him. Pretty decent workout.

How do you find it training with a guy compared to training with a girl (or training alone)?

Hope you have a great weekend, you have much planned?

I've never trained with either before...I've gone to the gym with a guy before, but we did our own things. I have gone with my female boss to classes, but that doesn't really count.

I found that getting him up and moving for another set or a couple more reps made me more willing and able, as well. Other than that, it was more distracting than anything because I was there with him to teach him. I wasn't entirely focused on my own technique because I was trying to watch him as well and give him tips.

I'm having a "girl's night" tomorrow - yikes! lol I don't really do girly things...at all, but I want to go see Magic Mike and it's not really a guy movie haha so I'm going out with some of the girls for dinner and a movie! Hitting the gym beforehand, of course

Hope all is well on your end!

How is your leg feeling lately Cown?

Better for the most part..Provided I don't lift from the ground, do wide stance squats, or use it to generate force of any kind, save walking. Now that I'm back home, I'll be getting into physio hopefully very soon.

Thanks for asking

Better for the most part..Provided I don't lift from the ground, do wide stance squats, or use it to generate force of any kind, save walking. Now that I'm back home, I'll be getting into physio hopefully very soon.

Thanks for asking

So it's basically stuffed then ?!

Hehe, just joking. Hope you had a fab weekend. What did you get up to?

Thanks for asking

So it's basically stuffed then ?!

Hehe, just joking. Hope you had a fab weekend. What did you get up to?

It's stuffed? lol I have no idea what that means. If it means useless, then yes, yes it is lol I lowered a surgery patient to the floor this morning, and it's felt brutal since. She was a tiny dog, only 17kg, so I thought it would be fine, but apparently not..

First physio appt is booked for monday..here's hoping they can tell me something useful.

I had a 'girl's night' with a couple of my closest friends...I had a fantastic time = ) Dinner and a movie, followed by a sleep over. Quality way to finish off my holidays.

And of course I hit the gym, too = )

Hit chest and triceps today..since I was at work I was in my 'weaker' gym, but I still did pretty well. Some dude made a move to help me with the last rep in one of my sets on flat bench, then looked pretty impressed when he realized he wasn't needed haha

Bench press - 65lb x 10, 75lb x 8, 85lb x 4 (2 sets), 65lb x 8, 45lb (empty bar) x 12 (last set hurt like hell)

*Intended to use pec deck here, but as there's only one, it was hard to get time*

Tricep cable push downs - 60lb (I think?? The weight is still confusing) x 10 x 3 sets

Tricep cable extensions - 60lb (maybe..lol) x 10 x 3 sets

Bench dips w/ feet on stability ball, 25lb plate on lap - 10 x 3 sets

Pec Deck (Finally!) - 60lb x 12 x 3 sets

20 decline pushups

My arms still feel heavy..I'd say it was a solid workout.

Hanging out with some friends before a big party on June 30th..Hell of a way to kick of Canada Day!

Anyone have tips on how I can get rid of that pudge at the top of my shirt?? I HATE that!

1828204949_P6260928(455x800).thumb.jpg.da2a134bafc9f7cf9cbdfa914a995072.jpg

Nice pic, sounds like you would have a good night out !! Doesn't look much of a 'pudge' TBH, probably just because the top part of your dress is tight that's all.

Great work on the bench pressing btw, looking like you are definately getting stronger!

lol That's most definitely not a dress...I don't wear them, I think they look strange on me (too much of a tomboy, I guess).

I can lift more than that on bench..In other gyms I have been doing 95lb, but I just wasn't sure I could do it in that gym. Disturbed came on my mp3 when I started bench yesterday..really got me goin'

First physio appt is tomorrow morning, but now I've got to have 2 areas assessed. There's something wrong with my rotator cuff now, too. I went to the gym on thursday for some shoulder and ab work, but had to stop on my third shoulder exercise..I can pop the joint, and when I extend my arm backwards and apply pressure, I cause a cracking or grinding-like feeling..So needless to say I haven't been in the gym. I have been avoiding lifting or putting pressure on my shoulder, and it feels just fine at the moment, but after going through this for the last several months with my leg, I know that as soon as I do something, it'll still hurt.

Here's hoping for good news tomorrow!

I had a pretty busy weekend..left shortly after work on saturday to go stay at a friend's for the night, then had 2 family birthdays on sunday, plus more of hanging out with friends who are still in my hometown, then home on monday. Since then I've been babysitting 3 dogs lol

Sadly, I have no workouts to write up..Rest doesn't feel like it's doing anything for my shoulder.

First physio appointment was on monday..I go back in two weeks, by which point my ultrasound will be done and we'll hopefully have a better idea of what's going on. The physiotherapist has no idea what's wrong with my leg lol but I have a couple exercises to work on..however I'm still sore from doing it monday

Anyway, that's my update.

• 3 weeks later...

Had my ultrasound on wednesday..the technician didn't see anything obviously wrong, the only things popping up were 2 lymph nodes, but they were normal. I go see the doctor this wednesday, and re-visit the physiotherapist right after.

Fingers crossed!

Just as the tech said, no abnormalities on my ultrasound...I think I'd prefer that it was muscular and I could now know what's wrong. Next step is an arthrogram to determine if the problem is with the actual hip joint...it'll also determine if I need surgery. The wait for this test is pretty lengthy, so until then I'm to continue with physio and hope that it helps and that I won't need any testing..

I did show moderate improvement with the movement tests today, so there's a glimmer of hope, but the new physio exercises hurt me quite a bit...a lot more than I thought they would considering how well I've been doing. *sigh*

My diet has been derailed for the last few weeks, too, but fortunately I've discovered that excessive amounts of fruit (oddly enough, mostly grapes..) keep me from craving most bad things. I'm doing significantly better with eating since realizing that.

As far as my shoulder goes, it doesn't feel great at the moment, but it's so, so much better than what it was, so I think I'm going to start exercising it tomorrow..That will at least get me in the gym for at least a few minutes, and being there will encourage me to do my physio exercises, and likely just make me happier in general lol

So tentative plan for the next 3 weeks (until next physio appt):

Excessive intake of fruits, shoulder rehab, physio 'homework', and maybe some hot tob/sauna time to encourage fat loss a little bit..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm improving at a fairly good rate, now...I think lol Considering the pain I was in from both joints.

Going into the gym daily to do my physio exercises has made me feel better mentally...takes away my withdrawl I guess haha

My range of motion in both joints is improving quite a bit which is really encouraging. I don't even limp after doing the exercises for my leg anymore.

Today I was quite pleased with my should exercises because I was able to increase from a 2.5lb weight to a 5lb! haha It's so sad, but I'm happy with any step forward, no matter how small!