Same foods everyday?

Can this be healthy? I know competitive bodybuilders tend to eat similar meals each day, but they vary their meals throughout the season. Could it be that there is a combination of foods out there that could be eaten every day and would not lead to vitamin/mineral deficiency or toxicity?

I go by the rules everything in moderation or that too much of anything is bad for you. I think variety is better/safer to make sure you are getting all micronutrients and not getting too much of anything toxic (like in avocados). I do have my staples and favorites tho which I eat fairly regularly (several times a week or a few times a month), but nothing that I really eat every day.

I worked with someone once who ate an apple, orange and banana for lunch every day; I seriously doubt I would enjoy that myself, but he felt it kept him healthy. I imagine you would need to make do with less variety if you were impoverished.. but thankfully I'm not at this time.

• 1 month later...
I worked with someone once who ate an apple, orange and banana for lunch every day; I seriously doubt I would enjoy that myself, but he felt it kept him healthy.

Oh, man, I just had a flashback to a highly weird man I dated many years ago who ate the same thing every night: a plate of 16-bean made with water in a crock pot, a piece of Ak-Mak, and a large leaf of red cabbage. I mean EVERY NIGHT--no spices, no oils, no flavor to speak of. I just know he was shopping for a stay at home wife.

Baby Herc

• 2 weeks later...

Your body processes all the same foods the same way. So when you get into a routine of eating the same meals every day, you may experience a plateau (assuming you're looking for weight loss results). So it's definitely good to change it up a little bit, at least every once in a while!