Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:25 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
How do you find it training with a guy compared to training with a girl (or training alone)?

Hope you have a great weekend, you have much planned?

I've never trained with either before...I've gone to the gym with a guy before, but we did our own things. I have gone with my female boss to classes, but that doesn't really count.
I found that getting him up and moving for another set or a couple more reps made me more willing and able, as well. Other than that, it was more distracting than anything because I was there with him to teach him. I wasn't entirely focused on my own technique because I was trying to watch him as well and give him tips.

I'm having a "girl's night" tomorrow - yikes! lol I don't really do girly things...at all, but I want to go see Magic Mike and it's not really a guy movie haha so I'm going out with some of the girls for dinner and a movie! Hitting the gym beforehand, of course :)
Hope all is well on your end!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:26 pm 
Rabbit

How is your leg feeling lately Cown?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 pm 
Manatee

buffsummers wrote:
How is your leg feeling lately Cown?

Better for the most part..Provided I don't lift from the ground, do wide stance squats, or use it to generate force of any kind, save walking. Now that I'm back home, I'll be getting into physio hopefully very soon.
Thanks for asking :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 am 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Cown wrote:
Better for the most part..Provided I don't lift from the ground, do wide stance squats, or use it to generate force of any kind, save walking. Now that I'm back home, I'll be getting into physio hopefully very soon.

So it's basically stuffed then ?!

Hehe, just joking. Hope you had a fab weekend. What did you get up to?

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:17 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Cown wrote:

So it's basically stuffed then ?!

Hehe, just joking. Hope you had a fab weekend. What did you get up to?

It's stuffed? lol I have no idea what that means. If it means useless, then yes, yes it is lol I lowered a surgery patient to the floor this morning, and it's felt brutal since. She was a tiny dog, only 17kg, so I thought it would be fine, but apparently not..
First physio appt is booked for monday..here's hoping they can tell me something useful.

I had a 'girl's night' with a couple of my closest friends...I had a fantastic time = ) Dinner and a movie, followed by a sleep over. Quality way to finish off my holidays.
And of course I hit the gym, too = )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:23 pm 
Manatee

Hit chest and triceps today..since I was at work I was in my 'weaker' gym, but I still did pretty well. Some dude made a move to help me with the last rep in one of my sets on flat bench, then looked pretty impressed when he realized he wasn't needed haha

Bench press - 65lb x 10, 75lb x 8, 85lb x 4 (2 sets), 65lb x 8, 45lb (empty bar) x 12 (last set hurt like hell)
*Intended to use pec deck here, but as there's only one, it was hard to get time*
Tricep cable push downs - 60lb (I think?? The weight is still confusing) x 10 x 3 sets
Tricep cable extensions - 60lb (maybe..lol) x 10 x 3 sets
Bench dips w/ feet on stability ball, 25lb plate on lap - 10 x 3 sets
Pec Deck (Finally!) - 60lb x 12 x 3 sets
20 decline pushups

My arms still feel heavy..I'd say it was a solid workout.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:47 pm 
Manatee

Hanging out with some friends before a big party on June 30th..Hell of a way to kick of Canada Day!

Anyone have tips on how I can get rid of that pudge at the top of my shirt?? I HATE that!

Attachments:
P6260928 (455x800).jpg
P6260928 (455x800).jpg [ 235.26 KiB | Viewed 2052 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 pm 

Nice pic, sounds like you would have a good night out !! Doesn't look much of a 'pudge' TBH, probably just because the top part of your dress is tight that's all.

Great work on the bench pressing btw, looking like you are definately getting stronger!

Image @MiniForklift

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:48 am 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Nice pic, sounds like you would have a good night out !! Doesn't look much of a 'pudge' TBH, probably just because the top part of your dress is tight that's all.

Great work on the bench pressing btw, looking like you are definately getting stronger!

lol That's most definitely not a dress...I don't wear them, I think they look strange on me (too much of a tomboy, I guess).
I can lift more than that on bench..In other gyms I have been doing 95lb, but I just wasn't sure I could do it in that gym. Disturbed came on my mp3 when I started bench yesterday..really got me goin' :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:59 pm 
Manatee

First physio appt is tomorrow morning, but now I've got to have 2 areas assessed. There's something wrong with my rotator cuff now, too. I went to the gym on thursday for some shoulder and ab work, but had to stop on my third shoulder exercise..I can pop the joint, and when I extend my arm backwards and apply pressure, I cause a cracking or grinding-like feeling..So needless to say I haven't been in the gym. I have been avoiding lifting or putting pressure on my shoulder, and it feels just fine at the moment, but after going through this for the last several months with my leg, I know that as soon as I do something, it'll still hurt.
Here's hoping for good news tomorrow!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:22 pm 

Do you do any warmup work before you do your pressing movements?

Since I started doing that I no longer have any problems, takes me about 10mins or so.

Image @MiniForklift

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:14 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Do you do any warmup work before you do your pressing movements?

Since I started doing that I no longer have any problems, takes me about 10mins or so.

What kind of warm up do you do?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:16 pm 

Light stretching to open the chest up a little, then 2-3 light & higher rep sets of dumbbell side lateral raises, front raises and some rotator cuff work. Takes me about 10mins but well worth it.

Image @MiniForklift

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 pm 

Hope you have had a good week and an even better weekend!

What do you have on the cards, any more girls nights out?

Image @MiniForklift

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:00 am 
Manatee

I had a pretty busy weekend..left shortly after work on saturday to go stay at a friend's for the night, then had 2 family birthdays on sunday, plus more of hanging out with friends who are still in my hometown, then home on monday. Since then I've been babysitting 3 dogs lol

Sadly, I have no workouts to write up..Rest doesn't feel like it's doing anything for my shoulder.
First physio appointment was on monday..I go back in two weeks, by which point my ultrasound will be done and we'll hopefully have a better idea of what's going on. The physiotherapist has no idea what's wrong with my leg lol but I have a couple exercises to work on..however I'm still sore from doing it monday :?
Anyway, that's my update.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next