Day 15 - Routine A
So, I've cut back my calories a bit, and will continue to do so for the next 4-6 weeks, in order to correct for some fat that I seem to have gained a little bit more quickly than I would have expected. The plan is to diet it off, then slowly adjust the calories until I start seeing gains again. I'll be sticking with Starting Strength because I'm really enjoying it, but I expect to see my progress slow, if not plateau. Today is day 3 of the diet and, although I think it's largely psychological, squatting felt difficult for the first time since beginning the Starting Strength program. Everything else still felt good and saw progress.
- Warm up - 5 minutes walk to the gym.
- Warm up sets: 2x5x45lbs, 1x5x70lbs, 1x3x110lbs, 1x2x145lbs
- Working sets: 1x5x185lbs. Then 185 for the first rep of set 2, after which I dropped it down to 175lbs for the remaining reps of set 2 and all of set 3.
- Bench Press
- Warm up sets: 2x5x45lbs, 1x5x70lbs, 1x3x100lbs, 1x2x130lbs
- Working sets: 3x5x145lbs
- Power Cleans
- Warm up sets: 2x5x45lbs, 1x5x85lbs, 1x3x105lbs, 1x2x130lbs
- Working sets: 2x3x155lbs - Was feeling really good on this lift; my form is getting much better. But, I was really pressed for time and had to omit sets 3-5
I'm going to leave squats at 185 for the next workout and see how it goes.