Synny's training journal

I plan on running the roads in the morning and treadmill at night. I can track my runs better on the treadmill. Need to get some pants that fit so I am not constantly pulling them up while I run. I dont have cool places to run here

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible day today at work just horrible!! My poor client couldn't keep anything down and she isn't sick! She had to be scoped last night due to a blockage and it irritated her throat so bad that anytime she consumed something it came back up I think her daughter was playing freeze out and she won. I had to make an escape outside to the heat to warm up lol. Kinda nice sitting outside reading a book.

Cardio: ?? min walk/run road run this am... I forgot to time myself lol. tomorrow I take my basset with me! 30 min walk/run on treadmill run speeds were 5.5 first run, 6.0 second run, 6.5 third run and 7.0 fourth run (really proud of myself)

Chest/shoulders/tricpes

Flat bench press: 45 lbs 20 reps, 75 lbs 12 reps, 75 lbs 12 reps, 80 lbs 10 reps (finally able to push myself on these!)

superset

Flat bench flye: 15 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps

Stability ball crunches: 25 reps, 30 reps, 6 lbs 30 reps, 15 lbs 30 reps

superset

Arnold press: 15 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 15 reps

Kickbacks: 15 lbs 20 reps, 15 lbs 20 reps, 15 lbs 20 reps

superset

Pushdown with orange band: 20 reps, 20 reps, 20 reps

Plate raise: 25 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 15 reps

Since Wednesday is a holiday I am hitting my trainer up in the morning for legs! Still debating on doing boot camp tomorrow night... Will see what the scale says since I had a sodium weekend.... Everything I ate was loaded and I am trying to drop that water weight.

I did legs today but forgot to write everything down.... Lets just say that I pushed myself hard and didn't complain. That is one reason my trainer likes working with me.... I do exactly as he says no matter how heavy or hard it seems! So got the day off so I went shopping at consignment stores and goodwill. I seriously need to go out on a nice date now!!!! To someplace nice that I have never been to. Sigh.... So new build your burrito type place is open in my town and yeah LOVE IT way more than Chipotle!!! They have pineapple mango salsa!!!!!!!!!!

MM.thumb.jpg.f245c3320af78c77498608fddd0b1407.jpg

Yesterday was a bit of a rest day although I did 30 min on one of the stationary bikes and 50 min of yoga. Enjoyed some time outside and played in my garden a bit. I have a cardinal nest in my backyard so I took a peek at the chicks. They are just so precious!! Ate good but missed lunch due to making cinnamon applesauce, spiced peach preserves and 2 kinds of cherry preserves. Will be canning some today at work since they have a dishwasher that can sterilize the jars. Ate to much kettle corn last night while catching up on the Tour de France. No worries I made the kettle corn myself I think my body is happy with yesterdays rest day and slight refuel!

Gaia I love those heels! Not to mention they will help me to learn to walk that stage and make me feel more girlie That pineapple mango salsa was to die for!

Annoyed with this mandatory water restriction due to water pump failure that is only affecting my town!! With no rain in sight and can't turn on my hose my garden is looking to shrivel up.... MY ASS!!!! I found a slight way around this hehe. I took a 10 quart bucket into the shower with me so that it could catch some water so that I could give my plants a little bit of water and will be grabbing several gallons while at work. I need my peppers for winter cooking and my zucchini so I can make my zucchini bread also for this winter. Hoping my gourds come in!! I need to get a sheet over them today to help protect them from this sun since we are under a heat advisory until Saturday and looking at triple digits without the heat index......

Ok good day until I got a text from my sister saying this guy I am seeing brought me flowers (roses which I detest with a passion) and put them in my domain..... I have serious privacy issues and don't want someone coming into my room without my permission unless it is my mother. And I had told him not to come to my home while I am at work. I am not talking to him right now....

Cardio: Boot camp 55 min, tonight I did a running walking combo but ran more than I walked 40 mins speed 5.5 (ran half mile twice nonstop!!!!!)

Well Monday I change my diet to a stricter menu in hopes that the weight will come off a little easier. I went out to see a friend last night and I wore outfit above. I looked good and felt great!

Cardio: 30 min walk run combo, 50 min yoga

Back/ biceps

Band lat pulldown: 3 sets 20 reps

Band row: 3 sets 20 reps

Band narrow pulldown: 3 sets 20 reps

1 arm dumbbell row: 3 sets 25 lbs 20 reps

Shrug: 1 set 115 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 135 lbs 20 reps, 155 lbs 20 reps (glad I invested in straps!!!!)

Back extenstion: 3 sets 12 lbs 20 reps

Ezbar curl: 3 set 45 lbs 15 reps

Reverse crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

Concentration curl: 3 sets 10 lbs 15 reps

Standing side crunch: 2 sets 35 lbs 20 reps, 1 set 45 lbs 20 reps

Trainer said in a couple weeks once my diet is in order and I am adjusted we will start working on building strength and cut back on reps! Super excited about that cause that means I will get to go heavier!!!! Playing around with trying to find a protein powder flavor I love! Tried chocolate peanut butter cup, next will be pina colada and who knows what flavor next!!! Will probably stick with a basic vanilla so it can be blended with anything. I couldn't give up my coffee but going to cut my ties with Starbucks and going to just go to my vegan coffeehouse and buy a pound of coffee every week and just go that route. Time to support the little man and get away from the big man!!! Went to market and got some tomatoes to start crushing and freezing for the winter. I will be living off tortilla soup and sweet potato chili. With the yummy peppers I am growing I will be able to have super yummy healthy hearty food this winter. Something tells me it might be a rough one....... Also have half a watermelon, a full cantaloupe, peaches I need to get either eaten, frozen or canned for later use. Teddy I know will help me with the watermelon!!!! And tomorrow I will have the last treat for 3 months. I am seriously trying to get my mind in the cutting game. I want to be mentally prepared for it when it is crunch time. Started pricing out the suits.... all I can say is OUCH!!!!!!!! The one I like is $375 but as long as I compete more than 1 season I know it will pay for itself so I have to look at that aspect. Need to start studying youtube for hair and makeup tips and posing... so much to do so little time!!!! I am loving it!! I think even my coach is getting excited about this process!!! I have people telling me I should go with an experienced coach but even the experienced ones have to start out as a novice. I am babbling but this is more for me to remember what needs to be done in case I lose my list and forget lol. Oh and I need to find someone who waxes and is damn good at it.... Ok time to head to work!!

Ok since I have no confidence in being able to run a 5k obstacle course yet... I just signed up to volunteer for Rugged Maniac! Which grants me free entry into a future race! I think it would be an awesome even to volunteer at. Now to work in my running.... lol. I think I will save my running for charities and volunteer for the fun runs

Ok officially ready to start my diet change tomorrow!! And after having an image burned into my eyes I am soooo ready to diet harder!!! If crack is illegal, butt crack should be too!!! I seriously almost lost my breakfast from that image.....

Boring day at work. Been teased with rain all day long still nothing...... been eating on watermelon and cantaloupe all day long. Just haven't really wanted much of anything else.

Cardio: 25 min walk run 1.19 mile with Teddy, 19 min walk run 1.19 by myself. I am really proud of Teddy since this was our first time running together and had a run in with a bunny who distracted him. Poor baby crashed out in front of the fridge as soon as we got back lol. I hope he is up for running more

Rough patches throughout the entire day.... and day 1 of new diet well I forgot to get a few things.......but didn't cheat and did good. Trainer decided that since neither of us wanted to listen to the powerlifters lift and drop weights we took to the streets for run/walk cardio combo. So for an hour we kept moving he even threw in 50 yards of walking lunges for good measure lol. Got home and took mom's teacup poms for a run up to the top of the street than back and grabbed Teddy for a little jaunt and brought the male pom with us cause he was still hyper. All the dogs are laying down napping!!!! Tomorrow I will do today's workout at the gym. I get off cheaper with the trainer this week

I honestly feel like I have been moving an entire house with my legs... I guess this is to be expected when learning to run???? Today was a off day at work due to stuck in docs office so long. Late for my afternoon snack which started making me cranky and wanted to stop anywhere for something bad but didn't. Don't feel like I did a good workout today but I know I did. I didn't have my trainer there pushing me harder.... Ready to get my legs thrashed tomorrow!!!

Cardio: 55 min boot camp, 20 min am walk with Teddy cause I wasn't feeling like running, 30 min walk run (2 min walk 2 min run alternating)

Chest/shoulders/triceps

Machine chest press: 75 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 75 lbs 15 reps (90 didn't feel good even with doing just 10 so went back to 75)

reverse crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Machine chest fly: 50 lbs 15 reps, 60 lbs 12 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps

crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell incline press:25 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps

hanging knee raise: 3 sets 20 reps

superset

shoulder press:15 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps

Tricep pushdown: 70 lbs 15 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps, 80 lbs 12 reps

superset

Side delt raise: 10lbs 15 reps, 12.5 lbs 12 reps, 12.5 lbs 12 reps

Skullcrusher: 30 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 15 reps

superset

Rear delt fly: 7.5 lbs 15 reps, 10 lbs 12 reps, 12.5 lbs 12 reps

Dumbbell kick back:12.5 lbs 15 reps, 12.5 lbs 15 reps, 12.5 lbs 15 reps

In all honestly I didn't want to do boot camp tonight but trainer said go light on cardio and do boot camp..... yeah ok thanks!!! So it was 6 exercises done in a ladder effect... so 50 jumping jacks, 11 burpees, 4 man makers, 20 cross over mountain climbers, 10 suicide squat jumps and 10 plank rows...... 300 jumping jacks, 55 burpees, 13 man makers, 40 cross over mountain climbers, i ended up doing 30 suicide squat jumps and 20 plank rows. Not to mention while my partner was doing her exercises I was going up and down the stairs!! Then we had to do 24 upright rows, 24 bicep curls and 24 tricep extensions with a band for good measure... I think I just found the house I have been pushing today!!!!!!!!!

I thought about food all day long. I won't lie. I wanted to eat anything and everything that wasn't glued down but refrained and looked at the posing suit I want. The most I ate that wasn't on my menu was 5 servings of air popped popcorn which my trainer gave me 2 thumbs up for. Today was a might tough day from the start. My eyes literally didn't want to open, forgot stuff, cold all day at work...

Yoga: 55 min

Legs

TKE squats: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Weighted squat: 45 lbs 20 reps, 95 lbs 15 reps, 105 lbs 15 reps, 115 lbs 12 reps (gonna feel these!!!)

Deadlift: 65 lbs 20 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps, 135 lbs 8 reps (thank god for power straps!!!!!!)

Walking lunges: 15 lb DBs 14 reps, 20 lbs DBs 14 reps, 30 lb DBs 10 reps

3 way calf raise: 3 sets 30

Hit some new personal bests today and totally skipped cardio. Felt like I have overdone it a bit and thought it best to not push it tonight. Going to weigh in with trainer and measure tomorrow. Ready to see how many inches I have lost and what his scale says

Taking it easy tonight and only did 39 min of light cardio. My body is exhausted and I think I was close to hitting a wall. Slammed my protein shake and ate a lil peanut butter to help me through till morning. Noticing I am usually famished by the time I am waking up. Really wish I could eat some junk food right now but not giving in! I will wait till my refeed day which is 6 days away. Saturday will be hard going to get just coffee from my vegan bakery and not any yummies. I might buy one and save it for refeed day! It is only 8p and I am getting ready to turn in for the night. And fall asleep watching the Tour de France!

Diet way off all weekend with yummy high carb junk food lol. Was playing around with recipes to see what would work and what wouldn't. I found a awesome zucchini brownie recipe that I was able to convert to vegan. Got tomatoes and peppers in the freezer for the winter. Need to organize the deep freezer to stock it up for the winter

Ok I seriously need to get my eating under control!! I need to buckle down period end of story.

Cardio: 20 min walk with dog, 20 min booty blaster on treadmill 3.5 speed, walk/run 1 mile

Chest/shoulder/triceps

Dumbbell flat press: 20 lbs 20 reps, 25 lbs 20 reps, 30 lbs 20 reps, 35 lbs 12 reps

Side bends: 35 lbs 20 reps each side, 45 lbs 20 reps each side, 50 lbs 20 reps each side

Pushups: 20 reps, 20 reps (10 reps with 10 lbs on back), 20 reps (10 reps with 10 lbs on back)

Side raises: 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps

Band flye: 3 sets 20 reps

3 way crunch: 3 sets 10 reps

Band tricep press down: 3 sets 20 reps

Shoulder press: 15 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps, 20 lbs 20 reps

Band rear delt: 3 sets 20 reps

Kickbacks: 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps, 10 lbs 20 reps

My sister went with me to my trainer. I am hoping she continues to go with me. I want to force her but know it isn't wise that she has to want to go and save her own life. She wont' have to pay one cent for this all she has to do is go with me and it is paid for even if I really can't afford to pay for both of us. Her life is more important than my coffee addiction and I can go back to eating super duper cheap.

Today I feel like a greased pig!!! I made some brown sugar body scrub and used it, then put on my cocoa butter lotion and wiggled into my spanx after letting the lotion absorb in some. The things I am trying to do to get my skin to shrink up!!!!!!!! I can say that I have some really soft skin like a newborn !! Love that feeling