2.5c Water

Few TBSP coconut oil

Cinnamon

Nutmeg

Stevia

Vanilla

1 Banana

Insy winsy bit of salt

Chuck the coconut oil in a pan, heat on low, then throw your oats in there and roast em. In another pan or kettle boil the water with a smidge of salt then pour it into the oat/coconut mixture stirring well. Bring to a boil if need be for a minute or two then lower to med and cook or 20 min.

After 20 min add vanilla, stevia, nutmeg, and 1 banana. Add some soymilk and cook for another 10 min stirring constantly.

Remove from the pan and nom it. When I need more kcal I do 3/4 or 1 cup of oats and scale the water up to 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 cups. I like to enjoy mine with some organic fair trade coffee.

Sub banana for blueberries, and stevia for maple syrup or agave. Could also sub coconut for flaxseed and forgo browning the oats, or brown them in Earth balance.

• 4 months later...

okay 3 comments.

1. recipe sounds super good, I will definitely try it.

2. What's the deal with steal cut oats? How are they different from regular oat meal? Seriously this food/term is really popular right now and I don't think I heard of them prior to a couple months ago.

3. 12 freaking bananas at once, hahaha awesome. I wonder what Robert Cheeke's banana record is? That guy used to carry around a backpack full of fruit at all times and be constantly eating it.

-Dylan