Has meat met its match?

C.O.

I am a huge mma fan.When John Fitch went vegan he got ktfo by an unranked fighter.I am so glad he did, that guy is ultra boring.

On topic- Mac Danzig,Diaz brothers,Jake shields are vegan.I think Lyoto Machida is a vegeterian altho i'm not sure.Matt Hammil is a vegeterian as well.

So yeah i'm glad people are chaning their diets, i hope i can learn some diet tips from them

I know a good few MMA fighters who've gone vegan to keep their weight down so they don't have to keep cutting weight as much.

can you name them? I haven't heard this before

Danzig,

Mir,

Shields,

Diaz brothers,

Fitch,

Thomas (me),

Simons.

Being vegan has got nothing to do with how easy it is to knock you out, anyone can be knocked out at any time (see punchers chance). Most of the guys I know who do it (local to me) do it because it keeps their weight down and means it's much easier to cut weight than if they were doing it with a meat diet.

Remember, being vegan doesn't = good athlete/fighter. It's how good you are at your sport.

I know a good few MMA fighters who've gone vegan to keep their weight down so they don't have to keep cutting weight as much.

can you name them? I haven't heard this before

I am pretty sure I heard Fitch(i know you don't like him) say in one of his YouTube vids about his diet that it has helped him keep his weight down and cutting weight didn't drain him as much now. He was a vegan a good while before the fight he got knocked out in and he said it has improved his cardio and is overall feeling a lot better. Fitch has been one of the most outspoken MMA fighters about how his change in diet has helped him.

• 4 weeks later...

Mir was only vegan before the Crocop fight, and the Diaz bros eat chicken and fish sometimes.

Ben Saunders (Bellator title contender) is vegan. Tim Bradley, the guy who just beat Paquiao (highly contested, I know) follows a vegan diet during training camps. Aaron Simpson, UFC welterwight, is a vegetarian. Matt Wiman, UFC lightweight, is a vegetarian.

Also, the aformentioned Danzig, Fitch, and Shields. Yes, the list keeps growing and growing. I'm really surprised Tim Bradley isn't getting more attention...

Arian Foster sure is making a stir with NFL fans and sports fans in general. Hope he has a big season this year, that will definitely get people talking. So many are expecting failure and telling him going vegan is a terrible idea...