amature vegan needs help for nutrition

Hello,

Like couple weeks ago, I realized, I'd like to become a vegan. I didn't eat meat for years, and now I decided to refuse all of the animal products.

As for my sports ambitons - I do fitness, started boxing and yoga also like 2-3 weeks ago, and I really enjoy it. I want to build my body as well.

I wasn't surprise, that my trainer wasn't happy about that. He says I have to eat AT LEAST eggs to stay healthy. I read now a lot of articles about vegan-sportsmen-nutritian, and it seems like people don't really have problems with replacing all they need. But I am allergic to nuts, and it seems like nuts are one of the most importaint and usefull "replacer".

So my question:

Is it possible to be a healthy vegan-sportsmen without using or using the minimum of "chemistry", I mean amino acids, proteins and vitamins as tabletts (according to the fact, that I also have to refuse all the nuts)?

Nuts are good because you do want to have some healthy fats in your diet.. there is such a thing as not getting enough fat. But there is always oils, avacodos, olives, seeds, milks, and tofu that have fat in them. You will just have to make sure to include some of them in your diet daily.

As for protein, nuts are one source, but there are many other plant based sources too. You need to eat a variety. Here is a chartthat shows protein content of plant foods (and an egg - bleh).

It sounds like your trainer is not terribly well versed in nutrition, so I would not count on him for that type of advice. In fact I would probably not stick with a trainer like that myself... I would want someone a bit more knowledgeable on plant foods and how best to incorporate them to meet my goals.

Thank you for your answer and the link!

Oh, if you find a trainer like that - please, let me know, I want too

I find my trainer is informed well enough. More over I see him and his results, as well as mine. But yeah, it is quite difficult to find where i live somebody really competent in vegan life style.

Do you take any pills - as vitamins and amino acids - except for the food?

I haven't made any allergy test yet, but I already had alergic reaction to several types of nuts.

I do eat beans, yes. Protein seem to be replaced in the easiest way of all the things, we have to find a replacer. I'm more concerened about amino acids.

I'm more into health and being strong/fit than 'building' so I don't worry about protein as much as many here. I might supplement once a week with VegaOne (meal replacement) or a power bar here and there for breakfast just cuz they are fast and easy, but that's about it. I get less than 50g of protein per day and still make strength gains. I'm not unhappy with my progress.

Protein seem to be replaced in the easiest way of all the things, we have to find a replacer. I'm more concerened about amino acids.

Not sure what you mean by that, but proteins are broken down by digestion into amino acids. Protein=amino acids. You will need to eat a variety of foods to make sure you are getting all essential amino acids.

I am a fitness and figure athlete so I eat more protein. I mostly do this with vegan protein powders. I do not use nuts. I eat flax seed oil and olive oil. I have more muscle now then I ever did as a meat eater. I train 5-6 days a week with cardio, weights and fitness routine training. I am stronger then ever on a plant based diet.