Sick and tired off being weak.

Sawyer

Hi guys,

Sawyer here.

First off a big hello to all my Vegan brothers and sisters.

I've basically come here because i feel weak. And am sick of my body. I basically have skinny arms and belly fat. I feel terrible.. I'm embarrassed to wear t shirts because you can see my arms, with a sweater i kind of look "stocky" But when my arms are on show it gives it away. I want to look good for my girl. We're long term partners.. I know she likes big arms like Ryan gosling etc..

I just dont know where to start. Im to self concious to join a gym so it will have to be home weights.

Plus i'm so confused about protien (supplements)etc. im worried it'll have a bad effect on my body. I suffer from harmless heart palphitations.

My goal is to have great biceps and tri ceps.

Any idea of how much protien i'd need to do one of each of those muscles workouts a night?

Id appreciate any advice, you've no idea how much i'm grateful for help.

Welcome aboard Sawyer!! You can check out some of the training blogs to get an idea about home routines. As far as protein goes I am sure one of the guys will jump in on that because I am not exactly certain. We will try to help as much as we can

I would suggest focusing on major muscle lifts before going to isolation exercises like curls and tricep extensions. Go for pulls (deadlifts, pull-ups), squats, and presses (bench, overhead, pushups). You'll get the most bang for your buck there. Wasting your time on isolation exercises at the beginning will give you very little progress or the body changes you are after. Don't worry - the major lifts will work out your arms, so you will see improvements. And if you want, you can throw in isolation exercises at the end of your workout if you still have energy.

Some people have had some good success with p90x or other videos like that - you won't need too much equipment. I tried it, but I'm not motivated to work out at home, but if you are content doing your workouts at home, it may work for you and could be a good intro into working out.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep track of your workouts and what you are eating. This will help you hold yourself accountable and also see your progress. You can share it with all of us and see what many of us are doing in the journal section of this forum too.

-Dylan

Sawyer, I would like to comfirm what Stcalico said about starting out doing isolation movements. Stick with whole body exercises, Push up, pull ups, lunges, Cardio exercises, etc. Then after some time when you have some improvment then you can add in isolation exercises. I work out 6 day a week and this fits for me but when just starting out don't try to do so much that you will fail, be uncomtorable,or get yourself discouraged. If you want results than the one thing you will need to do is set a work out plan and be consitant, and with the right diet you will prevail! I promise you that. You can do It, I know you want to that's why your here. If you ever need any help with anything let me know. I am going to post my work out routine but remember I am an athlete and you can reach your goal, but this is what I am doing right now.

There are a lot of different training regimens out there. There are three components that I found to be a successful, #1 being consistent, #2 having the right diet, #3 proper rest (8 hours). Take out one of those three components and your goals will fall short. So I would tell you about my training schedule, maybe it could help someone:

•Monday Back and Biceps

Low pull rows 3 sets 10+ Reps

Cable pull downs 3 sets 10+ Reps

T-Bar Rows 3 Sets 10+ Reps

Dead lifts 3 sets 10+ Reps

Straight bar preacher curl 3 sets 10+ Reps

Incline dumbbell curl 3 sets 10 + Reps

Reverse curl 3 sets 10+ reps

Isolation dumbbell curl 3 sets 10 Reps

Dumbbell hammer curls 3 sets 10 Reps

Finish hit high reps cable curls- as many as possible 3 sets

•Tuesday MMA Training

Punching/kicking combinations (Various)

Clinch work

Takedowns, Sweeps and Throws

Body control (working against the cage/wall)

Grappling and ground and pound (offensive and defensive techniques)

Sparring/grappling; every session has to end with some sort of fighting!

•Wednesday Legs and Abs

Squats 3 sets 10 Reps

Leg extensions (curl) 3 sets 10 Reps

Hack Squat machine 3 sets 10 Reps

Reverse Leg Curl 3 sets 10 Reps

Calf Raises 3 sets 10 Reps

Walking Lunges or Step ups to bench 3 sets to failure

Crunch machine 3 sets 20 Reps Heavy

Hanging leg raises 3 sets of 10

Incline trunk twist (medicine ball) 3 sets 20 Reps

Wheel roller 3 sets of 10 supper set with core planks

•Thursday MMA Training Punching/kicking combinations (Various)

Clinch work

Takedowns, Sweeps and Throws

Body control (working against the cage/wall)

Grappling and ground and pound (offensive and defensive techniques)

Sparring/grappling; every session has to end with some sort of fighting!

•Friday Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (Hard Day)

Super set Incline dumbbell press with shoulder dumbbell press 3 sets of 8-10 Reps

Super set dumbbell chest flies with dumbbell laterals 3 sets of 10

Tri set Hammer Strength Shoulder press machine with Hammer Strength Chest Press & barbell up right rows

Barbell shrugs 3 sets 10-15 Reps

Weighted Dips 3 sets 10+ Reps

Overhead Tricep extension 3 sets 10 Reps

Cable push down 3 set 10 reps

Triceps kick back or Skull crushers 3 sets 10 Reps

Triceps machine 3 sets to failure (Burnout set)

•Saturday MMA and Jui Jitsu Training

Heavy bag work (Form technique and cardio) 45 min

Advanced techniques 45 min

Jui Jitsu- Techniques

Jui jitsu- Randori (Fighting)

Sunday is a rest day. I wish I had one more but there is no time. I have been changing my workouts over the past few years and with super setting my weight training I have found I can still lift heavy and get my work outs done quicker too. I also switch up different exercises in my routine trying to shock my body, this is good for muscle confusion and will help keep your workouts fun too. I have also been fortunate enough to have a work out partner with the same drive I have. The biggest thing to any program is being consistent. In the gym, I always get asked what do you eat? What do you do to keep your self the way you do? People always say "I train but I can’t get muscles like that". I don’t have the heart to tell them you need to be consistent! People want to look the part and by hitting the gym once or twice a week and that is not enough. I hope this will help someone out there, thanks for reading!