Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

Had a couple of quality workouts with @iamnickjackson this week so today since I have to lift some boxes at work tonight im just going to do abs and push ups around the house. Been awesome having robert in town. We watched Italy beat up Germany yesterday and went to Vegan Drinks NYC last night, good times.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are interested in a fun way to get an intense abs workout try inner-tubing down the river in a tube that isn't inflated all the way. This was not intentional of course, caught a leak in my tube but my abs are so sore today. Seriously this is the way to an 8-pack while having fun in the sun.

• 2 weeks later...

Note to self, remember to sleep. I am dead tired but about to go force a workout. Doing arms tonight, first soccer game of the new season tomorrow....and no keeper....we are going to get murdered.

We got body-bagged. We had no keeper so we took turns in goal and lost 1-7. Coming off a really solid 4th place last season but with mostly new players, it was really fun to get back out there and play but kind of a frustrating start.

Got called a hunk today, 2nd time probably in my life, not going to lie it felt damn good. I'm not the hunk type. Funny I never hear anyone being called that except for in cheesy movies really.

I've been cooking more which I think has been helping me eat less processed foods for the most part. Got this disappointing healthy grains mix though that has way too much orzo and way to little of all the other ingredients: quinoa, lentils, barley, one other thing I can't remember.

Back to the gym tomorrow, I gotta man-date.

Went hiking at breakneck ridge. Solid and fun outdoor workout. Just did a short 2.4 mile hike. The 1st Mile or so was actual rock climbing though and it was warm out so I sweated out a few gallons it felt like haha. Went swimming in the river after the hike, that was amazing except I got some cuts on my hands and feet from rocks in the river and Im not sure how clean the water was so I hope I didn't catch anything horrible.

Comedy show went very well!

I went to Philly and attended part of a weightloss managment conference. While staying in the hotel I got in one work out. Swimming! I love swimming (not super great at it though) and I rarely get to do it. I got in 40 laps, and then was corrected that a lap is down AND back so I got in 20 laps.... But I definitely felt it. Worked my muscles and was winded.

Starting to slack due to crazy work schedule....ugh. Gotta find time and energy to workout! Soccer game wednesday, my team did slightly less pathetic without me plus 3 that missed our first game improving from 1-7 loss first game to 3-7 loss 2nd game. Hopefully everyone will be in attendance this week and we will grab our first win of the season.

My soccer team got our first win of the season and I got a goal and an assist so I was pretty content. Had some heavy crates fall on my head at work 4 of them about 40 lbs each (ouch). I'm pretty sure I'm okay. Didnt go to a doctor but I filed a report at work just in case symptoms arise later. So thankful to be okay, and so angry at co-workers for not being safe and stacking them poorly as well as way to high.

Finding time to workout and to cook proper meals is hard lately. I'll figure out a way to work them in though.

My head is okay. Got kinda a knot in my back today but hopefully that is nothing too geez. Woke up crack of dawn and got in a workout before heading to the beach all day and then work all night. I think maybe the 40 min nap I took at the beach my have messed up my back. Got on a foam roller at Miho's tonight. Those things seem to help quite a bit. I'd recommend them to anyone.

So we got stomped again tonight but not only did we not have a real keeper we also were short on players and had to play the entire game with no subs which in indoor is one hell of a cardio workout. We played pretty tough too 0-0 at the half which never happens in indoor either. Second half we ran out of gas a little and they beat us 4-1. Should have been 4-2 I put one that crossed the goal line then the keeper knocked it out and the ref called it no goal but we would have still lost so not a huge deal. So now that team is 4-0 for the season and we are 1-3. Abs showing after the game shower so that's a plus, thanks for not showing up teammates you're helping me get in better shape.

So I concurred Mt. Washington in NH this weekend. Was about 5 hours or so up and 5 hours or so down. Could have probably done it faster with a more athletic group but I had an amazing time. There were 12 of us and I think I was 1 of 3 that wasn't complaining about everything hurting and walking funny after it was over. Kinda feels good to be in better shape that most of the group

Back to reality, I'll give myself a day to rest and work arms tomorrow.

Well I busted my big toe up playing soccer and kicking the heel of the goal keeper on the other team so cardio has been limited. However I did do the elliptical Sunday. Did arms and abs yesterday. Hopefully I am able to play soccer wednesday without interfering with my toe's healing process.

Been making chia seed pudding a bunch lately. Check out the recipe section I posted it there. Its super easy to make.

-Dylan

Well I busted my big toe up playing soccer and kicking the heel of the goal keeper on the other team so cardio has been limited. However I did do the elliptical Sunday. Did arms and abs yesterday. Hopefully I am able to play soccer wednesday without interfering with my toe's healing process.

Been making chia seed pudding a bunch lately. Check out the recipe section I posted it there. Its super easy to make.

-Dylan

Dang soccer was disappointing tonight. I played well, scored 2 goals and 1 assist but we lost 3-4. I thought we had tied it up 3-3. Well they changed the playoff structure to include more teams so we are still in. 6th place at the end of the regular season, I think we may surprise someone in playoffs and pull an upset. We REALLY need an actual goal keeper for next season....

Big toe I smashed last week held up tonight but is really sore still especially after running on it and kicking balls all night.

Tomorrow arms shoulders and abs!

Also I tried this aloe and wheat grass drink by Alo brand and it was super delicious. I didn't think I liked either of those things but apparently together I do.

-Dylan

Just saw the thread that forum members are working together to see how quickly we can do 1 million push-ups collectively so I dropped and gave em 101.

I have decided I want to improve my soccer skills and after some self analyzing I have decided that my strengths are passing and defending, and my weaknesses are shooting power and dribbling (which was a strength not too long ago). So I am going to focus on strengthening my legs which will help my shooting power and hopefully my first step quickness when dribbling.

I want to get back into playing at a little higher level of a league. I have decided my goal is to take a team to win a championship in this low level coed indoor league before switching leagues. I feel like I am most often one of the best players on the field in this league and create many opportunities for myself and others. However my shooting power and accuracy have been awful lately. Last game was an exception I had 2 goals and an assist but we still lost 3-4. I had plenty of opportunities to put a 3rd goal in the net and tie up the game.

This wednesday we start playoffs. We enter the playoffs in 7th place and have a double header if we win the first match vs the 10th place team we play the 2nd place team the same night about an hour later. Our teams biggest weakness is goal keeper. If my friend and our last seasons keeper comes to sub we have a shot at winning both games. If not I still at least want to close out the season with a win in the first round and making the 2nd place team have to work hard to beat us in the 2nd round.

Hit the gym for arms, chest, shoulders and back with @IamNickJackson last night, solid workout. Then at at Champ in Williamsburg, tasty vegan eats there. First time I've ever had a tofu scramble, veg bacon, veg sausage, and a side salad come along with my french toast.

Robert and I hit Hanna food in Bushwick late night. He had been there several times and never had gotten anything from their deli! I couldn't believe it, that's the only reason to go there is their vegetarian sandwiches, the rest of the store is a little too over priced for me but good quality stuff in there.

Soccer playoffs tonight. Wish us luck, we will need it...

Well we played really well. First round 8-2 win. 2nd round vs the #2 team that beat us 7-2 earlier in the season we played hard. Even had a player cut her hand severely on a broken sign on the wall, wrapped it up and kept playing, she went to the hospital after the game, haha actually after getting a drink after the game too. We were ahead 4-3 and had a goal that was across the line that didnt get counted that would have put us up 5-3... We ended up losing 5-6. It was a great game though, and even though we lost (haha we tied in my head) it was my favorite game of the season.

Day of rest (kind of besides some lifting at work) and then back to the gym tomorrow.

Holy crap I discovered fennel, not like Columbus or whoever Columbus stole the credit from discovered America, but self discovery. Its delicious and so easy to cook, so many ways. Its definitely going to be in my rotation now.

Been moving and my gf just got back from Europe today so, between moving, cleaning and carrying her luggage I'm been getting in some solid non-gym workouts. Hitting the gym again tomorrow though.

Excellent picnic with a sandwich made with edamame-tofu nuggets, heirloom tomatoes, red bell peppers, and pea shoots. Green tomatoes that look like tiny watermelons are so delcious.

Haven't been in the gym but moving has been keeping me working my muscles hard.