Hello from a Seattle (wannabe)runner :)

Uncharted

Hey everyone! I've lurked this site for years and, after deciding to complete a marathon in November I thought I'd sign up for some extra motivation and tips. I attempted, and trained for 2 months last year and then went and got myself two jobs...leaving no time for training...actually no time for sleeping which was really getting me down. This year, I have one job and a little more time. I begin my training tomorrow and will have 18 weeks until the race. I've always liked to run but have only started doing long distance running in the last year or so. I feel like a wannabe. Completing a marathon would make me feel more legit

I've been vegan for 4 years but have been horrible with my nutrition in the last year or so. Sadly I consider myself a junk food vegan at the moment. I hate it. A lot of processed "foods" that keep me feeling good on a moral level...in that I'm not eating any animal products, but on a physical level are totally bumming me out. I would like to get strong and fit while training and hopefully return to being a good spokesperson for the animals by kicking this awful junk food habit.

Anyways, I'm really excited to be here and hope to meet some fun people. I went to the Animal Rights conference a few years back and saw a group of Vegan Bodybuilders...seemed like cool people