disney princess soon to become WWF superstar...

A friend of mine swears when he would take his creatine of an evening if made him to hot & couldn't sleep. I respond to it well, it's. Been proven to work but obviously everyone's not going to respond to it.

Sounds like you're trying everything under the sun anyway, 7 hrs is still a decent amount to be getting. I get 5-6 during the day (broken) & then work during the night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First show completed...I didn't place well...somewhere in the last 4 out of 10. Glutes and hamstrings didn't come in as well as I wanted. And I got REALLY bad "professional" tan from the on site tanning company. I looked like I rolled in a mud puddle it was so streaky and blotchy and everyone else had a flawless tan and were giving my pity looks and offering me their cover up products but it was hopeless. On show day the tan company put a 12 year old girl who was really insecure in charge of touch ups and she said hadn't ever done tanning stuff and didn't know how to use the glaze etc. Her touch up efforts made me even worse! I am really upset about it becuase I know I placed lower for it and walking out on stage feeling humiliated for my tan was not cool...

And my friends only took 4 really blurry photos of me on stage....and the on site photographers took hundreds of photos of the first 3 figure classes and not even one photo from Figure D class. So I have NO pictures of me on stage! (I kinda need at least one clear picture so I can email it to the tanning people and rage at them.)

I guess I'm pretty disappointed....I was hoping/expecting to place 4 - 5th. My upper body and posing etc was great and my butt wasn't far off.

best1.JPG.7bfce6795e8b37bd3c7b77df9e023f81.JPG

Edited by precision female

Congratulations on completing your first show!

Sorry to hear about the tanning troubles. I've had the same tanning problems and was actually reprimanded back stage by the show promoter for one particular show because of the bad tan. So it happens sometimes, though we hope that it won't.

Again, sorry to hear it was a frustrating part of the show.

I know about those blurry pics from friends too. It seems to happen more often than not in bodybuilding. Due to the darkness of the room aside from the brightness on stage, the depth of the audience and distance from the stage and the fact that friends are trying to watch the show and often forget to take pics. So it happens pretty regularly, but it is a bummer the professional photographers didn't take any of your class. That seems strange.

You put a lot of hard work into the preparation for this contest. You should feel very proud of commitment, effort, and heart you put into it. Don't worry about placings. I've always thought of this sport as something that we do to compete against ourselves. We're just always trying to better ourselves, work harder, make strides and that is all we should really worry about in the "competition" aspect of this sport. At least that is just one perspective to have.

Congratulations again for competing. Most never make it that far. Even most of the people who say they'll compete, never do. It takes a lot of hard work, dedication, courage, and determination to make it up on stage. Consider yourself one of the few who truly make it happen.

All the best,

Robert

That really sucks about the tan And not having any great pictures of yourself on stage, that must be a real disappointment...

But you look really great!

Maybe just try and use this as a motivation to look even more amazing at your next show, and try to get a friend to bring a good camera and take lots and lots of pictures of you on (and off) stage, so you have some great pics of your contest shape.

Thanks Robert for your support...in the little into blurb they read when you walk out individually to pose I mentioned thankyou to you and the support from veganbodybuilding.com website. I had no team or trainer to thank like everyone else did. (And your book was a real key motivator as well.)

Here are 2 more pics...one from August 1st last year - I guess the real "before pic", its pretty hideous....the day I got out of bed (6.5 year chronic depression) and decided to push my body to the limit, my life took an intense turn that day...I didn't seriously consider a competition at that point but I was going to pretend and do everything as though preparing for one.

the 2nd one is the only pic I have of me on stage (although I'm desperately still hoping to find someone who has decent pictures)

180275365_show1.JPG.dffba20283453b4f5999ec17b6226ba1.JPG

aug1.jpg.47000a2acea21106f56be35e819f25e7.jpg

Cool, thanks so much for giving our website a shout out and congratulations again on competing and getting up on stage after a lot of hard work and preparation.

The contest photo looks good. Well done.

What's your plan now? Do you want to compete again or are you taking some time to think about it and consider upcoming events, etc.?

All the best!

To place that low really aggravates me...it is not at all acceptable to my personality type and I stamped myself with a big "Fail and Redo the assignment" stamp in my mind.

I was already planning for the next show as I walked off stage...a few small changes would have placed me much higher ( longer eye lashes...I didn't realize I HAD to have fake ones and I did go and buy them so I had them in the evening show.) Needed WAY more jemstones on my bikini...being a novice show I thought that my moderately fancy one would be average but it wasn't...it was totally dull compared to the others. And I need a decent tan! It wasn't my body and stage performance that didn't make the cut...although I will have to tone up my glutes a touch more...

the next show is Nov 10th....

I weighed in at 122lbs the morning of the show, 9.5% body fat 2 days before the show...was hoping for 125. The 2 winning girls were clearly holding more muscle so my goal is to put on 20 lbs....or at least high 130's and then hopefully compete 126ish in November.

You've done fantastically - I'd like to give you some advice on avoiding negativity or frustration: Personally, I'd recommend aiming for self-satisfaction, not to win a competition of this kind. As you said, they want you to wear fake eye lashes? Ridiculous. You should have your own aims and goals. If it wasn't for this kind of competition, would you want to wear fake lashes, or do any of the other things necessary to win? What would be your goal if these competitions didn't exist? Obviously, to improve you need to have an ability to assess your own weaknesses, otherwise those weaknesses will not be overcome. So I understand being a strong critic of yourself. But, that's different than allowing someone else to be a critic of you unfairly.

As usual, very well said Richard!

I've decided to stop competing for some of the same reasons. I'm pursuing fitness for my own reasons and I no longer have the desire to perform on stage for judges to decide how much fitness means to me or the role that it plays in my life.

I think there are plenty of great reasons to compete and I still encourage and support others. It is quite fun, a way to meet a lot of people, network and create opportunities, and has other benefits.

All the very best in your training!

Just to add to what Richard and Robert said.

Do you know the difference between perfection and excellence?

Perfection = That is when nothing is good enough, it comes from lack of self appreciation.

It strives for something that can never be achieved. And it takes every temporary stumble as negative.

Excellence = That's when you understand that your true competition is only with yourself. That is when you learn to appreciate yourself for the things you do. And from that strong place strive to get even better.

That is when you learn from the things that didn't work for you. That is when you are no longer see things that didn't work as failures.

It's a bit commercial but I really like it how they put it in that video. And I think it says it all.

Excellence = That's when you understand that your true competition is only with yourself. That is when you learn to appreciate yourself for the things you do. And from that strong place strive to get even better.

That is when you learn from the things that didn't work for you. That is when you are no longer see things that didn't work as failures.

I like this. And the Michael Jordan 'failure' Nike commercial video. I also reference Thomas Edison on 1,927 ways on how not to make a light bulb, till he finally got it right.

This was a learning experience. I like how you already have plans (and hopefully are already executing them out) to do for the next show. You now know the game plan for the show, and how you can plan for the 'bumps' that will show up. And next time you can really 'work' the show!

And I would 'professionally' complain to the tanning company. You should either get a refund and possibly some damages (small claims court?) or a free tan with an employee that is experienced in 'show' tans next time (and possibly a free trial 'show tan' two weeks before the November show? just so it is set in stone this time and no 'bumps' in the road).

And yeah, congrats on making it to the show! I know the struggle it is just to get to that point! And with that experience under your belt, make the next one even better! make it Yours!

I tend not to candy coat my life with seeing the good side of every bad situation. Not that I don't appreciate what was accomplished...but my primary objective was not achieved and that is not satisfactory to me. I have always been a straight-A type of person at the top of whatever I do. Placing 9th out of 10 (I did see the official results today) isn't acceptable. I'm not boo hooing over it (although I am still boo hooing the tan job)...but anyone can pay $200 and compete on stage in any body condition. I tend to see candy coating as a way of avoiding feeling bad for a failure and ultimately it leads to more and more excuses for not putting the effort into succeeding, and makes not doing good enough ok.

Here is my Stix cartoon about it... this is the only candy coating that I give to the situation. Especially funny to those on the forum who know I had a run in with some cops and the psych ward not long ago...

1617049549_bodybuildingcompetitionsmall.jpg.68f14f10e4670c35e695833a9995fa5f.jpg

I didn't candy-coat anything. If you want to aim for longer eye lashes and professional tan-application, be my guest. But my advice is to aim for a body that you personally are happy with, and don't worry about impressing others. Why worry about their standards?

I think that being happy with my body has never been the objective, I like how it looks but that is irrelevant to me, what I want is to be able to say something about veganism and healthy lifestyle with it...but nobody sees the person who places 9th out of 10.

In a small town here I have small town fame as the girl with the crazy long hair, hot red motorcycle, and fantastic body...a lot of people here do now attach being vegan to that character...but its a small audience in a small town and I want to expand. Not for ego...but for the message of ethical lifestyle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally found a clear picture from on stage at the competition....this is the link...and to the left are the other girls in my class...who all beat me! (except Crystal) I'm a bit confused because really seriously...I swear I look better. My arms are a bit wide...but the others seem to have flawed poses also.

I guess I don't have a judges eye. If anyone has insight please share what you think the judges saw.

http://www.russwardrop.com/Competitions/2012-Western-Canadians-Coming/22826733_DDm8bV/1918394483_cKj3Mbg#!i=1918394483&k=cKj3Mbg

Just came back from a competition in LA yesterday...BLEH. It is ALL bullshit Deborah. All of it. I watched. Even without working out for 12 weeks due to a ripped Glute...I could have still competed (but not come near a win or a place) with some of the women I saw lining up for tans Its rigged and its a money making venture. Its a fact! (or I am just a crotchedy old woman stating my opinion...I don't think so)

I am determined to find out...I am the official backstage bikini biter for the Canadian Nationals in 3 weeks. So... hoping this gets me closer to the inside to find out if there's favoritism etc...and also whether after doing this favor for them they will place me higher at my next show.

2 girls from Nelson placed 1st and 2nd in their division last year....they had no connections and didn't know anyone...so I'm not believing its all rigged...maybe some classes...

IMO- need to get rid of the ribs. do some more pullovers and ab workout - perhaps more obliques to get some intercoastals going?

your body is so long! need a suit that fits better and gives you alittle more coverage? pushupbra? and the shape of the bottom is round, needs to be more pointed I think. I would also do some peak contraction workouts (lift in short ROM in the peak contraction state) to try and get some more fullness in the belly of your muscles (because you are so long boned).

I have been looking into a new suit. I don't have breasts, less than double A, so a push up bra doesn't work becasue there is nothing to push up, even with a tonne of padding I look down and there's big air gaps where by boobs should be. Any tension in the top piece - caused by trying to push flesh upward - instantly pulls the bottom up into a wedgie. I had to glue the top onto my chest to hold it in place.

I think everyone has ribs when your at 8% body fat. All the other competitors did. Certainly in amateur levels.