Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just stress how miserable I am right now?? Having a wisdom tooth pulled that isn't clotting and I just NOW took a pain pill because the pain is to horrible and has given me a nasty headache. I was right in assuming I would be liquid diet for about 3 days cause when he numbed me I wasn't numb and felt every needle go in and it really hurts to open my mouth and swallow. Like a glutton I went to my trainer and to my surprise my sister when and worked out with me again! Super proud of her. I know I should of stayed home but I can do body weight leg workout!

Cardio: 20 min step mill lvl 4, 55 min yoga

Legs

TKE squat: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Body weight squats: 3 sets 20 reps

Step up: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Reverse lunges: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

3 way calf raise: 3 sets 30 reps

Kickbacks: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Pain pain go away I am so freaking hungry and tired of apple butter and peanut butter mixed together! My mouth still hurts and have a feeling tomorrow won't be much better. Luckily I will be able to exert myself more! Hoping the scale isn't brutal since I at way to much peanut butter today lol. I did get some applesauce and protein shakes down too but those really didn't stay with me that long

Cardio: 60 min 10% incline 3.0 treadmill

How about a creamy potato soup? When I had mouth surgery in my late teens, and had to have my whole mouth wired together while it healed, I drank soup and smoothies all the time. Make sure you put some oil of some sort in the soup to keep you feeling full for awhile. Sorry about your wisdom teeth having to be pulled - that just Sucks! Maybe your green monster smoothies will help in the healing also!

I didn't have the money to buy any food to help me heal. Trust me I would loved to have drank green monsters the past couple days! Luckily I had applesauce and apple butter in the freezer for the winter and a large container of peanut butter. It has helped me along with protein shakes. By tomorrow I will be eating food again but taking it easy on cardio. I did my weights and went to do cardio halfway through I had to call it quits cause the pull sight was throbbing something fierce. At least I got 36 min of cardio and all my weight training in Will be glad to eat some tofu and broccoli tomorrow!!!!

Ok this makes me feel good!!! My dog is embracing a vegetarian diet!! Unfortunately my step dad still gives him meat behind my back. My sister also treats him once in a while to some plain ground turkey. He is on a vegetarian dog food with treats of watermelon, asparagus, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans, apples, peaches (minus the pit and only small amount), carrots and snap peas. Those are his favorites by far!!! I am trying to work on his weight to keep it down so that we can keep health issues to a minimum. Plus this gives me another excuse to sneak in extra cardio hahaha. But I am so glad he is enjoying his new diet!!!

I got home from work/gym and found a package on my bed. It is a lunch crock!!!! I can now start my lunch in the morning and then take it to work to finish up and I won't ever have to change container to transfer it either. I wonder what it would do for my morning oatmeal???? Just might have to try it tonight!!!

LOVE my new lunch crock!!!! My lunch was warmed perfectly and if it was a size bigger I could add in my rice!!! Not a terribly bad day to be honest but rather a nasty boring day! Although I did get a rate decrease with my trainer today because my sister is now training. I honestly thought she wasn't going to go today but she surprised me. I leave it up to her and ask so she has a choice in the matter. I think my trainer is turning me into a beast hehe. I want to make some tank tops that say beast in training . I slacked on cardio today. I really should have done the step mill first and 10 min left to go I just couldn't talk my legs into finishing out. Will make up for it tomorrow. I really should make a pitcher of iced decaf coffee for at night when I crave coffee

Cardio: 32 min treadmill 15% incline 3.2 speed, 20 min step mill lvl 5 fat burner

Chest/triceps/shoulders

Flat bench press:

45 lbs 15 reps

70 lbs 15 reps

85 lbs 12 reps

95 lbs 10 reps

Oblique crunch on ball: 3 sets 20 reps

Incline flye:

20 lbs 15 reps

25 lbs 12 reps

30 lbs 10 reps

Pushups-deep: 3 sets 15 reps

Reverse crunch: 3 sets 20 reps

Arnold press:

20 lbs 15 reps

20 lbs 15 reps

30 lbs 10 reps

Tricep pressdown: 3 sets 20 reps

Tricep Kickback: Drop set followed by 2 normal sets.....

15 lbs 15 reps

10 lbs 15 reps

8 lbs 15 reps

5 lbs 15 reps

2.5lbs 15 reps

15 lbs 15 reps

15 lbs 15 reps

Side delt raise: Drop set followed by 2 normal sets

15 lbs 10 reps

10 lbs 10 reps

8 lbs 10 reps

5 lbs 10 reps

2.5lbs 10 reps

10 lbs 10 reps

10 lbs 10 reps

I am really glad I am not doing boot camp for a couple more weeks.... My trainer is taking full advantage of that and liking it! I think he is getting a bit antsy to get to the bulking stage cause that means he gets to use his favorite saying to me as he ups the weight... You make that look to easy with his evil grin. I got a bruise over the weekend from heaving a weight plate over my shoulder and posted a pic of it though you can't really see it in the pic he STILL got excited and was like BATTLE SCAR!!!! His GF called me crazy and my dear mentor called me monster and to take it easy.

Yes the wait is almost over!!!! Forget reaching my goal I am to impatient we are going straight for the bulk!!!!!! Trainer is on board and ready to see my body react. Frankly I am just ready to lift heavy things like a beast and flex and have muscles!!! I need to seriously work on my diet so that I can ensure I get enough protein and carbs to fuel me for my sessions. Will keep my cardio sessions to 45 min/day. Went to get my temporary crown done today and going to have to go back to have it adjusted. It is going to affect my bite. Lived off of smoothies today due to my mouth being sore and cut up a bit from the dentist being a lil rough....

Cardio: 42 min walk

Legs

TKE: 3 sets 20 reps

Body weight squats: 3 sets 20 reps

Walking lunges: 20 lb DBs 30 reps, 30 lb DBs 24 reps, 35 lb DBs 20 reps

Weighted squats: 85 lbs 15 reps, 95 lbs 12 reps, 120 lbs 10 reps

Step ups: 20 reps, 15 lb DBs 20 reps, 25 lb DBs 12 reps

Reverse lunge TKE: 3 sets 15 reps

Stiff leg deadlift: 45 lbs 20 reps, 65 lbs 20 reps, 85 lbs 20 reps

Feeling my legs already!!!! LOVE LEGS DAY!

I was thinking of doing lots of fruits and vegetables and some nuts and oatmeal. Still going to enjoy a cinnamon roll or 2 every Saturday but not going overboard. Also won't turn down a dinner date now!! Basically what I am doing now but double portions except I will eat more fruit today I could of broke down and had cookies and pop tarts to kill a nasty craving but opted for 6 dates and a small bowl of red grapes instead. I will be happy not doing all the cardio and have a bit of a life again. Will find out tomorrow when I can start upping my food intake. I am noticing I don't like processed foods and will pick yummy whole fruit and veggies

Cardio: 32 min treadmill 3.5 15% incline, 30 min elliptical lvl 6 weight loss program

Enjoy bulking, and feeling the muscles grow! grow! grow! I've gained back 8 lbs already, and my muscle mass is back to its big fullness - but not the bodyfat! But I still need to get my bodyfat down again till vascularity and definition pop out for me to get to the image I have in my head of what I want to look like.

I am going to enjoy this a lot. I already told him I refuse to go above 180 so will be watching the scale slightly but will also be going by how my clothes fit. I don't want to have to go buy fat girl clothes again. Luckily I have 3 pairs of pants that aren't forgiving so when they are tight I will cut back on the fruit and up the cardio a bit. Just hoping that doesn't happen. I know last night I ate a little to much sodium cause my tummy feels big so starting my day off with a double mixed berry smoothie (2c mixed berries, 1c coconut milk, 1 1/2c water and 2 scoops rice protein powder). That should help me feel better soon

I just want to say that trying to do low intensity cardio after MONTHS of higher intensity cardio is flipping hard?!?!?! I had to keep a close eye on my heart rate and not get it over 125 per trainer orders.... Ooops guess I better take some songs off my ipod so that I don't kill it with the songs hahahaha. One song had me at 151...... so I got an extra lil burn in there. Must do better tomorrow!

Ok so today was rather a boring day and I managed to forget my notebook which had my grocery list and workouts for the weekend at the hair salon and I can't get it until Monday... Luckily I managed to remember most of my list and got in touch with my trainer who gave me my workouts again. My knee is bothering me so I wonder what is coming...

Cardio: 30 min weight loss program lvl 5

Core

Ball crunch: 5 sets 30 reps

Hanging leg raises: 5 sets 20 reps

Incline sit up: 5 sets 15 reps

Side bend: 35 lbs 15 reps, 3 sets 45 lbs 15 reps, 55 lbs 15 reps

My poor tummy!!!! It doesn't know what to do with all this fruit and veggies it is getting lol. I am sooooooooooooo full!!!!!! I think after dinner I am going to take my basset out for a walk cause not only am I full I am also full of energy or wanting to go into a food coma. Work was a total drag I swear. I was ready to come home so I could watch women's weight lifting I taped last night. I actually have every weightlifting event set to record.

Cardio: 30 min elliptical lvl 5 weight loss program, 30 min walk with dog

Biceps, Triceps, Calves

Straight bar curl: 30 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 50 lbs 10 reps

Rope pressdown: 60 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps

Seated calf raise: 45 lbs 15 reps, 55 lbs 15 reps, 70 lbs 15 reps

Hammer curl: 15 lbs 15 reps, 20 lbs 12 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps

Skullcrusher: 40 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps (someone was hogging the 50 lb bar)

Standing calf raise: 60 lbs 15 reps, 75 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 15 reps

Preacher curls: 12.5 lbs 15 reps, 17.5 lbs 12 reps, 17.5 lbs 10 reps

Kickbacks: 12.5 lbs 15 reps, 15 lbs 12 reps, 17.5 lbs 10 reps

Bisolator: 3 sets 60 lbs 15 reps

Tricep extension: 3 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

Ok much better day with my eating. I was full all day long but not so much so that I was miserable like yesterday. I am realizing I am stronger than I thought and I need to learn to trust myself way more. We took measurements so that we can compare in a month.

Cardio: 30 min elliptical lvl 5 weight loss, 20 min walk with dog, 50 min yoga

Chest and shoulder

Bench press: 95 lbs 10 reps, 105 lbs 8 reps, 105 lbs 8 reps (I HIT TRIPLE DIGITS!!!! Never thought I would be pushing this much)

Incline Dumbbell press: 25 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Push ups: 3 sets 15 reps

Ball crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

Shoulder press: 25 lbs 12 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Reverse crunch: 2 sets 30 reps

Side lateral raise-drop sets to burn out: 15 lbs, 10 lbs, 8 lbs 12-8 reps, 15 lbs 10 lbs 8 lbs 10-8 reps

I can't believe I have lifted heavier tonight!!! I am so super proud of myself that I really didn't want to stop now I have to wait until Wednesday to lift again....

So my knee has been bothering me and I had forgotten what worked last time it was angry until today... Running! I ran 2 good laps at the gym before yoga and ran up and down the street at work and it is feeling halfway better. Also have been using cold compresses. Eating is getting easier but need to watch my choices a lil closer. Unfrosted pop tarts as good as they are aren't healthy for me lol. And I felt really strong today with the trainer.

Cardio: 25 min elliptical weight loss program, 55 min yoga

Legs

TKE squats: 3 sets 20 reps each leg

Body weight lunges: 2 sets 14 reps each leg

Weighted squats: 95 lbs 15 reps, 115 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 135 lbs 10 reps, 145 lbs 8 reps

Deadlifts: 135 lbs 8 reps, 2 sets 145 lbs 6 reps

Weighted walking lunges: 25 (50) lbs 10 reps each leg, 30 (60) lbs 8 reps each leg, 35 (70) lbs 6 reps each leg (used dumbbells for this)

I love the fact that I am now tuning my brain out of training sessions. Otherwise I would probably still not be doing as good with my trainer as I am doing. Anxious to see how I do on Friday with back!!!!